The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would you like to see put on the big screen?

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
List 'em. The adaptations can be anything you'd like to see: one of a book, a video game, an RPG game, or a Tv show you liked. Go wild (not literally, though :lol: )!
And who'd you like to see making them?
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
A historical movie on the downfall of the Aztec empire. I don't think there has ever been a movie on this highly interesting piece of history.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
For me...it'd be video games. I heard a rumour a few years ago that there was supposed to be a Metal Gear Solid movie being made but that was quickly disproven but Konami (the game company you make the series). I reckon it'll be a great adaptation...Hugh Jackman would make an awesome Solid Snake as long as he could put on the voice.  ;)

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Tough call.....

Perhaps there will be a time and they'll make a film based off of "The Kite Rider", a short fictional book set back in early China. :)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
A GOOD movie adaption of James Gurney's Dinotopia book would be a good idea, but I'm afraid after he consented to the rubbish movie version we got to see we will never see a movie nearly as good as the books or the audio plays.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I guess it'd depend on who he was working with (James Gurney), but yes, he agreed to WAY too much in those adaptations we've seen thus far.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Movies out of video games haven't quite turned out too well earlier, but I hope something like The Legend of Dragoon, the ONLY RPG game I played, is considered being put into film.  Cool effects and awesome storyline (the game anyway).

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Well the Hobbit appears close to being made, peter Jackson has shown interest in directing it after he gets done with KIng Kong.
Nick
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
^ Nice one.

Or how about George Washington? Has there ever been a movie about his live? Or a good movie about the French Revolution?
You see, I'm quite into historical stuff if it comes to movies.
The whole story about William the Conqueror might make another good movie.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
This goes back a few posts since I must've overlooked it last time, but yes, a faithful adaptation of Dinotopia would be worthwhile. :)  The last two things they've tried didn't pan out too well.

While on the topic, there's supposedly some cel-animated Dinotopia film on direct-to-video dealing with ruby sunstones.  I haven't heard anything about it in a long while so maybe it never got completed after all....

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Oh you mean Quest for the Ruby Sunstone?  It's an animated version of Dinotopia for a younger audience.  It's on DVD already and being sold at Amazon.com.

On the terms of movies of historical movies, I want to see something from the Far East, since I heard a few things about a big war in China.  The only movie I have that has something about a war in China was Hero, but I don't know how accurate it is to real history.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
no there has never been a film made about washington... there is a film coming out called Eregon. it is based on a book by a young man named christopher Paolini. The book is similar to LOTR, and I really liked it...
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I heard about that book, but I haven't read it yet.  I hope to soon.

Anyway, remakes and sequels have been pretty much going down the toilet for a while now.  I just hope they try to think of something more original.