The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spaceballs

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Quite possibly the best Star Wars parody in existence?  I think so.  :lol   But some of you serious people may think of it as stupid and pointless.  Well here's the news for you IT'S NOT SUPPOSED TO MAKE SENSE AT ALL!  That's the whole point of it!  Now that I have that out of the way I'll just say my favorite quote in that movie is when Dark Helmet says "I knew it, I'm surrounded by assholes!"  That gets me every time.   :lol  And I just can't get enough of when Space Ball 1 goes to Ludicrous speed and when it comes to a complete stop, Helmet flies forward and slams into the computer terminal. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It is a very funny movie with many hilarious lines :lol , including the ending.    :lol

The Friendly Sharptooth

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I love Space Balls! It's too bad they never Space Balls 2: The Search for More Money like the great Yogurt had hinted about. I have watched it around ten times and it never gets old. Here are all the parts that I can remember that make me laugh the most in no particular order of the film:

Lord Helmer gives a longwinded speech about capturing Princess Vespa and when he finishes only to find that he didn't get her, all the guards that were present there put their hands in a very funny position.

When King Roland gives his ridiculous air shield password of 1 2 3 4 5 and Lord Helmet says how that's the kind of password an idiot would put on his luggage, the President walks in, and after hearing what the password is, says, "That's  the password I put on my luggage!"
Space Ball 1 goes to Ludicrous speed and when it comes to a complete stop, Helmet flies forward and slams into the computer terminal.
Yeah, I love that part too. Thanks for saving me the trouble of having to writing it out.

Just hearing the Prince's name who was to wed Princess Vespa, Valium. Prince Valium is always either sleeping or yawning while he's awake, but his name makes that even funnier since "Valium" is a drug to help you sleep.

Then we have the time when Lord Helmet didn't know where Lone Star and Vespa were, so Colonel Sanders (who was even called a chicken as a pun) decides to play the movie Space Balls that the audience is currently watching. Dark Helmet says how that's impossible because the Space Balls movie was currently being made, but Colonel Sanders informs him of a new technology to watch videos before they're finished so he actually finds it, puts it in a VCR, fast forwards through it, and then they find Lone Star's landing point.

Now I can go on and on about the humorous parts I remember like I had originally planned, but I didn't plan on remembering so many of them since I haven't seen this movie in nearly a year, so I'll leave it at this since I think I got my points across. Yeah, this is an extremely funny movie that makes me laugh every time I put it in.
Quite possibly the best Star Wars parody in existence?
Well, while it is the best one that I've seen so far, an old aquaintance of mine said it is second only to a movie called Thumb Wars, which I haven't seen any of yet, so I don't have a complete opinion on this matter yet. Well, it's great to know that you love this film too. Later!

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Sorry.  I guess I'm a "serious people".  I found the movie quite stupid.  It wasn't my kind of thing. :p

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Many funny scenes.  A funny short done as a trailer that I find also funny that is a star wars parody is Hardware Wars.  

I do wonder what a Spaceballs 2 would be like.  Maybe the same sorts of jokes, maybe new ones.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The "asshole" skit is the best piece.  That made perfect sense actually. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Is that the one that I think was redubbed for the tv version where he says something like, "I surrounded by Idiots." In the tv version? Very Funny.    The movie has many many very funny scenes.   :lol

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Quote from: Kor,Jan 28 2009 on  05:51 PM
Is that the one that I think was redubbed for the tv version where he says something like, "I surrounded by Idiots." In the tv version? Very Funny.    The movie has many many very funny scenes.   :lol
Yeah, that's the line and sequence.  Censors ruined the joke by putting "idiots" in its place.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Yes, they certainly did.  I prefer the original version.

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
This film truly is hilarious. Very, very, very few films have made me laugh as hard as this.

It spoofs many SF films. I can name only 4 that it spoofs off the top of my head Alien, Star Wars, Star Trek, Planet of the Apes.

The sad part is that there are no sequels.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Spaceballs. Ah, God, just thinking about it is funny. The whole movie is just great, and for some reason I always watch it every couple of months. My favorite thing in it, other than Dark Helmet, has got to be Pizza the Hutt! Oh my God, that was freakin' gold! XD

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
If they had had a sequel would it be seen as funny, or just rehashing the same jokes over again?  That is an important question.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I'd love to see a Spaceballs sequel. obviously John Candy can't be in it, since he's dead. But THe whole movie is just hilarious.. I've actually never seen the whole film, but the bts and pieces I have seen rival monty Prython for sheer hilarity..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I think you'd like it.   If you've liked others that Mel Brooks has made you'd likely like this one I think.