The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

DarkWolf's Fanart Thread

DarkWolf91 · 427 · 63199

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a wonderful drawing.  :) Both the bright coloration of the scene and the expressions of the characters sets the tone for this drawing.  From Spike's satisfied restiveness, Ducky's interest at something above, and Littlefoot and Cera's glazed expressions of comfort in the warm sun, it all gives the impression of the gang enjoying one another's company after a lazy spring day.  Nicely done!

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't have time for a more in-depth comment so I'll just say: This is really really well done :smile
Inactive, probably forever.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Ah very nice! Their expressions are all great and Spike, Littlefoot, and Cera look suitably relaxed. Ducky looks like she's spotted a Sky Puffy shape. Petrie just seems generally excited, maybe he's getting ready to do some flying?

The clouds are also looking good! Clouds have been something I've avoided so far as I have no idea how I would get them to look good with coloured pencils. :p

Great job!  :)littlefoot

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Thanks so much, guys! I really enjoyed drawing the gang again, it's been too long!
And Flathead, I know what you mean- clouds are reeeally tricky with colored pencils. I have an easier time with them when using watercolors and other paints, as well as markers (though markers are tricky for other reasons).

Next up is another commission for Rhombus, a hypothetical Mender with feathers! Nightmare or alternate universe? No one knows :p

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Excellent as always, Darkwolf!  :DD You know... "Mender's Feathered Nightmare" would be an awesome name for a story.  :idea

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Stone of the cold fire! Stop messing with universes and characters! :/
lol. It's awesome, as always!

6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Wonderful drawings as always.
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
This seems to be the other half of Mender's personality, one that would make even Wrok shudder. :lol Anyway, it's a great drawing and the things I like most are her expression and the great use of colors, as usual. Amazing job! ^^spike

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Aaaaand here's my fanart prompt entry! All of the characters in the LBT RP so far! The ones who haven't technically made their entrances yet I drew small... but mostly because I ran out of room :p

This was done in a huge rush, so some characters definitely look worse than others... especially Slash, sorry about him :lol

Also, no one really mentioned eye color in their descriptions so I just used whatever colors looked good. If anybody wants me to use different eye colors in the future, just let me know :smile

« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 08:03:40 PM by DarkWolf91 »

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Holy treestars, it looks osom!!!

heh, is that my black lost-somewhere-in-the-land-before-time sharpbeek, flying above Slash? :D His blue-light-grey lines on wings and neck makes him too bright, as I think, but I like his small appearance, thank you!

poor blue ovi, he's so... colourful. XD

did you rush because of some fanart prompt or something? ;) Well, it didn't hurt final picture, as I see, it is still awesome!
« Last Edit: June 26, 2018, 02:42:30 PM by Sneak »
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that certainly is a happy lot! :lol: As always, the atmosphere is extremely nice in this picture and I mostly approve about how you portrayed the characters! Rinen looks pretty much as intended and his distrust of the others certainly shows in this picture. The way he looks is quite consistent with my descriptions even if it was still a surprise (due to my own vision) to see how you see the threehorn. In any case, your version is a very decent one! :) As for the others, I really like Slash's imposing (if familiar :p) pose as well as Buko and Lizzie's expressions which look very sincere. The scene itself is quite generic but that is understandable as these characters haven't ever appeared together just yet. In any case, it's good great to take a visual look at this group for the very first time! Great job as always! :)littlefoot

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
you mean the fanart prompt? :lol

And now I totally need to draw Lizzie myself... great job as always! :D

For some reason I really love how you drew Sovereign's character, looking a lot more sturdy than Cera. Well, guess because he's a guy?

Anyway, that's amazing :D
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This artwork is absolutely amazing!  :wow I think you have captured everyone quite well, from Rinen's distrust, Wyoh's sincerity, and Buko's... purple-ness I think that you have captured everyone quite well from what we know in the RP.  Also, considering he's my character, I love how utterly out of place Buko looks. :stuck_out_tongue: I can only imagine our threehorn friend is not pleased to having the equivalent of a giant bright neon sign saying "Eat Me" walking with the gang. :grin:  With the style and placement of the characters being reminiscent of the posters for the first film, I can only hope that our future entries to the RP will do the concept justice. I quite like where the RP has gone thus far.  :)littlefoot

The Lone Dragon

• Member+
  • Spike
  • Release The Dragon!
    • View Profile
Wow, I knew you were going to do a height chart but I didn't expect something like this. This is amazing mate! :exactly I must say that it is very well done considering the time restraint and speed you had to move at to get this done but it is doesn't distract. The background like seems to be the perfect picture. Rather much like the original cover of the land before time just with different characters and speaking of characters I must say they are all very impressive with a few differences here and there and in some cases different to how I envisioned them but I still think it is good the way it is. The atmosphere I must say is just right with everyone seeming like they have some burden on there shoulders as they journey together.

I am also very impressed with what you've done with Aquarius he is almost exactly like I imagined him and his expression is perfect considering what he has done through. I wish to have seen a bit more detail in his eyes but that is minor. I think you have captured Aquarius image almost perfectly :Mo. I also like how you included Orsur in the background (or at least I think it's him) and Slash looks pretty fierce which seems rather fitting.

