The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What different purchases have you made recently?

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Well I'll probably watch the rest of the series fairly soon, so we can always compare notes then.  :)littlefoot

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually have that exact same set! Bought it off Amazon as well haha. Hope you enjoy rewatching/watching for the first time for all the sequels!

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile
Well I'll probably watch the rest of the series fairly soon, so we can always compare notes then.

That sounds good!  :yes  It would probably be a good idea to me also refresh my memory.  :)

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually have that exact same set! Bought it off Amazon as well haha. Hope you enjoy rewatching/watching for the first time for all the sequels!
Oh wow! That's awesome. Us Albertan members are having more and more in common. :DD

I'd like to get started on that next week for sure.

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile

Oh wow! That's awesome. Us Albertan members are having more and more in common. :DD

Perhaps you'll cross paths someday. Who knows? :)

I'd like to get started on that next week for sure.

Likewise for me too. But I have a project for Social Studies and an essay assignment which is being handed on next week. I'll need to get on them right away first before my movies. Even though they aren't due for a long time, it's nice to have it done early. ;)

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Perhaps you'll cross paths someday. Who knows? :)
Possibly! It took me 12 years to meet up with another Albertan GoF member though :p

LeventeII

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I bought the new Rammstein album for 15€. The album itself has no title and the cover just contains a matchstick. Even if it's minimalist, the cover fits the band, since they are well-known for their pyrotechnic which the band performs on concerts.

The track list is as follows:

1. Deutschland [Germany]

2. Radio [radio]

3. Zeig Dich [show yourself]

4. Ausländer [foreigner]

5. #Inappropriate title to name it here.

6. Puppe [doll]

7. Was Ich Liebe [what I love]

8. Diamant [diamond]

9. Weit Weg [far away]

10. Tattoo [tattoo]

11. Hallomann [helloman]

“Deutschland” were published on the 28th march and reached the top of the German charts quickly. It reached over 50 million clicks on YouTube to date. A Single “Deutschland” with this certain track and an additional remix was published at the same time. Their new album got announced, too.

This song was a surprise, because Rammstein published their last new song back in 2009.

The Music video got announced by a short clip one day before, which caused a type of scandal because of the content. It was a clip from the actual video.

The final Music video appeared the day later, and I was able to watch the premiere on YouTube!   :DD

I would like to move on to the next track, “Radio”, which got also published on several platforms like YouTube and Spotify just like “Deutschland”. This happened on the 26th April. Even though it got a less good feedback than “Deutschland”, my friends for example don't like this song, it is my absolute favorite out of the whole album! I remember listening to it in an endless loop for hours while doing fanart.

The other tracks were published together with the album. They differ from each other quite a bit. While “Zeig Dich” is very active concerning voice, music and lyrics, “Diamant” is calm. As usual for Rammstein, their Lyrics are very deep and have sense. Even if they are hard sometimes, they have a meaning and it creates a lot of room for interpretation.

At this point I would like to mention that even if Rammstein's songs are controversial sometimes because of their lyrics and music videos, not any of their songs contains something bad like discrimination. In the song “Ausländer”, for example, is nothing mentioned that could be discriminatory to any person, at least in my view. And in “Deutschland”, they also mention bad things about Germany so that it becomes relatively neutral.

A direct example for their good lyrics is “Diamant”. In short, the song is about the love of the lyrical-I. In the refrain, it says:

“Du bist schön wie ein Diamant.”, what means: “You are beautiful as a diamond.”

But at the very end of the song, the Lyrical-I says:

“[Du bist] Wunderschön wie ein Diamant, doch nur ein Stein.”

“[You are] as beautiful as a diamond, but only a stone.”

This phrase was like a plot-twist to me. I mean, diamonds are indeed very beautiful, but they are still only stones, that's also right.

I don't listen much to other metal-bands or “Deutschrock” bands, but as far as I know, Rammstein is a bit extraordinarily. Their kind of singing differs from other bands in my opinion.

This Album got also released as a “Special-Edition”, but the only difference between the “normal” and the “Special” edition is the bigger size of the packing and thus the bigger size of the booklet, but there aren't any extra-tracks or some other bonus material as far as I know.

I listened to this album over 10 times now. This was definitely a very good purchase!  :)

200 Post!

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A couple days ago I went to my local video game store and bought the Luigi's Mansion remake for 3DS. I used to own Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube years ago (before my copy mysteriously vanished one day...), and I still own its sequel, Dark Moon, also on 3DS. But it's my first time owning the 3DS remake. Really looking forward to playing it. The original Gamecube version was a good game, but I'm excited to see the enhancements they've made to it.

Paradise Bird

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://sporeleaf.forumotion.net/creators-hall-f7/post-your-dinos-here-
Been thinking of buying Planet Zoo soon =^.^= recently bought Hasbro stocks XD

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Those look fabulous!  :PCera

Also noticed you changed your avatar. Very fitting I must say.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'd been meaning to set a new avatar for some time. As much as I do love that group hug, I decided it was time for a change.

And yes, I've been quite enjoying my new headphones so far. The sound is crisper and clearer than those worn-down earbuds I've had for years now.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Lovely headphones, Stardust! :lol I've never really enjoyed those on-ear headsets but glad they work for you! :D

It seems that I got sick of my scroll wheel not clicking anymore yesterday, so I bought an upgraded mouse. Decided to go back to wireless with the following:

Not sure when I'll get it yet, but can't wait to click with the mouse wheel again :D

OwlsCantRead

• Literally Guido シ
  • Member+
  • Ducky
  • "In the morning light, the evening star…"
    • View Profile
Everyone got fancy tech purchases, so I think I'll share mine too.

Fan cooler for my 15" laptop. :Mo
Would it be possible for swimmers and flyers to get more love around here? Both figuratively… and literally.

That one guy who writes LBT fanfiction and accidentally makes them five times longer than he'd originally intended.

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Some colourful new Harry Potter-themed notebooks to fulfill my writing needs. The first four books correspond to each of the Hogwarts houses.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ooo very nice! I no longer buy stuff that I don't need, but that would be amazing to have on a bookshelf as well. Do you know into which house you are sorted? :)

ImpracticalDino

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Be my lover, Littlefoot. <3
    • View Profile
That's pretty cool, StardustSoldier! You proved once again that you're quite the Harry Potter fanatic. It is a nice change of pace as well from a lot of purchases, which I've seen are rather modern/expensive/electronic. :yes

Discord! I'm howling at the moon! And sleeping in the middle of a summer afternoon...

Anagnos

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Keep it clean! Respect public property!
    • View Profile

Since I am a bit of a book worm, I decided to buy another novel of my most favorite series of all time, Halo: Broken Circle. I haven't yet had the chance to read this one, but I heard it's a very good one by many people on the internet. It's going to be amazing to see how I'll like this one, but as there are only a select few Halo novels I dislike, and they just happen to be from the same author, I have no worries that this will disappoint me in any way! :^^spike

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
@Mumbling: You got me curious, so I just took an online test on Brainfall.com. I got Hufflepuff.

"You are reserved, rational, and down-to-earth. You work well with others, are a great team player, and you always take a stand against injustice."

Do you know what your house is?

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Awesome!

I took a test on Pottermore a few years ago and was sorted into Gryffindor. I think it makes sense, even though I would have rather been in Ravenclaw.