The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Captain Planet - The Movie

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I really wish this was a joke.

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2013/06/28/captain-planet-movie/

Still looking for the release date so we can plan for the inevitable "Hollywood Apocalypse" this movie will surely bring. -_-

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Captain Planet!
He's no hero!
He's gunna bring our profits down to zero!
He's our desperation magnified!
And he's fighting on thinning ice!

Sorry, couldn't resist. :lol

In all seriousness, I have no idea why they decided now to make a Captain Planet movie. But then I shouldn't be surprised. They made movies out of other old shows, like Yogi Bear, recently. And it was even older than Captain Planet.

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I always hated the show as a kid.  This looks like pure Grade-A crap.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
That's because it will be grade a crap. This movie is gonna bomb in box offices. I don't know why Ted Turner is making this movie. Yes Ted Turner is the producer for this horrible piece of 90's garbage. I'm sure it's gonna be like the Yogi Bear CGI Animation mixed with Live Action god this is gonna be terrible. I'm not gonna waste my cash on seeing it at all.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Wait, we're allowed to dislike this movie, but if we say anything even remotely less than positive about Equestria Girls, we get told to shut up?

The only way this movie could be any good is if it's a full length movie version of that Robot Chicken sketch which has Ted Turner dressing up like Captain Planet and running around beating the crap out of corporate bigwigs and kicking pedestrians in the crotch, shouting "CAPTAIN PLANET!" all the way.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 28 2013 on  05:19 PM
The only way this movie could be any good is if it's a full length movie version of that Robot Chicken sketch which has Ted Turner dressing up like Captain Planet and running beating the crap out of corporate bigwigs, shouting "CAPTAIN PLANET!"
I would love to see a movie like that.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I saw the trailer and it stunk the actors and actress they picked are to old for there roles and the actor that played Captain Planet looks like he wants no part of this. All the actors they picked are just god awful. And there is no good quality's in the movie. And that's because some effort went into Equestria Girls and this piece of trash has no effort put into it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You were still out of bounds for telling me to shut up.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I watched the tv show when it was on. it was the first cartoon show that promoted environmental protection, tackled things like drugs and addiction etc. and yes the robot chicken sketch was hilarious. am I surprised they are making this movie? not really, studios will greenlight just about anything. oh, and yes this film will suck.. BIGTIME>
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I would actually pay money to see a feature length version of the Robot Chicken sketch.  

PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT OR I'LL ****ING KILL YOU!!!  CAPTAIIIIIIIIIIN PLANEEEEEEEEET!!!

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
I kinda would as well that would be a very awesome sketch/movie if they did that.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
As for being the first animated series about protecting the environment, I'll have to disagree.

There was another show that also premiered in 1990 and that I loved, Widget, The World Watcher. Along with Denver, the Last Dinosaur, these were the two cartoon series I couldn't miss as a child.

I really hope this movie gets made. I liked that actors performance in John Carter, all in all it was a great movie that just wasn't promoted the way it deserved.

I always wanted to watch Captain Planet as a Live Action show, let's see what happens. Kids these days need to worry about these kinds of things. Saving endangered species, stopping global warming and respecting one another, instead of struggling to become rich and famous, just because.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, this is going to be a live-action movie?

<_<

Why is it, that when someone adapts an animated show into a movie, they never make it an animated movie?

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: FreckledOne,Jun 29 2013 on  01:45 PM
So, this is going to be a live-action movie?

<_<

Why is it, that when someone adapts an animated show into a movie, they never make it an animated movie?
Well this isn't entirely true. There are some movie adaptations of animated shows that remain animated, not live action. Here's some examples:

The Rugrats Movie
The Wild Thornberrys Movie
The Powerpuff Girls Movie
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
You are right, but those shows were at their peak when their movies were made, weren't they? From what I've seen shows that have just ended or have been ended for a while have live-action adaptations, for some reason.
I'll admit I'm mostly thinking about the Avatar: The Last Airbender movie (though from what I've heard, that movie had bad writing, so making it animated wouldn't have saved it).

Edit: That first sentence I wrote sounds kind of mean, but it was unintentional.  :oops I don't know how to reword it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
If Last Airbender movie was animated, it wouldn't have been made by M. Night, so it might actually have had better writing.

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
What comes next? Hong Kong Phooey - the Movie? He-Man 2 - The Universe is Not Enough?

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah true M.night is a horrible director yet his movies do well in box offices. So who knows this horrible disaster might do well in theaters.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I know the feeling phantom how pathetic are they for doing this. What a waste of money this will be.