The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sending Letter to UniversalStudios for 14th movie!

LBT14! · 71 · 8856

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Here is the first half of the letter:
Dear Universal Animation Studios,
You've created many classic series adored by people all over the globe. To be short and to the point, I and much of the rest of the world would be very excited to see a resurgence of the "Land Before Time" movie series, and we encourage you to do so! The "Land Before Time" is a wonderful series beloved by children and adults alike! The all-age movies teach essential lessons to kids. They are needed in this culture that has turned to inappropriate entertainment, sending today's "young ones" the wrong messages. I and others sincerely hope that you will consider and converse on the idea of adding one or more films onto the "Land Before Time" series.

In the rest of the petition I will give suggestions on what the new movie should be like. I will post that when I am finished. This part has been edited and revised by several people. Still, any suggestions, questions, or comments?

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It looks and sounds professional. Well done on the job. You’ve put down it should be for all ages which is good because we went everyone to enjoy the movie. (Kids to the hard-core fans) I can’t see anything that I could add or really improve on. So you’ve got the thumbs up from me. Well done on the job so far.  :DD

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Thanks again Mr. Wonk!
 :D
Any opinions from anyone else? All are welcome...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
In the rest of the petition I will give suggestions on what the new movie should be like.
You may want to be careful though about not making it sound too prescriptive. Actually I'm not sure if clearer reference to the contents of a future LBT movie should be made at all. It might also keep people from signing the petition if their ideas of what a future movie ought to be like would not correspond with yours.
I'm also not a 100% certain about two formulations in the text. The formulation "I and much of the rest of the world would be very excited to see a resurgence of the "Land Before Time" movie series" may be taken up as exaggerated thus harming the credence given to the letter. Perhaps something along the lines of "there is a very large and active fandom for the land before time" or "there is a very high number of land before time fans" might sound a bit more objective to them.
The other line which might cause unwanted reactions is "They are needed in this culture that has turned to inappropriate entertainment, sending today's "young ones" the wrong messages." It might be better to keep a somewhat generalizing criticism of the media (part of which is done by Universals) out of this letter.
Harsh as it may sound, but those in a position to determine whether or not there would be further land before time movies are more likely to be interested in whether or not there is a market for the movies rather than in teaching messages to the kid (that more likely than not would be the concern of those actually making the movie rather than those who are in the position to decide whether or not the production of a movie will be funded or not).

trulyfantasticme

• Petra (He/They)
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • Very Important Rock
    • View Profile
Very professional, Mr. Wonk. XD

I can't really think of anything else to say... :lol
Petra is a variant of the Greek name "Petros" meaning "strong" or "rock." Andi is a variant of the Greek name "Andy" meaning "masculine" or "brave." Therefore, I am tremendously brave and strong! :lol

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
For the letter itself, you should really consider Malte's suggestions.

Also, are you promoting the letter elsewhere? Do people show interest?

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Yes, I too thought that the "world" sentence was over stretching a bit. For the second half, I'm not giving them descriptive suggestions, just things like " Maybe you could incorporate Ally the long neck from the 4th movie, who was supposed 2 be seen again but never was." Stuff along those lines.
Yes, I have advertised this elsewhere, some websites and fan clubs similar to this. But I have received the most support from the community I live in. Multiple video store managers are signing and places like the libraries...

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe you could incorporate Ally the long neck from the 4th movie, who was supposed 2 be seen again but never was." Stuff along those lines.
Those who make the decisions about money may not even know who Ali is. Moreover it might be misread as a kind of reproachful along the lines of "you promised but didn't deliver" when in fact Ali did return in the TV series (even though her return didn't impress many viewers here). Just suggesting, but I suppose it would be better not to refer to the content of the movies at all.

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Ok Mr. Wonk. Thanks. Sorry that I've been not posting for so long. Busy at work. Should I even make a second half to that letter or send it how it is?

LBT14!

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Malte279: I did know that she appeared in the TV series, but barely anyone saw that series or enjoyed it. It was a very lame return. I'm considering not making a second half to the letter because of suggestions not being needed for a new movie. Should I send it how it is in your opinion?

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Welcome back! I hope everything going well. Anyway what would be said in the second half of the letter?

LBTComeback

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Maybe Tell Them To Find A Another Voice Actor For Whisper A.K.A Mr. Longneck, Since His Old One Passed Away. (If He's In It)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I seriously don't think that any personal input on the content or the cast or anything would be a good idea in a petition. It could put of both, the receivers of the petition ("Are they telling us how to do our jobt?!") as well as potential signers ("I'd like to see another LBT movie, but I don't like the specifications they are giving in this petition.")

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 1 2012 on  05:33 PM
I seriously don't think that any personal input on the content or the cast or anything would be a good idea in a petition. It could put of both, the receivers of the petition ("Are they telling us how to do our jobt?!") as well as potential signers ("I'd like to see another LBT movie, but I don't like the specifications they are giving in this petition.")
I can concur with that.

However, perhaps you can also ask not just 'when is the next movie coming out' bust also 'how would you see this coming to be'

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
It's best to let them deal with the cast because there always have done. Like Malte279 said. But too bad about Kenneth Mars know.  :cry

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Bill Erwin, who voiced his chuckle in the original movie, is still alive.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Mr Wonk

• Petrie
    • View Profile
No. His dead.  :cry

He had passed away from natural causes at age 96 in December 29, 2010.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Natural causes, huh? No wonder I missed that death.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

PresidentDixon

• Ruby
    • View Profile
    • http://theovoneyanclub.weebly.com
How about thunderblades ideas on story plots, he can make it better can he,(thats he he gets the job by universial studios) for this including my heart lays on LandBeforeTime i grew up with it, it is my destainy to help this succeed, Make it 14, for it shall be done. :exactly