The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favourite children's shows?

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Rediscovered Hey Arnold on youtube.  Does anyone remember that show?  
Rugrats, Dexter's Lab, Aladdin tv series, Gummi Bears, Even Stevens, Boy meets world,Teen Angel, Smart Guy and home improvement.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Saft,Jan 18 2011 on  02:47 PM
Rediscovered Hey Arnold on youtube.  Does anyone remember that show?
I do, but I lost interest when they just kept showing the same episodes over and over. :rolleyes

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
ah, that is annoying but it's the network fault not the actual show.
My sister and I used to watch something called  beyblade, i think it is called.  It was okay but not something that was enjoyable....

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The Backyardagains. I use to love that show! And I still watch it from time to time now, pfft and I thought only the Land Before Time characters could break out into song without any shame.

The Land Before Time tv series. Guy's you HAD to see this one coming. :p

Dragon tales. OMG! I have a tape of the show! I loved it when I was younger.

The Little Mermaid tv series and movie. WOOT!!!!!!!!! I love this! Not to the extent of LBT, but...OMG!!!  Whenever I was upset and crying as a little kid my parents would put this movie in and I would stop crying instantly!

Uhhh dat's about it. I can't think. Too much nostalgia.

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I got another one!

Babar. I don't know why, but I liked this show as a kid and I was flicking through channels and saw it on, I watched and all those old feelings came rushing back.

EDIT: Thomas the Tank Engine. I used to love this show as a kid. I don't like it anymore though. It probably happened when I saw the movie. The bad train (it's been so long I forget his name) came out, I actually got so scared I started crying and walked out of the theatre holding my dad's hand and I didn't want to go back in. :lol:  Good times.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Recently, I've watched a few  episodes of the "Timon and Pumbaa" series...I really don't like the title characters (NO offense to anyone here who does like them)...one of the ones I've watched was "Never Everglades"...the dude in this video...here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAX8AHXNaw8

...he highlights it at about the 6 minute mark. So yeah, I  truthfully admit I watched it on my birthday. Yeah...not gonna stoop to that level next year, though!  :exactly
I did watch the 2 Zazu episodes...sort of dumb...and I also watched the episodes with the hyenas. I've mentioned before that the hyenas are my absolute favorite characters from The Lion King, and quite probably my favorite characters in animation outside of LBT (my favorite children's show, naturally  ;) ). And I thought they were all pretty funny, particualrly "Can't take a yoke" (seriously, I thought they were gonna try the old tar monster gag on the ostrich in that one!    :lol ). And I really wonder why on earth they didn't get their own show. I would like, totally watch that.  :exactly Personally, I like to think it was the lack of them getting their own shorts in the later seasons that caused the series to discontinue.  :lol

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
Hm, let see...

Bear in the Big Blue House (my all-time favorite children's program!)
Barney and Friends (don't throw tomatoes...don't throw tomatoes...)
The Wiggles
Sesame Street
Arthur (how ridiculous...it's still running after all these years!)
Blue's Clues
Dragon Tales
The Berenstain Bears
PB&J Otter (enough with the noodle dancing, it does nothing whatsoever!)
Thomas and Friends (not anymore, even though I'm autistic)
SpongeBob SquarePants (obviously)
Rugrats (occasionally)
Garfield and Friends
Looney Tunes (of course!)
The Book of Pooh (and other Pooh-related shows and movies)
Hanna-Barbera cartoons

...and many, many more! I might edit later.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Wait, when you guys say Arthur is still running, do you mean they're still having new episodes?

As for kids shows I watch, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic and...I guess The Legend of Korra if that counts.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Gargoyles is probably my all-time favorite.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 24 2012 on  09:58 PM
Wait, when you guys say Arthur is still running, do you mean they're still having new episodes?
Yeppers!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I remember when I was very young I had some shows I liked, some kid's type shows, though most of them you've likely never heard of.  Sesame Street, Mr. Rogers, Captain Kangaroo, Electric Company.  The Captain Guss Show (showed Popeye cartoons).

For regular cartoons I liked a lot of them.  Scooby Doo and others.  The Tarzan Cartoon was very well written I thought.

Loony Tunes, Various Hanna barberra & flimation cartoons, and others to many to name.  

Not counting kid's shows & cartoons I've liked after my childhood of course.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Seeing as it's been about 5 years since I've posted here...LOL...I do have some additions.  

1.  My Little Pony Friendship is Magic
2.  Legend of Korra
3.  Avatar the Last Air Bender

That's it for now.  But maybe one day in the future I'll have more "kid" shows I like.  I don't know.  I just don't like kid shows anymore.  I'm more of an anime guy.

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Kids shows that I really liked when I was little.

Arthur
Bill Nigh the Science Guy
The Magic School bus
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

LBTDiclonius

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
^ I can never resist watching Bill Nigh when it comes on. NEVER.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Nov 24 2012 on  10:21 PM
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 24 2012 on  09:58 PM
Yeppers!
I guess the saying isn't completely true: Some things do last forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: LBTDiclonius,Nov 25 2012 on  01:51 AM
^ I can never resist watching Bill Nigh when it comes on. NEVER.
Me neither! I miss watching it in middle school!

vonboy

• Chomper: "Threehorns are better at everything, including rumpsteaks"
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
where does it come on now? I haven't seen it in a long time.
Come check out my new Youtube gaming channel, Game Biter!
---------------------
Littlefoot: "Look, Chomper. You're uncle is dead, and it's just right for your friends to be there for you. You'd be there if someone we know died, right?"

Chomper: "Well, sure I would!"

Come give my LBT TV Series fanfiction, PAST-O-RAMA, a read!
---------------------
(Runner-Up)

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: vonboy,Nov 25 2012 on  10:45 AM
where does it come on now? I haven't seen it in a long time.
Find it on video if you're lucky, otherwise...not sure.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 24 2012 on  09:06 PM
Gargoyles is probably my all-time favorite.
I was a total nutter for Brooklyn Gargoyles in third grade.

So...recently I've really been liking Fish Hooks and Gravity Falls. Phenias and Ferb didn't really grab me like those did. It's a creative way to use the same situation over and over again in different ways. I'll watch it if there's nothing else to do, though.

And I did check out Adventure Time. The one thing I can describe it as is "cute". It's simple with some gags that go waaaaaaay over the target audience's heads. Lady Ranicorn only speaks Korean and according to some of the translations, there are definitely implications that she was intimate with Jake more than once. Oh man, the things they've got away with :lol . But other than that..."cute". Oh, and the Ice King's little "issues".

As for what I enjoyed as a kid...most of what was on PBS in the 90's/early 2000's. Zoom, Dragon Tales, Arthur, effin CYBERCHASE! Cyberchase was awesome. Christopher Lloyd AND Gilbert Godfried as major characters--total win.

Bruton the Iguanodon

Yeah, I really enjoyed Cyberchase during it's first season in 2002. It taught me math!  :yes