The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Littlefoot's real name

Petrie · 40 · 8574

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
There doesn't appear to be a trend for some species of dinosaur to use certain naming systems
I'm sorry, Malte.  I must have worded this badly.
I understand the roots of the names for the various characters, as chosen by the producers.  What I was saying, was that there doesn't seem to be a set pattern for the Adults' decision on whether to give their child a child-like name, or their full adult name, and that this decision came down to the choice of the individual family.

However, thank you for posting up a full comprehensive list of all the major characters and their names' roots. That is certainly a nice addition to the community! B)

Allow me to add some more to the list:
Pat - Derived from the species name, Apatosaurus most likely.
Bron - Derived from the obsolete species name, Brontosaurus

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
His name has to be Ron. It just has to be.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
:lol
I'm not overly concerned about it; as far as the series is concerned, we'll likely never have to worry about the dinosaurs growing up or changing names.  Littlefoot will always be Littlefoot.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
His name has to be Ron. It just has to be.
:huh: And Cera's real name being Hermione?
Well there is probably not an alternative name for Littlefoot I could ever warm up for. I do prefer the LBT names which have some reference to the kind, even though "normal" human names without any such reference whatsoever have been used.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
There's too much money invested in the trademark of Littlefoot to change a name.  :lol:  Even if they pull a "Rugrats All Growed Up" ( :x ) the names didn't change in that either or nobody tried to make a new nickname or anything.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(I recently caught on to another name in the LBT series that was formed from an outside source.  I posted it above, with my other one.)

Bron - Derived from the obsolete species name, Brontosaurus

We should list these all somewhere seperate, for the sake of organization.
As a matter of fact, I'm going to do that right now (I'm going to copy and paste your previous explanations, Malte, for the other characters.) :P:
Check out Sequelitis! :wow

Megatoph

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://s8.invisionfree.com/AvP2000
Ali (and Littlefoot) is an Apatosaurus arboldin. also I agree with you sence the films where aimed at yong'uns I doubt they care what his name is.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I agree wit any and every one who wants the chars must remain wit their original names, 'cause it's not very appropiate of all-of-you-who-want-to-change-characters-names *takes a breather* to hear other names of da chars. News flash, this is outta topic but I will post it anyways; Peach (from da Super Mario videogames) was named Toadstool before da N64 was released. When it happened, they named da princess wit da name of Peach. This name sounds really nicer and easier to remember, but this isn't da point. I think that Toadstool is her surname, so she would be called by her complete name of Princess Peach Toadstool. Anyway, I've made my point about it, and I don't want da names of da LBT chars be changed in a future because i wanna remember dem wit their original names.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Agreed completely, Lain. Littlefoot is Littlefoot. Not negotiable.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
mabie another reason why Littlefoot got his name is because he is little for now and sleeps in foot prints.  :lol:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
There was no stated reason before lbt10, maybe just since he was small.  After 10 it's revealed, or retconed, that he was named after his father who had that name when he was younger.  So if you want to ignore 10's reason, you could make up any reason for Littlefoot's being named that.   :^.^:  :yes

Mornai

• Petrie
    • View Profile
While watching LBT 10, all i heard Bron say was: "Littlefoot was my nickname when i younger (or little?) too." Maybe they named him because he was little or something, but LBT 10 doesn't say whether that's the reason they gave him that name or not.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
who knows, maybe Bron was named after his dad who was called that when he was young, who was named after his dad, ect, ect.

stars

• Spike
    • View Profile
when i said  this it was sourt of a joke and a funny idea i had but i do know that the reason why littlefoot got his name is after his dad in part 10 but thank you for reminding me on this. :^.^:  :yes i guess i should have said that i was joking next time i will . :^.^:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
To all LBT fans, Littlefoot will always be Littlefoot.  Changing his name would perhaps cause upheaval in our memories and fondness of him.  I doubt that's his nickname :p.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
I always thought that Littlefoot was his real name since birth. But now I wonder about what happens when he grows into an adult...will he still be Littlefoot?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
He may be, or he may choose another name.  We'll likely never know.  It'll be left up instead to debate, fanfiction and the like.

Bruton the Iguanodon

The movie itselfs doesn't tell anything about the origin of the name, yet there is one LBT book printed in Germany which gives a little story about how Littlefoot got his name.
According to that book Littlefoot's grandfather placed his huge foot beside Littlefoot's tiny foot right after Littlefoot hatched and said: "Look how small his feet are! One of my toes is bigger than one of his feet!"
So Littlefoot's mother decided to call her son Littlefoot.

Did whoever write this movie watch 11? I mean, yeah, he's just hatched so his feet would be small...I guess Mama Longneck hoped her son would stay little and cute forever if she named him that  :lol

By the way, what other scenes are in the book that aren't in the movie? I noticed Grandpa gets a speaking part in that scene, which he didn't in the movie even though Bill Erwin is credited as voicing him