The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

When should we expect news about LBT 15?

Sovereign · 257 · 33649

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
And the amazing soundtracks by James Horner, Michael Tavera, and Billy Martin to go along with them :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yes I can Also agree with your post the music is amazing in the movies

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Let's not get off topic now. We have to wait for tomorrow for Sovereign to send the message.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I will forever believe that the failure of Journey of the Brave boiled more down to two main factors than the quality of the movie.  Now, while I will admit that the movie itself isn't that great, I still find it better than 13, and many will agree that's an improvement.

From the outset, one could argue that Journey of the Brave was doomed to failure.  This was either due to incompetence, stupidity or some sort of strategy to ensure failure.  I'd bet more on the first two, but let's get down to what happened.

When Journey of the Brave was nearing release, it was revealed that it would only be sold at Walmart on Launch Day and then later sent to other retailers.  Now, while this wouldn't be too bad if those release dates of different retailers were only days apart, the release to other retailers didn't happen for quite a few months.  Yes, you read right, MONTHS!  I don't care if your excuse is "we'll see how it does here first", this is inexcusable.  There are those who refuse to shop at Walmart.  This is especially true in smaller towns where they've gotten a reputation for being the reason that other businesses close their doors for good.  Not to mention that you alienate yourself from towns that have banned the building of a Walmart. (Yes, they exist.) Yes, they did branch themselves out to other retailers eventually, but I fear it was too little too late.  Anyone will tell you to branch out to as many retailers as possible, as quickly as possible, or you miss out on sales.  Really, I don't know what the sales strategist was thinking here.

Another thing I feel hurt it was that there was NO Spanish option for the US release of the movie.  No audio or subtitles for those that speak Spanish.  With the US having such a large population, and 13% of them being native Spanish speakers, (As of 2015.) that's really not a number you want to ignore.  Also, don't go telling me that ALL or most of them can fluently speak English, my own testimony would prove you wrong.  I run into people who hardly speak English EVERY SINGLE DAY I work and I have to try and help them.  At least give a Spanish Captions Option.  It's the least you can do to get 13% of the US population to buy your movie.

These are the two main factors I feel caused more harm to the sales figures of the movie than the quality of it.  I will forever stand by that.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That's true hypno let's wait and seen when he does send it

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: pokeplayer984,Jun 18 2017 on  03:55 PM
I will forever believe that the failure of Journey of the Brave boiled more down to two main factors than the quality of the movie.  Now, while I will admit that the movie itself isn't that great, I still find it better than 13, and many will agree that's an improvement.

From the outset, one could argue that Journey of the Brave was doomed to failure.  This was either due to incompetence, stupidity or some sort of strategy to ensure failure.  I'd bet more on the first two, but let's get down to what happened.

When Journey of the Brave was nearing release, it was revealed that it would only be sold at Walmart on Launch Day and then later sent to other retailers.  Now, while this wouldn't be too bad if those release dates of different retailers were only days apart, the release to other retailers didn't happen for quite a few months.  Yes, you read right, MONTHS!  I don't care if your excuse is "we'll see how it does here first", this is inexcusable.  There are those who refuse to shop at Walmart.  This is especially true in smaller towns where they've gotten a reputation for being the reason that other businesses close their doors for good.  Not to mention that you alienate yourself from towns that have banned the building of a Walmart. (Yes, they exist.) Yes, they did branch themselves out to other retailers eventually, but I fear it was too little too late.  Anyone will tell you to branch out to as many retailers as possible, as quickly as possible, or you miss out on sales.  Really, I don't know what the sales strategist was thinking here.

Another thing I feel hurt it was that there was NO Spanish option for the US release of the movie.  No audio or subtitles for those that speak Spanish.  With the US having such a large population, and 13% of them being native Spanish speakers, (As of 2015.) that's really not a number you want to ignore.  Also, don't go telling me that ALL or most of them can fluently speak English, my own testimony would prove you wrong.  I run into people who hardly speak English EVERY SINGLE DAY I work and I have to try and help them.  At least give a Spanish Captions Option.  It's the least you can do to get 13% of the US population to buy your movie.

These are the two main factors I feel caused more harm to the sales figures of the movie than the quality of it.  I will forever stand by that.
I agree that selling it at just Wal-Mart was a big mistake. I had actually complained about this before it was released.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah so With the failure of the movie universal is skeptical about making another Land Before Time movie.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
I think LBT XV will coincide with Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Universal which produces the JP/JW films will likely make another LBT if they think it will compliment JW: Fallen Kingdom and they see the market for Dinosaurs is expanding again.

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Are you sure? The sequels began with Jurassic Park and the fourteenth movie became a reality from Jurassic World so it's pretty likely.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah true I didn't think about that but you're right if Jurassic World 2 does welll then a 15 movie could happen

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
still doubt.
about Jurassic universe has some influence on LBT universe. гг

*puts skeptic glasses*

-----
<offtop>

Since letter to Mark Pudleiner succeeded (at least partly)... what if we try to contact with someone from stuff (including voice actors) of current Land Before Time franchise? ;)

I offered this in the same day when I offered to ask mr. Pudleiner. Who knows, maybe we will succeed. *rollseye*

[size0]And I would know truth about Shorty's absence. D:<
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So it's just a coincedence that LBT II and XIV came out a year after Jurassic Park and Jurassic World? I'm not sure.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I just have a bad feeling that Universal made too big of an own goal with the marketing of JOTB to even consider a 15th film. As for contacting the newer staff, I cannot see why we couldn't do that. The problem is, most of the animators have Korean names so I'm not sure if they can speak English. As for the other people, there's a chance they've made so much animation that they don't have a strong feeling for LBT anymore. Still, if we find someone's contact info, we can certainly try.  ;)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yeah I'm on board with finding out if they will do a 15th movie it would be awesome to know and finding out if it will happen

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jun 24 2017 on  10:48 PM
So it's just a coincedence that LBT II and XIV came out a year after Jurassic Park and Jurassic World? I'm not sure.
yep :p
6/14
0/26

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Concerning the Jurassic Park theory, the Youtuber LBT Squad said that if we aren't receiving any news from LBT 15 by next year's May, it's clear that LBT has been frozen for now. On the positive side, the LBT Facebook page just got the first LBT-related update for the first time in a year. Even if the message was just an announcement to get a discount for Despicable 3 in theaters, it's nice to see that the page hasn't been totally forgotten.  :)

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah okay cool thanks for the information on that. We don't need a new movie right away since we already got one

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
heh, I wonder is there at least liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittle chance that creators will talk with fanbase and hear our opinion about how to make movie better and good developed? *rollseye*

but we need to act from our side, like we do with contacts about first movie, srsl.  :rolleyes:

*hint hint hint hint*
6/14
0/26

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
That will never happen they make it the way they want to make it