The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Invasion from above

Lain_EX · 21 · 3001

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK, this is my very first LBT fanfic. So take it easy on me, please. Here it goes:

The Land Before Time.

Invasion from above.

The mysterious stone.

The Universe. So big, yet mysterious. An immensity filled with stars and planets. Amongst them we gaze to a planet in particular, the Earth. In its surface, we can see massive primitive creatures, the dinosaurs. They tend to survive by feeding, some ate green leaves and grass; yet some ate other dinosaurs. But there was only one exception, in a place called the Great Valley, everybody live happy and in harmony. The little dinosaurs play, unaware of what is about to happen.

Littlefoot: “Hey, Cera! Can’t catch me!”

Cera: “That’s what you think! They don’t call me the fastest Threehorn for nothing!”

Ducky: “You are truly fast, Cera. Yup, yup, yup.”

Petrie: “But you no catch me!”

Cera: “Big deal. You’re a flyer.”

Then, the grown-ups called their children. Everyone went home.

That night, when everyone was sleeping, Littlefoot woke up to drink some water. Before getting more sleep, he saw in the sky something like another stone of cold fire, landing in the Mysterious Beyond. Some time later, Littlefoot fell asleep, anxious to tell his friends about what he saw.

The next morning, Littlefoot told his friends about what he saw in the sky.

Cera: “You have to be crazy, Littlefoot. If you think we’re gonna believe that story again, then you’re wrong.”

Littlefoot: “But I saw it! This time, I swear it was the real deal!”

Ducky: “But the last time we saw that stone, Petrie’s uncle wanteded to use its power to do bad stuff.”

Littlefoot: “You guys believe what you want, ëcause I’ll find that stone, even if I’m alone.”

Cera: “Good. But don’t come crying to us if your grandparents ground you by going all by yourself to the Mysterious Beyond. OK?”

Littleoot ignores Cera and goes to the Mysterious Beyond.

Cera: “Then, have it your way. I won’t stop you.”

Petrie: “You no think it dangerous for he?”

Ducky: “Petrie is right. Littlefoot could get into trouble.”

Cera: “It’s just that I’m tired of going to adventures with him. We always end running into a Sharptooth or other dangers. No, If you’re gonna rescue him, then don’t invite me.”

Petrie: “Then if you no go, we no go either.”

Ducky: “That is becaise we do not feel braver without you or Littlefoot. No, no, no.”

Meanwhile, Littlefoot went where landed the “stone”, which it wasn’t. What Littlefoot saw was amazing. What could be? Find out more in the next episode.

So, I'll come up with the next chapter when I'm done wit it. What do ya think?

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.landbeforetimefreak.npage.de
Quote from: Lain_EX,Sep 2 2007 on  11:29 PM
You guys believe what you want, ëcause I’ll find that stone, even if I’m alone.”
That¥s a really nice story, good job. But I¥ve found some things, which aren¥t correct for me:

Littlefoot would never go alone at an adventure I think. Only with his friends.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that's because Cera was too mad at him, that he wanted to find the "stone" by himself. After all, it's my fanfic, so I can do it my way.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Nimrod,Sep 3 2007 on  12:28 AM
Cera: “It’s just that I’m tired of going to adventures with him. We always end running into a Sharptooth or other dangers. No, If you’re gonna rescue him, then don’t invite me.”
And I don¥t think that cera would be tired from the adventures.

Nimrod

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
of cause you can do, that were only some things, which are on my mind not correct. But it¥s your story. ;)

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I agree with Nimrod here.  Littlefoot should never go on an adventure alone.  It also limits the amount of material your story can have.  It's your story though and you can do whatever you want.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Don't forget that Littlefoot had a "lone dinosaur" trip in LBT 6. In LBT 11 he was acting on his own accord as well until the others observed him at night. In LBT 9 it also looked very much like he was going to help Mo no matter if the others were going to help him or not (that earthquake came quite conveniently for Littlefoot). I don't think it is beyond Littlefoot to do something without the others. I agree though that he would probably try to get the others to come along and go by himself only if he has to realize that nothing will work to make the others come along.
Cera too declared her intentions not to go along with the others on several occasions, the most striking of which was her decision not to help Littlefoot trapped in that cave (of course she ultimately came along anyway).

