The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Hornet Love

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Who says bugs are heartless?  :lol:

Anywho, this is my lazy work.... Regardless of that, I like how it turned out. This is Shon and Namida, two Japanese Giant Hornets.....slightly anthropomorphized. I have a deep love of insects (they're almost never appreciated!!) and these hornets are among my favorites. I have a story I wrote that I'll post if anyone shows interest here... Summary will be written below in case anyone's interested. :^.^:

The characters in this pic:
Shon is the large male hornet with the standarized design and Namida is the smaller female with a more 'feminine' design. Yes, I know most male insects are smaller than the females (and that they lack stingers), but let me have my fun!  :D

Story Summary:
Ever watched the videos on youtube of these hornets fighting a whole colony of honeybees? I was inspired by that and so wrote a story centered around a young worker bee as her colony's attacked by Giant Hornets. And who's leading the assault? Why, none other than Shon himself.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Awesome drawing FBS! :wow  I don't really care much for bugs myself, but the story sounds interesting. :yes  I'd be interested.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Nice drawing and interesting characters.  It doesn't matter so much what nature or science says, they are your characters and your story.

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
Yay!! Comments! Thanks, guys!

Awwww, thanks for your support, LBTDiclonius! I'm glad you would consider reading my story despite your indifference to bugs! No worries, alot of my friends absolutely hate bugs, but admit the characters in the story (or at least the main honeybee character) qualify as cute and lovable!!  :lol:

And thanks Kor! And you're right! I mean, how many people let facts get in the way of a good story, or movie, right?  :DD