The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Retro Gaming Convention

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thought I'd let all of you awesome people know that I will be going to a retro gaming convention on Saturday! Nintendo, Sega, Atari, Playstation, Arcade, Pinball, so much goodness! I am so hyped right now! I'll get to experience and play the actual consoles for the first time! In the words of Rainbow Dash, this is gonna be so awesome!

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

LBT90321

• Spike
    • View Profile
Its great to hear original video games.
Many people remember old games such as Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That sounds pretty sweet! A few years back I went to a video game symphony (Play! A Video Game Symphony if your curious) and they had old consoles set up in the foyer before it started. I got to show younger kids how it's done in Super Mario World by beating Bowser. Good times. Let us know how it goes!

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you, friends! From what I've seen when they were setting up the convention, I saw some pinball machines, such as Back to the Future, Terminator 2: Judgement Day, Creature from the Black Lagoon and many others, some arcade machines from 1970s to 2000s like Pac Man, Gradius, Daytona USA, Street Fighter III, and home consoles to play on TV's like the NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600 and many others. This will be an awesome experience!

When I come back, I'll let you all know how it went and what I played!

CybertronianBrony

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I am back! It was so much fun and an enjoyable experience! Played the actual consoles and machines like the NES, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Atari 2600, arcade cabinets, pinball machines and others! The convention also had some of the modern consoles, such as Playstation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U. I loved every single moment of it!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hey glad you had a good time! I grew up in the SNES/Genesis days and have had a fair amount of time playing on an NES (I actually feel half of it's fun is blowing into the cartridge and finally getting it to work) so it's nice to see younger people interested in these. I remember the city I grew up in had one arcade that I went to a few times and played on the arcade machines (I remember playing Mario Bros. and Pac Man for sure, can't remember others). Never played on an Atari or pinball machines though.

ADFan185

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Now you can use emulators and roms to play all of your video games witch is awesome. I also had a Nintendo and a Super Nintendo and others. Snes was way better in my opinion