The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The My Little Pony - Friendship is Magic Thread

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
You didn't even look at the site didn't you? So I'm right about the little mermaid god man you need to actually look stuff up before fighting with me about these facts. Like me I look stuff up and realize I'm right on a few things about disney's old work and how they did in fact send subliminal messages in there work.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFBSEibIi8w actually watch the video this time around.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
No. I've done the research before, and it all turned out to be nothing but conspiracy theories and rumors. I'm not going back into that can of worms. I really am not.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
As amused as I am about seeing you two argue about how unrealistic a kids movie about a fairy tale is, can you guys please stop fighting? Your're getting off-topic and it's kind of pointless, if you two were to ask me. Tangled was a great movie, totally unrealistic, like Rapunzel's hair and the tear bringing back Eugene, but there's really no need to argue about it, I'm sorry to say.

Please forgive me if I've offended any of you, for I did not intend to in the slightest.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
You didn't offend me, because you were respectful about it, which is more than I can say about Petrie's conduct.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah you love to keep it going and still start things well keep it up I'm right for a large fight any how. And I was respectful I just nit picked one part and you're complaining and over nothing so I suggest you just stop because if you wanna keep it going than bring it.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ooh, I'm soooo scared.[/sarcasm]

You were unapologetically disrespectful to me twice in a row not long ago, so I owed you payback. You could have just stayed quiet about my review of Equestria Girls as I had for Animeboye and yours'. You brought this down on yourself.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
So, how 'bout them ponies?

I've seen all of the episodes so far, but I wouldn't call it one of my favorite shows ever. (Seriously guys, LBTDiclonius is right; we need to get back on topic. Please? :unsure: )

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Gladly.

I have wonder why it will be December of this year before we see Season 4. There have been some pretty long waits between seasons, but for it to be this long is a new one. My hope is that they're pulling out all the stops to make it grand.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Ah turn about's is fair play in my book. And you're right I shouldn't have said anything about your view on the movie at all. Everyone has there own opinion about stuff like movies and so on. And people including me should respect others reviews about the movie. And I'm sorry that I didn't respect your views on  the movie.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm not sure why the gap between seasons is so big, but I hope they don't just have a snap back "it was all just a dream" thing.
I mean, I don't think that they would do that, but I don't know.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
@ Petrie: Thank you. Please, next time I have something harsh to say about something pony related, please do not take it as me just being hateful. My dislike of Equestria Girls has NOTHING to do with just being different, I assure you. I have accepted several new things the creators have done with the show with open arms. My problem with Equestria Girls is that the flaws were real deal-breakers for me. And, I really think that FIM's film debut should have had them as ponies.

I'm sorry, too. I tend to hold grudges long after sanity depicts I should.

@ FreckledOne: That would be the absolute last straw for me. It took a little getting used to in order to accept Twicorn, but now I'm ready to see how they develop that.

@ campion1: I can see you lurking around the topic. Don't even think about jumping in with one your disruptive comments about how we shouldn't be so into this show.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can only think the delay in the next season may be due to the work on the movie.  I've no idea myself how long it took to do the movie.  

I heard on either the Bronyville Podcast or the Brony Show, not sure which one, that on of the writers or voice actors has said that the movie won't impact season 4.  Makes sense. Hasbro has no idea how well or bad the movie will do so the logical thing to keep MLP:FIM impacted is not to have it involve the movie at all.  I guess none of the movie characters will be mentioned, unless it's in a way unconnected to the movie.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
@Weird Raptor You're Welcome I can see why you sorta didn't like it. When I first saw the movie I was like wow okay it's weird to see them as furry's but it was kinda cool and very different. And yeah I agree with that. I didn't get why they wanted to fall back on to a high school drama about bullies and so on. It was a okay concept. But the ending was like what the heck did they take? They went from humans into satin's minons. That part threw me way off. And the ending was to me lame and dumb. Sorry she wanted friends no she wanted to destroy everything. What a horrible way to show you wanted friends. Other than that kick butt song's and of course DHX Media Animation always good. What are your thoughts?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
On the song and animation? The songs were good. They were done by the same people who do the show's, if I recall correctly. The animation is not what I would have picked for a movie, but it wasn't terrible.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
just a note to you Wr, people have the right to comment on things, or lurk on threads. any disagreements between you and campion should be left to pms, as we prefer threads on here be civil as much as possible. just a headsup
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
DHX Media to me will always be very good animation.. And the pictrue you posted is quite cool and good.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
That is a neat picture, some funny bits here and there that you don't see if you glance at the picture.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Yeah I like how it was drawn and made as well. The colors are very good and amazing.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Okay, so I've seen the movie for the first time today.  I actually enjoyed it quite a bit.  In fact, a part of me likes it to the point where I want to pick apart the reviews of every nay-sayer out there, but the effort is probably more than it's worth.

There wasn't much to hate on it and what I didn't like just felt like nit-picking in the end.

One thing I will say is that the movie does feel rushed in a few areas, but that seems to be what I've come to expect from Hasbro lately.  So it really didn't bother me too much.

Also, the songs are good but not memorable.  I've seen the whole thing and I can't even remember one song that left an impression on me.

It's not a great movie, but I do feel it to be better than what a lot of nay-sayers are putting out.  It is enjoyable and I had a good time watching it.

See ya later! :wave