The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Songs you liked as a kid but not anymore

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
In this topic you can tells us and list the songs from the squeals you liked as a kid, but not anymore in adulthood.
For me the songs that I enjoyed as a kid but now make me think "I can't believe I liked this as a kid." are.

Standing tough by Cera's dad in the 3rd film.
When your big By Hype, Nod and Mutt also from the 3rd film.
Lone dinosaur, yes I deeply regret it now, but I actually sort of liked a song from my least favourite LBT film as a kid.
And the imaginary friend song from the 9th film.  

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I was a child I didn't pay much attention to the songs :lol I don't think I hated any of them...
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
The only films that I watched as a child were the original and the second film, as I was born in 1983.  For that reason, and for the fact that I was always rather ambivalent toward most of the songs in the sequels, I can't think of a song that I initially liked but subsequently grew to dislike.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
I've actually learned to like certain songs MORE as an adult than a kid lol. Can't really say there are any I dislike somewhat more than before.. hmm...

No, only can think of songs I've grown to like more than I did xD

SkyColor-TreeSweets

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I can't think of a LBT song that I hate right now. One that I like less though, is You're One of Us Now from LBT 2. Something I hadn't noticed as a kid was how the characters in this song sometimes talked and sometimes sang, and that is just not something I like much as an adult. The worst sounding lines have to be the first line where Littlefoot says "As an egg you were a beauty but now you're a real cutie" and then sings "and we've brought you to our valley somehow", and the line in the middle where he speaks "Don't forget. He's just a baby." and then sings "You don't want to frighten hiiiiiim. Just a baby you don't want to frighten hiiiim." This half singing/ half talking style just really irks me.

Anyways, I still do like this song a lot in spite of it sometimes bothering me so it doesn't matter that much if I like it less now than when I was a kid.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Can't say I hate any of the songs - i don't even strongly dislike any of them. They're all catchy and bouncy tunes and more often then not they're pretty funny and/or heartwarming.
Just now I got the Boring Song stuck in my head - now there's a tune I'd hum on any given day, not necessarily if I'm feeling bored, but just because it's hilarious :lol
And the song Always There made me feel all warm and safe inside - even as a child.
Eggs still makes me chuckle and thdere's nothing more I want to do than jump up on a rock and pull an Ozzy-type pose when he he hits that extended note^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ludichris1

• Spike
    • View Profile
Yeah great songs :).

The Boring Song is also known as Chanson D'Ennui  :lol

EggStealerGirl

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://rosethethief.deviantart.com/
Quote from: Dalekdino,Mar 7 2014 on  09:56 AM
When your big By Hype, Nod and Mutt also from the 3rd film.
I can definitely agree with you on that one.

We just tend to perceive things differently as adults.

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
There are a few songs from this series I used to like as a kid:

On Your Own: from The Land Before Time 6: It's not a bad song, but I don't really like it.

Lone Dinosaur: also from Land Before Time 6: I like the country western thing, but, it's not true to the Land Before Time series in my opinion.

You're One Of Us Now: from The Land Before Time 2: The half-singing half-talking during that song got annoying for me after a while.

It Takes All Sorts: from The Land Before Time 4: I can't believe I liked this as a kid. The voice actor for Ali didn't have the best singing voice in my opinion. Darn song is stuck in my head as I'm typing my reply to this topic. Argh!

Grandma's Lullaby: also from The Land Before Time 4: This song wasn't my favorite but I didn't hate it. the voice actor for  Littlefoot's grandma didn't have the best singing voice in my opinion. Plus that song gets stuck in my head for weeks after watching the movie.

Friends For Dinner: from The Land Before Time 5: I kinda still like this song; it's just that the voice actor for Chomper has one of the worst singing voices in my opinion. Fingernails meet chalkboard, chalkboard meet fingernails. Plus he sounded like he had a cold.

Imaginary Friends: from The Land Before Time 9: Yeah! In my opinion, Petrie's voice sounds like fingernails meet chalkboard, chalkboard meet fingernails in my opinion.

Me And My Dad: from The Land Before Time 10: The voice actor for Littlefoot in this song has too high of a singing voice in my opinion.

:)

Bruton the Iguanodon

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The first 2 songs in LBT 5, definitely...probably more.