The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Scream 4 is confirmed!

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scream_4

Albeit it's been confirmed for about a month or so now, I just wanted to post this because I'm a major Scream trilogy fan, and I'm excited to see how this movie will play out. I love whodunit slasher movies, and the Scream series had good mysteries.

So now one of my favorite slasher series is getting another sequel, not a remake, after a little over a decade, and I'm all for it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Leave it to Hollywood not to learn to leave a good thing alone.

I love Scream too but come on! Scream 3 concluded the series perfectly. Sidney was able to destroy Ghostface and put the past behind her and move on. This was her story and her story wrapped up nicely.

This sequel is going to have to be pretty darn impressive because right now it sounds to me like nothing more than a cash-in to a highly successful horror franchise.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I can see your point Animeboye, but it seems like they're making it seem that 4 is not focused on Sidney, Dewey, and Gale, so 3 probably did wrap up their story.

I won't deny that money-making is probably one of the motivations for the making of this film, but still...I can't help but get excited when I learned that a sequel's been confirmed.

And also I clicked the link on what city the film's being filmed in, so I wonder if the majority of the movie (and most of the kills) will be set in the middle of the city.

I will admit, I'd hate it if the film tries to just retell the original film with the new characters.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
What?! Scream 4?! Cool! :D

I'm really looking forward for this movie! I've only watched Scream 1 and 2 so far.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Never aw any of the first 3. but my prediction for part 4 is that it will not be very good..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
From the looks of it the original three characters are still part of the focus, so I doubt this is going to retell the story of any of the previous three movies. I've never seen any of the movies, but I hear great things about them always. Hopefully this franchise does not get butchered by a crappy sequel.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I hope this isn't crappy either. And by my comment on focus, I meant that Sidney, Dewey, and Gale wouldn't be the main focus of the film. It sounds like the new character Jill is the main character.

And by retell, I meant have the same plot as the original just with different characters.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
I vote for Cindy having finally gone insane and developed a split personality based on Billy from the first movie which goes around committing the murders.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 2 2010 on  04:19 AM
I vote for Cindy having finally gone insane and developed a split personality based on Billy from the first movie which goes around committing the murders.
What if Cidney became Ghostface? It starts out with the new characters, and they start to get killed off. The other two original characters appear and they inform the newbies that they have experience with Ghostface, but Cidney is also missing. Eventually it turns out that Cidney became Ghostface after some period of insanity like you suggested. That would make for a pretty interesting twist.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Cidney is who I meant. Got the name wrong. And heck, in scenes with Cid we can even have Skeet Ulrich appear but as "Billy" but ultimately it turns out just to be her.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Jasper

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://thekingofdistruction.deviantart.com
At least some of the old cast is returning. That's the good part. Plus it's being directed by Wes Craven who made the Scream trilogy. I'll be hoping for the best.

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Jun 3 2010 on  06:42 PM
Cidney is who I meant. Got the name wrong. And heck, in scenes with Cid we can even have Skeet Ulrich appear but as "Billy" but ultimately it turns out just to be her.
Just for clarification, it's spelled Sidney.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
Whatever, the point is you get who I'm talking about.