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Don't forget that Littlefoot had a "lone dinosaur" trip in LBT 6.

That's one of the reasons #6 is my least favorite sequal.  It just didn't feel right. <_<

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I disagree on that one. Of course Littlefoot has a great sense of working along with the others. However, he also has an extremely strong sense of justice and a certain lack of understanding when others don't feel as enthusiastic about something or somebody as he does. Littlefoot set out to fix things on his own AFTER the others had refused to come along. I don't think it would have been like Littlefoot to stay behind and accept any injustice against Doc while he knew that Doc hadn't done anything at all.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
He shouldn't have gone.  He should have known that he couldn't do it alone.  Of course, then there wouldn't have been a story, so I guess I'm glad he did.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Should he have accepted the injustice against Doc and (under the impression that damaging Saurus Rock brought badluck) accept that others would suffer as a consequence of his actions?
Neither (in)action would have sounded like Littlefoot.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
I gotta admit, I like this story...and I can't wait to see what Littlefoot has found.

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
I had the opportunity to read the first 4 chapters of Lain_EX  fanfic and I can say is an interesting story. This is a story that you don’t see every day, the plot is very good.  :lol

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Hey, this is pretty good, man. I'm enjoying it so far, so I hope to see more of it. Fair warning to ya, if you plan to bring this story to Fanfiction.net, be advised that script format is strictly prohibited over there, so if you are considering it, you may need to rewrite the story in the proper story format, but if you plan to leave it here, then that's not a problem. We don't care which format you write your story (Whether it be story or script) in here. Heck, you can write it in an AIM chat way and we probably still won't care.  :lol  But anways, best of luck with this story.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Thanks anyone. Tho, story format fanfics and I don't mix, so I decided to make it script. Due to the rule you told, KingdomKey23, I just have to cancel my account there.

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This seems like an interesting fanfic, I'd like to see how it turns out. Hey Lain, did you abandon this or did you simply forgot about it.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 I am quite interested as well, I hope this story will continue soon too.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
It seems an interesting story. I think Littlefoot would go off alone if the others would not go with him, he's done so a few times before.  I can see Cera being mad enough not to go if something went on or something was said in such a way to get her mad and it seems she seems to have the ability to sway others like her father does so the others may be swayed by her not wanting to go also.

Lain_EX

• Ducky
    • View Profile
OK. Due to popular demand, here's chapter 2:

Befriending the unknown.

Littlefoot arrived where the “stone” landed. When Littlefoot got there, he realized it wasn’t a stone, but an interplanetary capsule.

Littlefoot: “What’s that?”

As he was approaching it, Littlefoot watched fearfully that thing in his sights. When he was closer, the capsule opened. Inside, there was a scaly-like, four-legged, long tail, long neck and dinosaur body creature, lying down. In fact, it looked sort of alike a Longneck Littlefoot-sized, but he dat two antennae on his head, his skin was blue and had a mark in his left forelimb in the shape of the sun.

Littlefoot: “It’s a Longneck!”

Then, the alien woke up, looking Littlefoot first. He started talking in a strange tongue, Littlefoot was puzzled, since he couldn’t understand that odd language.

Littlefoot: “Sorry. I don’t understand you.”

Alien: “Oh, please accept my apologies. I didn’t expressed any thoughts about you being an earthling. Then I will be repeating myself that sentence on your tongue.”

Littlefoot: “I don’t have any clue on what’re you talking about.”

Alien: “That’s because your primitive mind is unable to understand my vocabulary. I repeat my words.”

Littlefoot: “I think I got it.”

Alien: “Do you mind? OK, as I was saying, it seems I’m not the only one left of my species.”

Littlefoot: “What do you mean?”

