The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Favourite children's shows?

Daddytops2009

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Moomins 1973 and 1979 including FiM.

Adventure Time too.

Cyberlizard

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://raptoid.deviantart.com/
Bill Nye the Science Guy
The Magic School Bus
Are You Afraid of the Dark?
Goosebumps
An assortment of cartoons from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network from the 80s and 90s.

Ghostfishe

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ptyra,Dec 3 2012 on  12:58 PM
Quote from: WeirdRaptor,Nov 24 2012 on  09:06 PM
And I did check out Adventure Time. The one thing I can describe it as is "cute". It's simple with some gags that go waaaaaaay over the target audience's heads. Lady Ranicorn only speaks Korean and according to some of the translations, there are definitely implications that she was intimate with Jake more than once. Oh man, the things they've got away with :lol . But other than that..."cute". Oh, and the Ice King's little "issues".[/color]
I think you may be underestimating what the target audience actually is, though... it wasn't meant for little kids, hence why it airs around 7-8 PM, along with Regular Show (which has even more blatant innuendo than AT). I love it to death, but it's definitely not something I'd let a second-grader watch, if I had kids. I'd rank it close to Invader Zim (one of my other favorites) in terms of general audience... maybe not quite that high, but roughly in that range.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars is my other current favorite (although I might not consider that a "cartoon" per se). Those are two of the three reasons I turn the TV on these days--the other being for video games.

I used to watch SatAM all the time... practically all my best friend and I ever talked about was Sonic (that and Dinotopia). It's a bit cheesier than I remember, though, now that I have a few DVDs and can watch them again. For some reason when they used to get aired on TV, they cut out any of the parts with Sonic singing. Erm...? :p

I loved Rugrats, and still watch it occasionally if I can find the original series... that and Batman: The Animated Series. Hey Arnold was a great show, too. I especially liked how they had their own urban legends and such, those always seemed like the funnest episodes. Code Lyoko was also awesome, as were Teen Titans.

Other than that I haven't watched cartoons much, since I was maybe six or seven? Not a lot of shows can hold my interest for a full half-hour.