The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Watership Down

Raptor · 279 · 21197

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Mayberry grinned after hearing both Thyme and Neltita's responses.
"well I may not know exactly what happened, but I believe you were right in what you did Thyme. When it comes to Owsla politics...fighting is often the only answer!"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thyme looked at Mayberry a bit surprised. He didn't really expect, that she would approve his actions aloud. He smiled slightly.

"Yes. I guess I did the right thing then and in result I was kicked out of the Owsla before I even was officialy accepted into it." buck said calmly "After all these efforts, not only mine, to get me into their ranks." he added silently.

"Did you ever regret it?" Neltita asked suddenly, glancing at Thyme intently. The gray rabbit grinned in response and said just single word:

"Never."

Doe smiled at this and they were staring in each others eyes in silence, before Basil interrupted it.

"I think I can smell love in the air right now!" hare exclaimed cheerfully "Alright, actually I can't smell it, but I can still see it with my eyes!"

"Basil..." Thyme said.

"Oh, I see where it's going to. You said 'Basil...' and now I am supposed to say: 'Yes?' And then you will say: 'Shut up!' Isn't that where this conversation is going to, Thyme?"

"Indeed, Basil. Indeed." Thyme said, rolling his eyes at this hare, who had suddenly become quite annoying "So could you kindly stop talking at all or could you at least change the subject?"

"Perhaps... If you and Neltita tell me the whole story of you attacking this Owsla member." Basil said, smiling slyly. It was quite obvious for him, that brown-furred doe was somehow involved in that story and it seemed he was right, as she didn't deny it. She just sighted and said:

"Alright, Basil. We will tell you about it, if you are so curious. This isn't a big secret anyway... You'll have to wait till we stop for rest though. Can you do that?"

"Yes. I can and I will." hare responded seriously, glad that he got what he wanted. He was hoping to hear an interesting story and it seemet that this group of rabbits knows many such stories...

Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry grinned as well.
"I too would like to hear the proper end to this story. Of course knowing we doe are superior I have no doubt that Neltita's side of the story will prove that fact again." she said with a positive tone in her voice.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Superior you say?" Thyme asked "What makes you think, that does are superior?"
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry laughed for several moments before she answered.
"Tell me Thyme...do you bucks have to carry a litter inside you and then give birth  and then worry about how they will be brought up? Well...do you?!" she asked rather loudly

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"No. We can't give birth, but without us you wouldn't have litters at all, would you now? Besides... If carrying litter is the only thing, that makes does superior to bucks then what about females, who are barren? Are they as inferior as bucks?!" Thyme asked, raising his voice to match it with Mayberry's.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry's face was flushed with anger and a bit of embarrassment.
"Of course! Even barren does are superior! We do what we must to ensure our survival! And if you want to test that...I'd be more than happy to pound you into the dirt!!!" shouted Mayberry with every intention of carrying out her threat.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thyme didn't back down, although he could see that Mayberry was in fighting spirit right now (to say the least).

"If you want to attack me, because I disagree with you, then do it!" he said, challenging her "But you won't find me easy to 'pound into the dirt'."

OOC: I hope that Raptor will write something soon or we might kill each other. :p

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
OOC: :p Yeah I know! Battle of the sexes!

Mayberry unsheathed her claws and took three swipes at Thymes' face. "This is just proof that Does are superior!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle suddenly lept in between them, turning to face both of the alternativly.

"Enough! We've had enough fighting as it is. Frithrah! What if elil caught us like this?" Said Thistle, the anger evident in his voice. Walnut had slunk back into the crowd of rabbits, when a voice of dissent rose up from them. The voice was instantly recongizable as Birch.

"Why not? It's the only intresting thing that's happened since we entered this forest." He said.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thyme jumped back a bit when Mayberry attacked, but nonetheless she was able to scratch his face. He felt a blood running down his mouth. He felt an anger filling his mind. He was going to made his own attack, but then Thistle hopped in his way, trying to stop this conflict before it could futher escalate. Unfortunately, Thistle's words fell on deaf ears.

