The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 49008

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, neither Pudleiner nor Zondag has answered so I'd like to hear opinions about how to continue from here on. Should we find another original film's animator's (or some other filmmaker's) email address or should we try someone who worked on the sequels next? I'm open to any ideas.  :)

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I don't know about that... I can't advice in this question.

what I want to do s - contact someone from LBT14 stuff.  :neutral

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I don't know who to contact.

EDIT: Really don't know which thread this should go so I'll try this one here... found a pretty good article about the production of LBT 1 on DeviantArt. Some information seemed new to me. Here you go Click!
Click!
Inactive, probably forever.

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
I don't blame Don Bluth. He seemed pissed after the scenes were cut out. He really wanted the movie to be a true Bluth film, but I guess Spielberg didn't like that darker direction.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Thank your the link, Ducky! It's good to see the whole story in one text. Unless anyone (besides Snik) doesn't have any ideas, I can look for some information myself.

Edit: The LBT composer Michael Tavera could be a potential contact if we want to know about the overall production of the sequels and the music. Also, Arnold Taroy, the directing animator of JOTB seems to on Linkedin but I don't have an account to it. We could also look for more people of the original film. It sems we have a lot of options.  :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Could we contact Gary Goldman? He gave the information from the Pudleiner reply.
We could also ask Don Bluth, but I don't know if there's really anything new we can get out of him, he's already said the scenes were destroyed.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've already asked them twice via the Dragon's Lair campaign and I got no answer. I updated my previous post so you check that if you wish to see what I found.  :p

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, Michael Tavera! I want to ask him about the Tavera version of that theme we were talking about on the "Music and the LBT franchise - Preferences?" topic.
I know he had "Rescue Sequence" sharptooth theme at the end of LBT 10 because I KNOW I listened to it before on Israel Barber's old TwinSanityUniverse YouTube channel. I want to know what happened to that track, and the LBT 2 sharptooth theme, along with the complete LBT 3 sharptooth theme as well.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We can take a look at what we wish to know. Of course it would be great to hear about his times composing LBT, his own preferences about his work as well as if he knows anything of LBT 15.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oh god yeah, if LBT 15 is being made then he obviously must know something! He's the veteran LBT guy here, along with Jeff Bennett.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Indeed.  :) No matter what, I believe we get some hint about the topic if he answers. As for the other things, there's a chance he might know about the cut sequel scenes and about his own work. This time making the message should more complicated than before due to the wider range of the things we'd like to ask. Does anyone want to write message or is it again me?  Here's
Here's his site if you're interested.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm. I just considered it myself but, uh, I think you should do it. I don't have a wide enough volcabulary for this. :boohoo

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I could do that but do you still want me to announce everything (the message itself and its sending) here? The two last posts have reduced my wish to raise too much hype here.  :sducky I still want to continue this project but it seems like we shouldn't expect too much from it.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Whatever you wish, it's up to you.

Edit: Actually, we could make a new topic for asking about sequels and LBT XV.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't see the need for it yet but if Tavera does answer, the by all means.  :)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Alrighty then, I'll wait a couple days for you to make a message. Let's hope others read.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Jul 10 2017 on  10:40 PM
Edit: Actually, we could make a new topic for asking about sequels and LBT XV.
Why? We just could do everything in this single thread (Mods? Admins? Rename? Please?)

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Topic title has been renamed. I asked Rhombus and he changed the title to what I requested :)