The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 66380

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I agree with everyone else here, Littlefoot's expression is particularly well done! This scene is one of my favorites. I especially like how you can see the brushstrokes in the background.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
W.O.W! :smile

You're one of the best artists of this forum without any doubt. I can't believe it never earned you an award  :wow
If only TLBT would be still alive... they'd do good by hireing you :lol

I'm afraid my attendance here has been a bit spotty. Despite my years as a member, I believe was only active to participate in awards once :oops
Plus, I'm happy to say that there are quite a few wonderful artists in this community :smile
Thank you so much! That would be such a fun thing to be a part of, it is a shame it went the way it did <_<

Gorgeous!Your topic has a nice variation of styles,and this is a nice addition to it.The colors you chose works very well with each,and realy gives it a mood.Also,I just love Littlefoots expression.

Thank you! I have to think a lot about the reasoning behind my color schemes, otherwise I end up using too much blue and purple :rolleyes

Wow! This is excellent! I love the colours you used, especially for the sky. Each of the characters look great, too. I love the mood it presents. :D

I wish I had more time to do LBT fanart myself, but I've been so busy with schoolwork, Air Cadets and family, and by the time I do get some spare time, I don't feel motivated enough. It's infuriating. :bang

Anyway, enough about me... I think this is a stunning piece of work and that you should keep this up! You're really talented. :D

Thank you, glad you like it!
Yeah, I know what you mean, it can be really hard to find the energy with a lot of other commitments on the line. Naps and music usually help me when I'm feeling low on motivation :D

I have just looked through your artwork for the first time and I must say that these are absolutely lovely drawings! :D  As Pterano said, you have gotten better and better as you have gone along. :yes  I especially like your most recent addition.  I feel that your combination of colors and expressions truly establish the mood of the scene your are depicting.  Littlefoot's expression in particular is priceless!

Thank you, and welcome to the thread! :p
I'm very thrilled that my color palette comes off as successful, I really try to justify how it enhances the concept before I make any decisions.
Heheh, and I do love drawing annoyed expressions. I feel like that's how I look most of the time :smile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: FreckledOne,Oct 4 2013 on  08:19 PM
I agree with everyone else here, Littlefoot's expression is particularly well done! This scene is one of my favorites. I especially like how you can see the brushstrokes in the background.
Thank you! I always thought the brushstrokes look neat, too :)
ArtRage is a good program for brush textures, even if it can be a little difficult in other areas :smile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, time to blow the dust off of this old thread!
Since I am currently trying to get back into drawing LBT, I would like to make an offer- I will draw one LBT related request for anyone who wants one! Any OCs or characters from the movies/series are fine. Just keep it family friendly, please  :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
May I take this as an invitation to give you a short review of the artwork you posted in RockingScorpion&#39;s contest
RockingScorpion's contest before I ask you about a request? :)

Before I talk about the artistic details, let me just try to explain why this particular artwork has drawn my attention so much. As you may or may not know (probably the latter :lol) I'm writing a fanfiction about Shorty's past (called "Shorty's Dark Past", yes I'm very creative with story titles :p). The scene you drew there could've fitted into my story very well, that's why it caught my attention so much :)
Now about the art: I always loved your art. You have a very unique and recognisable style. You're particularly good at creating backgrounds and your lineart is always spot on :)

Now, here's my request. It is a character from my fanfiction I mentioned above I would like you to draw. I guess I'll need to write a short character sheet for her if you want to draw her :p
Her name is Cho and she is one of those little Longnecks Shorty found on his journey.

if you accept, I'll write more details. Of course, if you have enough time, you could also read my fanfiction. As it is about Shorty's backstory, I thought you, being a Shorty fan, might want to check it out... :)
Inactive, probably forever.

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank you very much for the review! I am glad you like my art, I enjoy trying new things with it as often as possible  :smile

I would be happy to draw draw Cho! You can give me a short description of her here if you'd like, as well as a link to your fanfiction. I'm rather interested in reading it :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Alright, first of all, here's the link to my fanfiction. It's a bit dark here and there (especially around chapter 20) but there are also parts which are meant to be rather funny. I'm not happy with everything about the story (rushing certain parts, goofing off a bit too much here and there etc.) but I really hope you do enjoy my take on Shorty's mysterious backstory. Feel free to tell me what you like about it and what I could do better :)
Besides Shorty, there's also Littlefoot and Ali who play a major role in this story. The more recent chapters are mainly about them but that's going to change soon... It's also far from being finished... knowing you'll read it gives me new energy to keep writing  :yes