"I wont let Mayberry attack me and then pretend that nothing happened, Thistle." he retorted angrily "Stand aside!"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry stared at Thyme never breaking eye contact, but not wanting to harm anyone else. "Step aside Thistle...this is  personal!" she warned still tense and ready to re-engage Thyme.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"For Frith's sake, listen to yourselves!" Thistle snapped, looking from Thyme to Mayberry and back again. He was furious, his anger outweighed only by the encroaching fear of what may happen if they dawdled too long.

"We need to put this tharn fight behind us and get moving before some embleer elil find us here!"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Well... I am sure that, if any elil finds us, then Mayberry will fight it and defeat it or at lest she will die trying." Thyme said and then he looked in the eyes of Mayberry "At this moment, I don't know if wouldn't want to see the latter happening." he added maliciously. He was trying to avoid Thistle and attack Mayberry, but Neltita and Basil joined Chieff Rabbit in effort to stop fighting.

"Knock it off, both of you!" Neltita said firmly "We are in the woods, elils may staling us right now and you start a duel. And for what?! You want to fight just to prove, if does are superior or not. This is utter nonsense!"

"I have to agree with Thistle-rah and Neltita. This is not the right time, nor a good reason to fight." Basil chimed in "Besides, even though superiority of does or bucks may be open to some debate, there is no question that hares are the most superior of all longears."

Every rabbit stared at him.

"That was a joke, you know. To relieve the tension."

"Riiiiight." Thyme said, before turing to Thisle "You are probably right, Thistle-rah, but I still want to repay Mayberry in kind for injuring me, so step..." He didn't finish, as someone else thumped the ground, but not as a warning of coming elils. It was rather a signal to get attention. Thyme, Neltita and Basil turned to see the rabbit, who thumped. A few hops from them, a single brown-furred doe was sitting and observing them.

She was not part of their group...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thistle stared at the newcomer for a moment, then slowly hoped forward to greet her. He was rah, after all, and they had to find out who this was. Thistle haulted a little ways away from her, not once looking away.

"Hello," He began, the slightest note of suspscion in his voice. "Who are you?

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"My name's Laurel" she answered him gently, sniffing at him. Perhaps, she was examing him for any diseases or maybe she was trying to get to know him better this way. After a moment of this, a brown doe spoke again:

"You've come from far, haven't you? Who are you and why you are here?" she asked.

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"My name is Thistle." Thistle introduced himself. "I've been leading my fellow rabbits from the dangers of our old warren. It was overtaken by the white blindness."

Upon a brief moment of consideration, Thistle added "We are not infected, we fled before it could take us."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Yes. I can smell that you are healthy" Laurel said. She was slightly bigger than Thistle and looked like she never had to feed on mere grass. Her fur was well-groomed and her entire appearance showed, that wherever she was coming from this was a good place for rabbits to live in...

"We've sensed your presence here and I was sent to invite you to our warren..." brown doe said, looking at all members of group "...But now I see there are some infights amongst you, so I'm not sure if this is such a good idea. No offence." she added, her eyes pointing out to Thyme and Mayberry.

"Why would you want to invite us to your warren?" Neltita asked, coming closer to Laurel. It wasn't something oput of ordinary to accept one or two hlessil into the warren, but a hrair? Neltita had a unsetting feeling about this invitation, although she couldn't tell why.

Laurel nodded her head, as if she was expecting a question like this.

"There are many does in our warren, but there are too few bucks." she answered "This is something we would like to change."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Mayberry's anger was still coursing through her body, but now after hearing Laurel comment on her warren, she turned her misplaced anger towards the new doe. "Oh...and who says we want to join your warren! We're strong enough a warren as we are! And we certainly don't need anymore side tracking from another set of rabbits!" she all but shouted now facing Laurel.