The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

No more LBT merchandise in Universal Studios

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I'm in Universal Studios right now.I searched everywhere including those collectable pins and keychains, and theres no more LBT merchandise.  like it never existed .  :cry Spongebob looks like it took over . I dont know if you guys knew already but I just had to tell.

We should do something

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
well the shut down the lbt studios awhile ago, so it looks like we may not be getting any new lbt stuff..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nick22,Aug 12 2009 on  12:40 AM
well the shut down the lbt studios awhile ago, so it looks like we may not be getting any new lbt stuff..
wow thats sucks  <_<

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://youtube.com/BigDealStudios
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Aug 12 2009 on  12:55 AM
wow thats sucks  <_<
ddid you see the other LBT related stuff?

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: thebigdeal,Aug 12 2009 on  01:27 AM
Quote from: Littlefoot3897,Aug 12 2009 on  12:55 AM
wow thats sucks  <_<
ddid you see the other LBT related stuff?
just saw some posters .  <_<
When I came here I notice Universal Studios has turn more into Simpsons and Spongebob world  :x  
well I like simpsons but its too much it burns. and Spongebob isnt really Universal its Nickeldeon! why fill the park with that annoying guy.  <_<

raichu

• Ruby
    • View Profile
man that so not cool  we not getting season 2 maybe its for 4 years old told ya

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
Personally, I love Spongebob; I don't regard him as annoying, I think he's hilarious. He's one of my favorite characters. He's also one of the most popular cartoons, very successful. So he makes the most obvious choice, along with Simpsons, for Universal Studios to focus on. It's all about the money. They need money to continue making their stuff, so they focus on something that will make them a lot of money. And seeing how popular Spongebob and Simpsons are, they make the most likely ones to pick. And selling merchandise is a major way Universal brings in money, so it makes more logical sense to pick something more successful than something that isn't.

And anyway, from what I recall, I'm pretty sure Nickelodeon is, in a way, affiliated with Universal Studios. During the ends of some programming (live action ones) I do recall them always saying "Universal Studios"..in Florida I believe. This is probably why Spongebob is showing up in Universal Studios. However, it doesn't really explain The Simpsons, since that's Fox, isn't it? Perhaps Univeral Studios bought it or something. I dunno.

And anyway, what could we do? Say that we don't like Spongebob and that we want LBT back? Sorry, it's not going to work; as I stated before, Universal, like other major companies, are going to want to focus on something that is very successful, in stores and TV and such, and Spongebob is one such popular show. LBT, on the other hand, is apparently not making enough money for them to continue focusing on it.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
God, Spongebob taking over LBT?  I hate it worse now then I did before, if that's even possible.  Can't stand that show and it's on like CONSTANTLY.  It might as well have it's own channel with how much it's on.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Personally, I'm not surprised Spongebob took over. It's an exteremly popular show, and it makes more sense to focus on Spongebob than Land Before Time, which hasn't been bringing in enough money apparently.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Aug 12 2009 on  08:35 AM
God, Spongebob taking over LBT?  I hate it worse now then I did before, if that's even possible.  Can't stand that show and it's on like CONSTANTLY.  It might as well have it's own channel with how much it's on.
actually that's like HALF of Nickelodeon with iCarly being the other half
those 2 are the only ones that are on nowadays

Actually landbeforetimelover, there used to be A LOT MORE Spongebob back from 2003-2008? because there a Nickelodeon Blast Zone and I've been there before

However i have no problem with Spongebob or Simpsons at Universal Studios since I'm a big fan of Simpsons

and I know other theme parks that have third-party characters

Disneyland has Star Wars and Indiana Jones
LegoLand has Bob the Builder and XBOX 360
Knott's Berry Farm has the Peanuts characters
Six Flags has Warner Bros. cartoons and the DC superheroes

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile

Yes, very true.  Universal also has Dreamworks' Madagascar characters I think, as well as Shrek and Scooby Doo franchises.  Needless to say, LBT likely cannot stack up to things that were created in the last few years and have been on the bleeding edge of popularity (the Madagascar penguins who I believe have their own show).  LBT and the concept is an old(er) franchise, and they can only do so much in a box (no modern references, no humans, etc.).  I'm not surprised you can't find any old Universal shows.  I know a friend who went down there a couple of years ago and couldn't find an Fievel stuff from American Tail.  Its not in, and it doesn't make business sense to have it take shelf space when other franchises will likely sell the goods.

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Aug 12 2009 on  11:59 AM

Yes, very true.  Universal also has Dreamworks' Madagascar characters I think, as well as Shrek and Scooby Doo franchises.  Needless to say, LBT likely cannot stack up to things that were created in the last few years and have been on the bleeding edge of popularity (the Madagascar penguins who I believe have their own show).  LBT and the concept is an old(er) franchise, and they can only do so much in a box (no modern references, no humans, etc.).  I'm not surprised you can't find any old Universal shows.  I know a friend who went down there a couple of years ago and couldn't find an Fievel stuff from American Tail.  Its not in, and it doesn't make business sense to have it take shelf space when other franchises will likely sell the goods.
good point universal also has Shrek

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: thebigdeal,Aug 12 2009 on  10:58 AM

Busch Gardens has Sesame Street for the kiddies now, and Paramount's King's Dominion has SpongeBob, Dora the Explorer, and Scooby Doo.  

I personally like SpongeBob, but I don't like how Universal brought in SpongeBob, which belongs to another company, and is now further capitalizing itself by using SpongeBob merchandise :crazy.  If the ringleaders at Universal were smart, they would use a little somethin' called "creativity" and come up with their own merchandise related to their own products.  I dunno, but when I see another thread about LBT going under, this emoticon says it all:  :boohoo.

:add

thebigdeal

• Spike
    • View Profile
they shut it down??? :oops

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: thebigdeal,Aug 12 2009 on  08:13 PM
they shut it down??? :oops
Yup, they did last year as far as we know. Look at this topic: http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...topic=3791.0

Grungecat

• Chomper
    • View Profile
It's a real shame...such a good series and such deep characters being traded in for a shameless, brainless sponge with no real personality or principles...just a brightly colored fool with a funny voice reciting repetitive jokes. All we can do now is hope that LBT is missed by many and makes a comeback. :(

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
Quote from: Mumbling,Aug 12 2009 on  01:17 PM
they shut it down???

(sound of scratching plate while i look dramatic)

Littlefoot3897

• Spike
    • View Profile
I do like the Simpsons Im a fan  :)  but Spongebob took over everything  <_<

In the Nickeldeon store the only character merchandise there was Spongebob pillows, plushes, snowglobes, etc  and a 3 Jimmy Neutron pins

in the Characterversal store they the half of the whole store was a Spongebob merchandise section with Build your own Spongebob. (like a build a Mr Potato but with Spongebob)  and the other was one small section of Betty Boop ,Shrek, Scooby Doo, Simpsons, and Spiderman. But it was mostly Universal shirts.

when you look at the Universal pins, most of them are Spongebob
all the keychains were mostly Spongebob.

Its like Spongebob is the mascot of Universal replacing woody woodpecker

poor Woody only had a couple of merchandise now. While he been the mascot for 20 years.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'm not surprised, considering Spongebob's popularity. Though I never considered Woody Woodpecker the mascot of Universal. I never really believed it had any kind of mascot.