The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Spazzy Sparky

FlipperBoidSkua

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1125195/Flipper_Boid_Skua
This essentially represents me as an animal persona. I'm a ring-tailed lemur with bangs of fur atop my head and a red bandana around my neck. Drawn without a reference of any kind.

In this pic, I'm in a kind of simple strait jacket made to contain my crazy spazziness.... Yeah, it probably won't work.... This'll probably be my permanent avatar (maybe) seeing as how it shows me in all my me-ness  :DD and I think that's what an avatar is supposed to do.

Made by: Me! Spazzy Sparky, AKA FlipperBoidSkua

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
Meant to review this sooner, but decided that I’d better get the big things (like your domehead fanfic) out of the way first. Sorry for the lack of reviews it’s had so far.

Although I like the concept, one slight problem I have with the picture as an avatar is that it’s very pale (even more so than my avatar :blink:); the character doesn’t stand out very much.

I have good news and bad news about the feet: the good news is, if you compare them to a real ring-tailed lemur’s hand (although the two middle digits kind of look fused together); the bad news is, ring-tailed lemur feet look like this.

The face is rather reptilian looking (not that I blame you; mammal muzzles are hard to draw, especially without a reference), and the sleeves of the straitjacket don’t look large or long enough to accommodate the arms and hands of the character. Really good job on the bandana, though, especially the knot. (It’s very realistic-looking; I can never draw realistic knots.) And feet aside, the legs (especially the left one) look very good as well. Nice job on the furry outlines, too.

A couple suggestions in case you draw the character again: put some little circular reflections in the eyes, to make them look shinier. Also, try drawing a faint outline of the entire tail, then erase the part that gets hidden by the body and add the final outline with details like stripes and fuzziness to the part that remains visible (as opposed to drawing separate halves of the tail on either side of the body). It’ll look like it’s more realistically curving in and out of out of view that way.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Not as good as Pangaea with the Constructive crit..but my first impression is that the facial features of the lemur is rather reptilian like.  It seems as though you are incorporating the way you draw your dinosaurs (flyer characters) into this, and it hasn't really been that effective, it just seems as though (to me) that he has a beak which isn't what you want with lemurs. However, the body proportions are good.  What I do suggest, is that you try looking up a variety of lemur facial pictures that are frontal and side, like this maybe:

..and just keep practising drawing lemurs.

I'm sorry if this has come across as harsh.  I'm not too great at giving out constructive crit but, I'm intending it as a helpful way, so I hope it's worked.  Again sorry if you have been offended...it was not my intent.