Anyway, now some details about Cho (since you're going to read the fic, I won't say too much about her to avoid telling you spoilers ;)):
As I've already mentioned, she's one of those younglings Shorty found and protected until Bron found them.
In terms of size, I thought she's about two-thirds the size of Shorty.
Her skin colour is black (or a dark grey-ish colour). Her underbelly is coloured a bit lighter than the rest of her body as it is common for all longnecks in LBT-style (I guess) but it's still quite dark.
Her eye colour is green.
She doesn't have any special things like scars or things like that.
Cho is very shy and extremely introverted but she gets angry easily if she is bullied by Shorty. She's generally very unsocial and she never had any friends until (spoiler ;)). She has a really good memory though, remembering things from her days as a hatchling even, and talks very articulated. Besides, she has a curious nature.
She's certainly a very strange dinosaur in a way. I always imagined that she has a mild form of autism. This is something I've personally never seen in a LBT fanfiction and, as I developed her character (at first she wasn't even planned, just a random character, but then I gave her more importance and now she ends up being one of the major characters...), I just had to develop her personality and this is the result.

You may draw her in any pose, situation etc. you want. Just enjoy drawing her and take as much time as you need. I'm in no hurry :yes

If you need further information, just ask :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alright, sounds good! Thank you for all of the details. I look forward to reading your fic, and getting some ideas for the drawing  :smile

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I haven't finished reading your fic yet (I am on pg 6 of the topic), but I happened to doodle a pic of Cho at work today. This doesn't count as your request, and I don't think this is what she'll look like in the final drawing, but I wanted to post it anyway! Did you have a specific longneck species in mind for her, by the way?
Your fic got me thinking about a Shorty fic I was writing a long time ago, so the drawings below are of two characters from that story :smile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You're a quick reader :o

That sketch already looks quite good. As for her species, she's an Apatosaurus like Littlefoot and Ali :)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

RockingScorpion

• Spike
    • View Profile
How did I not see this topic before?

Seriously, your drawings are awesome and I'm really digging the art style, especially your way of shading things. :)

This question is coming in somewhat surprising I'd say, but would you be up for a collaboration one of these days? If yes, I'm totally in on that. :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
nice drawing. Very good work indeed.

Thank you very much, Kor! :D

How did I not see this topic before?

Seriously, your drawings are awesome and I'm really digging the art style, especially your way of shading things. :)

This question is coming in somewhat surprising I'd say, but would you be up for a collaboration one of these days? If yes, I'm totally in on that. :)

Thank you! I am very happy that you like the style, I have worked very hard over the years to take an original approach with my artwork :smile
I would love to collaborate with you! Let me know what sort you have in mind, I'm up for most anything :yes

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ducky123, here's the artwork I promised. I wanted to draw Cho interacting with Ali, because I really like the friendship these two have in your fanfic :yes

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Hey, that looks great!  :wow

I really like this kind of shy look on Cho's face and the whole colouring and shading obviously! Great job!  :lol

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Nice work. Even though I'm not familiar with your fan-fic story arc..

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Graet Job with the artwork mate. Great detail to characters and scenery very well done :yes
BTW was that artwork hand drawn/painted?
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Kittybubbles

• Member+
  • Chomper
  • Also known as DesertLily32 on FF.net
    • View Profile
Oh my gosh! The picture of Cho and Ali is amazing! The shading and coloring is wonderful. You got Ali's colors just right.  I love both their expressions, you can totally see their personalities in this picture. Even though I haven't read much of Ducky123's fic, I have dabbled in reading it along with skimming over some of the early post in this form.

Umm...I also saw that you mention that you were having art requests. Is it possible that you could draw one of my characters? (I have drawn my own, but I'm not the best. I can only draw side views and I fail at LBT style. Writing is more my thing).

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, that looks great! :wow

I really like this kind of shy look on Cho's face and the whole colouring and shading obviously! Great job! :lol

Thanks, I'm glad you like it! I had fun drawing it :smile

Nice work. Even though I'm not familiar with your fan-fic story arc..

Thanks! It's from Ducky123's fanfic, 'Shorty's Dark Past' :yes

this art is great
:D

Thank you, Snik :D

Graet Job with the artwork mate. Great detail to characters and scenery very well done :yes
BTW was that artwork hand drawn/painted?

Thank you! It was digitally painted in a program called ArtRage :smile

Oh my gosh! The picture of Cho and Ali is amazing! The shading and coloring is wonderful. You got Ali's colors just right. I love both their expressions, you can totally see their personalities in this picture. Even though I haven't read much of Ducky123's fic, I have dabbled in reading it along with skimming over some of the early post in this form.

Umm...I also saw that you mention that you were having art requests. Is it possible that you could draw one of my characters? (I have drawn my own, but I'm not the best. I can only draw side views and I fail at LBT style. Writing is more my thing)

Thank you for the feedback! I am glad I managed to capture their personalities :D
I would be happy to draw one of your characters :yes Just send me a drawing of them, or just a description if you prefer, and I will get started.