Overall this piece was simply brilliant! :)littlefoot   
What's the point in being mad if you don't do mad things now and again?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't really followed the RP much at all but this is a really cool. Why do only 1 OC when you can do all of the OCs :lol

Looking great as always  :)littlefoot

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks everyone! I'm glad to see that so many recognized the homage to the cover of the original film... I thought it was appropriate, heheh :smile Also if there's anything you'd like to see drawn differently about your character in the future, feel free to let me know through here or personal messages :yes

Holy treestars, it looks osom!!!

heh, is that my black lost-somewhere-in-the-land-before-time sharpbeek, flying above Slash? :D His blue-light-grey lines on wings and neck makes him too bright, as I think, but I like his small appearance, thank you!

Thanks!  I'll remember that for future drawings!

Well, that certainly is a happy lot! :lol: As always, the atmosphere is extremely nice in this picture and I mostly approve about how you portrayed the characters! Rinen looks pretty much as intended and his distrust of the others certainly shows in this picture. The way he looks is quite consistent with my descriptions even if it was still a surprise (due to my own vision) to see how you see the threehorn.

Thank you! Feel free to let me know if there's anything about him you'd like me to draw differently in the future :smile

you mean the fanart prompt? :lol

And now I totally need to draw Lizzie myself... great job as always! :D

For some reason I really love how you drew Sovereign's character, looking a lot more sturdy than Cera. Well, guess because he's a guy?

Anyway, that's amazing :D

Whoops! I guess I had the fanfic prompt on the brain :lol Fixed!
And thanks :D

This artwork is absolutely amazing!  :wow I think you have captured everyone quite well, from Rinen's distrust, Wyoh's sincerity, and Buko's... purple-ness I think that you have captured everyone quite well from what we know in the RP.  Also, considering he's my character, I love how utterly out of place Buko looks. :stuck_out_tongue: I can only imagine our threehorn friend is not pleased to having the equivalent of a giant bright neon sign saying "Eat Me" walking with the gang.

Thank you! I knew Buko was bright, but I was surprised to see just HOW bright when compared to the other characters. He even stands out in the image thumbnail :lol

Wow, I knew you were going to do a height chart but I didn't expect something like this. This is amazing mate! :exactly I must say that it is very well done considering the time restraint and speed you had to move at to get this done but it is doesn't distract. The background like seems to be the perfect picture. Rather much like the original cover of the land before time just with different characters and speaking of characters I must say they are all very impressive with a few differences here and there and in some cases different to how I envisioned them but I still think it is good the way it is. The atmosphere I must say is just right with everyone seeming like they have some burden on there shoulders as they journey together.

I am also very impressed with what you've done with Aquarius he is almost exactly like I imagined him and his expression is perfect considering what he has done through. I wish to have seen a bit more detail in his eyes but that is minor. I think you have captured Aquarius image almost perfectly :Mo. I also like how you included Orsur in the background (or at least I think it's him) and Slash looks pretty fierce which seems rather fitting.

Thank you! This is not exactly the height chart, but I guess it just about functions as one for most of the characters :lol I'll be making a simpler image for the height chart that allows for new characters to ba added more easily.

I'm glad you like Aquarius! Unfortunately it was hard to get the detail in with the small scale, but hopefully I'll end up drawing a bigger picture of him in the future :smile And yep, that's Orsur! I also added Leafie, though the person who made that character seems to have disappeared.

I haven't really followed the RP much at all but this is a really cool. Why do only 1 OC when you can do all of the OCs :lol

Looking great as always  :)littlefoot

Thank you! It was definitely rough to finish it in time. Maybe something simpler for the next prompt, haha :oops

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Here's the latest completed commission for Rhombus, Breeze from The Seven Hunters!
(Tried it as an attachment this time, hopefully it works ^^ )

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A great drawing as always and it's cool to see Breeze drawn for the first time. :)littlefoot The perspective is a nice one and I like her expression quite a bit. The colors in her eyes look especially well done. However, I get the feeling that her neck is a bit too thick (or her head too small?) and the background isn't as detailed as in some others of your drawings but those issues aren't that serious. All in all, awesome work as usual. :^^spike

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd say this goes along quite nicely with your Seeker drawing you did earlier as they both seem to fit their names quite well, in my opinion. In this case it's the grass blowing in the wind. I agree with Sovereign as well that her neck seems a little thick?

Great job though! :DD

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Thank you again, DarkWolf, for the wonderful drawing!  :wow The others are commenting on her neck perhaps being a bit thick, but I look at it this way: she is mated to Spike in my story, so perhaps she has taken to eating Spike-sized portions of food?  :^^spike Joke aside, I love how you have incorporated motifs into many of these drawings hinting at the personalities or struggles of these characters, from Seeker seeking his meaning in a world forever changed, to Breeze running as fast as the breeze as indicated by the waving grass, to Taunt appearing to visibly Taunt the viewer in his picture.  Little details like that add so much to the final result.

Thanks again, and I look forward to your future offerings.  :)