Alien: “Here is me, I’m [CENSORED], the last survivor of the planet Ristram VI, where a war for our survival is holding. None of us have survived, except for me, the last of the Ristram. They also know me as Wulfrus, prince and future heir to the throne of Ristram VI.

Littlefoot: “Well, I couldn’t understand that first name you said, so I’ll call you Wulfrus.”

Wulfrus: “That’s good enough for me. Everyone calls me like that anyway.”

Littlefoot: “I’m Littlefoot. Nice to meet you.”

Wulfrus: “Where am I?”

Littlefoot: “Near the Great Valley. That’s where I live. Come along, I’ll show you to my friends.”

Wulfrus: “I think they’ll see me as someone weird, being me here in your planet.”

Littlefoot: “Doesn’t matter. My friends will like you. Come.”

Wulfrus: “OK.”

Littlefoot took Wulfros to the Great Valley, where his friends were playing. They saw Littlefoot coming along with his new friend.

Littlefoot: “Guys, this is Wulfrus. He’s... uhh... How did you say you were?”

Wulfrus: “Are they your friends? But they’re not from the same species like us.”

Cera: *sarcastic* “Great! Another Longneck!”

Ducky: “It does not look harmful, Cera. No, no, no.”

Petrie: “Me think he nice.”

Wulfrus: “And you are...”

Littlefoot: “She’s Cera the Threehorn.”

Cera: “Well, don’t get used to live here, ëcause my dad will sway you away if he sees you here.”

Littlefoot: “This is Petrie, the flyer.”

Petrie: “Never mind Cera. She so angry, but her dad worser.”

Littlefoot: “She’s Ducky, the swimmer.”

Ducky: “I am glad to meet you. I am, I am.”

Littlefoot: “And he’s Spike, the Spike-tail.”
Wulfrus was awaiting Spike’s response, but he was eating some Treestars.

Wulfrus: “Is Spike mute?”

Ducky: “Well, he did not even tried to talk, but once.” *giggles*

Littlefoot: “And this is where I live, the Great Valley.”

Wulfrus: “I was contemplating the prettiness of this place since you showed me to your friends.”

Petrie: “And how it? It beautiful?”

Wulfrus: “In fact, it reminds me of my home planet.”

Cera: “Home planet? Where do you come exactly?”

Wulfrus: “I’m from Ristram VI, well, that was until the Trambok tribe invaded us. I’m the Ristram prince, and one of the few survivors from the invasion.”

Cera: “I’m sorry, I don’t know about Ristram-this and Trambok-that!”

Wulfrus: “I didn’t said that! Besides I’m a Ristram.”

Petrie: “Me thought you named Wulfrus.”

Ducky: “It does look more like a longneck to me.”

Wulfrus looks at himself and explains.

Wulfrus: “That’s because I change shape depending the place I visit. I actually am not like you.”

Littlefoot: “Leave him alone! Don’t you see he’s new around here?”

Cera: “Well, I don’t think my dad likes the idea that someone from another world hangs around with us. Besides, I don’t trust him.”

Wulfrus: “It’s OK. I can only trust your longneck friend anyway. Littlefoot, right?”

Littlefoot: “Wulfrus...”

Wulfrus: “It’s OK, Littlefoot. I’ll just return to my capsule and go back to the space.”

Littlefoot: “Don’t go away!”

Wulfrus walks away from the Great Valley, Littlefoot turns around, and he’s mad with Cera.”

Littlefoot: “Way to go, Cera!”

Cera: “But you don’t know him! What if he’s some kind of enemy?”

Littlefoot: “I don’t care whatever your father says. Wulfrus is my new friend.”

Littlefoot tries to catch up with Wulfrus, going to the Mysterious Beyond. Is Wulfrus going away from Earth? What kind of adventures await to our prehistoric buddies?

Episode 3, coming soon.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting development.  I guess his ability or tech to alter his shape isn't as exact as the rainbow faces, unless that is their true form.  It would be like Cera to not trust someone new, at least in some versions I've seen of her.