The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Free-Form Fantasy

Noname · 944 · 38301

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://z6.invisionfree.com/Fantasy_RP_Board/index.php?act=idx
(OOC: Kos is a six year old Dracon Male, and please don't take control of other player's characters without the permission of the player who made the character... and please fix that double post. Thanks.)

Kos backed off from the inn, moving about a block away. He saw his father arrive at the burning scene in about a minute after he had backed off.

Ophion had stopped to cast the fire resistance spell, and it had worked. Walking past still-burning fires, the tongues of flame licked his robes and skin, but had no effect on him. Drawing his sword, the Ophion asked "What in blazes is going on here?!"

Meanwhile, Kos climbed up the side of another building, and, walking on the flat rooftops, approached the inn again, hoping to watch from what he believed was a safe place to watch the action from a safe distance.

He was wrong.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Valeron had noticed the red-robed Dracon was about to throw another fireball and tried to stop the mage, but the paladin was too late. The fireball was flying towards the human when a dark wall appeared, seemingly from nowhere, to stop the blaze.

Valeron then tried to incapacitate the Dracon mage when Ophion arrived. When Ophion posed his question, Valeron said, "Help me get this mage under control! And try to get some help with this fire!"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ophion cast a spell, "Extinguish flames", which quickly put out all fires within a 100-foot radius.

"Now... less flame, more answers" he said. "Who are you, and why are you torching this place?"

Kos watched from an awning attached to the roof of the next building over, looking down at the scene.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"If you want to know why the fire was started, ask this mage." Valeron had succeeded in immobilizing the mage and now held the mage's arms behind the mage's back. "When I got here, he was casting a fireball."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"You, mage. Why are you blasting this place? Tell me!" Ophion said to the rouge spellcaster.

While it was the job of the city guard to take care of hostile wizards, the mages of Minthebec were also interested in each others affairs... they all had a power-hungry streak, even though in some mages, it was much worse... Ophion was interested in the motives and spells of this wizard, just as any other would be... if he could get the rogue wizard's note, spellbook, and other magical equipment, so much the better...

What was clear was that all Dracon mages sought power for themselves... if serving a city was a necessary means to that ends, so be it... if they could, each mage would be a power unto himself... as the greatest archmages were. Manipulating the elements, delving into aracane mysteries, summoning and controlling powerful creatures... these were all aspects of power... and fire was one of the most visible manifestations of such power...

Which brought Ophion back to this current incident. Clearly, this mage was blasting the inn because he believed he had something to gain from it... but what?

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"I had hoped to make less of a... spectacle." the mage replied,

"I bet you don't even know who he is." he said as he pointed at the wrecked bar stand.  "Either way, I can't let either of you live now that you've seen me."

Meanwhile in the kitchen Harly had crawled inside and grabbed the biggest, longest knife he could find - which was just a steak knife.

Things were about to get real ugly.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Well, you did make a spectacle. The city guards are on their way, I presume?" Valeron asked Ophion. He still had the mage's arms in his grasp. It's a good thing it was just one mage, otherwise this could have gotten a whole lot worse..

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
(OOC: I forfiet the rights to the attacker, do with him as you choose)

Harly emerged from the kitchen with the knife shaking menacingly in his hands, only to find the situation under control.

By under control he ment that his mysterious attacker was pinned and there were two people in the room - one he had met before in the street and the other he had never seen before.

"Hmph... hogging all the action for yourselves..." complained Harly as he crossed his arms. All around most of the innocent bar patrons had been cowering, hoping to remain unnoticed.

"I don't suppose you people are the police?" Harly asked.

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"The guard should be on their way now" Ophion told Harly. "And yes, I did see you before... on the street. I wonder if the mage's attack has anything to do with your-"

Suddenly, a burst of light was seen, and the mage broke free from the Paladin's grasp!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The traveler was almost on the other side of town when he caught wind of smoke and fire, and had hurried at windy speed to join in on the commotion.  He stopped at a residential building scorched with fire damage...

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
A bright nova of flame pierced the inn as the mage threw another spell, this one hasty and weak to speed his escape.

"I'll be back... and next time the human will die."  with a poof he was gone.

"Oh I highly doubt that..." chided Harley, "because I won't be here when he comes back, I'm leaving this messed up place."

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Are you okay, human?" Ophion asked Harly. "Do you have any idea who that was or why they would attack you?"

Just then, Kos lost his footing on the awning, falling down on top of the two of them!

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The traveler watched as he momentarily saw a cloaked Dracon use magic to escape, before he entered the inn to the upper levels, finding two Dracons and human in a pile on the floor...

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The interior of the inn was chaos... although most of the patrons and staff had left in a hurry, some were still cowering in the corners or else holed up in some of the rooms.

There was a dancer, a female Dracon with bangles, hidden in one of the rooms on the top level. On the floor beneath that, the barkeeper was still there... hiding under the table, armed with a long knife, in case anyone thought to steal the alcohol...

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
"Dang it!" Valeron said as the mage broke Valeron's hold on him, and Valeron tried desperately to grab the mage, but to no avail. The mage cast another spell at Valeron that forced him to dodge the attack. When Valeron looked back at the direction of the door, the mage was gone.

Valeron turned around to see a third Dracon fall on top of Ochion and Harley. This day is getting crazier and crazier. Valeron thought to himself as he walked over to the fallen group, offering a hand to Ophion and Harley.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"He probably attacked me because I'm human," sighed Harly, helping the Dracon mage get the child to his feet.

The former sea captain picked up his bag and his pipe and to leave the inn. All around people were gathering and more and more were pouring in to get a glimpse of the action.

"Well now even with a decent amount of coin I still end up on the street." Harly said hoarsely, "Do you think you could point me to another place to stay?"

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Kos! What are you doing, son?!" Ophion said, getting up, and looking the young Dracon in the eye.

"Oh, dad! I was... watching the action..." Kosjurec replied.

"I told you to stay in the house... away from danger..." Ophion replied. "You know what this means..."

"I know... you won't show me any spells for a month, I'm grounded for a week, and no more back talk..." Kos replied.

"Now go back to the house son... and if you don't follow your punishment, your mother will see to it that you do..."

Kos ran off for home... "It got me grounded, but it was worth it" he thought.

Ophion now turned his attention to the matter at hand...

"The temples welcome in weary travelers" the mage told Harly. "It is very safe there..."

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The traveler watched the group as spectators and later guards came to crowd the scene.  One guard tapped him on the shoulder.  "Did you see what happened?"

The traveler finally spoke, his voice strangely soft and disembodied.  "I only caught the tail end of it.  Those three may have been a part of it."

The guard nodded and walked away.  The traveler turned to a local for directions.  What he got was directions to a nearby temple with high towers, normally for Dracons only, but he could get permission to enter and pray, but not to spend the night.  Satisfied, the traveler left the now-crowded inn on his way...

Noname

• The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Kos made it home... his mother was quite surprised to see him there.

"Kos?! You were supposed to stay here! What's the meaning of this?" Aurescia said.

"I know... I followed dad..." the youth said. "I'll go to my room..."

"You know the drill... no watching your dad practice magic..." his mother continued...

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Ah Kos welcome back"  happily said Ophion

"Yeah its Good to see you again" replied Kos.

"Ay Kos...;) its been awhile" said the strange voice out of know where.

"Hey Ryuunite, boy I haven't seen you in ages"! said Kos with excitement, "You finished you training with Master Arch already?"

"Well not as fast as I hoped for" answered Ryuunite, "His Training was tough it even toke me a long time to even be the Legend Master himself.