The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Tell us something about yourself!

action9000 · 2437 · 154434

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
I have problems with writing.  I have no motor control with writing instruements and despite the various 'writing therapies'' that I've had over the years, it hasn't really helped my writing very much.

Apparently I have the fondness for wearing clothing on the inside out, basing on the actions of today (I've described it on the How are you feeling thread).

To be serious; I'm interested in ancient history...which I think might be obvious..

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I freely admit for my intelligence, sense of humor and creativity I can be very hateful, jealous and outright spiteful.

Interestingly I vary between friendly and not friendly dramatically, sometimes in a span of minutes.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I can hear things that most people can't, but I'm pretty sure that's common for several people with autism.

I have a rather explosive temper that can be pretty harsh if not kept under control. Also, I found the location of the Dead Sea on a globe by simply spinning it around. I even almost read an entire phonebook and made a call to someone until my mother took it away from me.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have a tendency to run into things, and since I usually move at a power-walk pace or faster, this often yields disaster :p.

For someone who can be so smart, like everybody else I am capable of doing some pretty stupid things.  For example, last year I learned why it's a bad idea to run through a house immediately after turning the lights off :rolleyes.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
^All people, even the most intelligent people in the world can do some pretty dumb things. :p So I wouldn't feel bad about it. :yes

My first computer was a '98 Toshiba. After that a dell, and now, a mac. :)

Blitz

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have a step aunt on my father's side of my family and baby step cousin on my mother's side who both come from Asia. My baby step cousin came from South Korea, and my step aunt came from Laos. In other words, I have a pretty diverse family.

Waluigifan

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://www.waluigi.de
My HP Pavillion dv6000 notebook is broken! After 3.5 years of great work and functionality, I have to say "goodbye" to my laptop. :cry

Fortunately I saved lots of money so I can buy a PC. I'll create my own PC, and it'll be a high-end PC, so I can edit HD-Videos properly.

By the way, I've never really saved money, this is the first time I saved lots of money.

Valeron

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I don't see the appeal of tight pants. They're uncomfortable.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I find that I could look at home anywhere, despite the fact that I am very smart and my family has lots of money.  Being a University student I've met a ton of people that are smarter then me, but I've also noticed that with great intellect comes a major lack of wisdom.

Even the smartest people can be surprisingly dumb sometimes.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
yes, even the greatest minds fail at some things. einstein, whom we regard as the symbol for unmitigated brillaice, was horrible at math..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I feel stupid almost constantly these days… :rolleyes

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have hot hands, so it takes quite a bit of work when I work with foods like chocolate.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I've been mistaken to be a conservative person because I can get quiet in social settings.

Nick22

• Administrator
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
the vending machine at my moms school gives out dollar coins as change, which both cool and a pain
 when I'm trying to get 4 quarters it gives me a dollar..
Winner of these:

Runner up for these:

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
When I was little, I could stand very cold temperatures. I even at one point went outside in a the snow with just a t-shirt and pants! :blink: And I didn't feel cold at all. :o

Nowadays, while I can stand colder temperatures then most other people, I definitely am smarter about protecting myself from heat and cold. :p

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Since starting university I am finally able to keep to a routine without any spontaenous sudden moments, that disrupt me.  

brekclub85

• Member+
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I recently overcame the fear of watching a particular movie I had for years.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
^
It is always good when you can overcome something that gives you a fear.  Unfortuantely I can't say the same, but well done.:)

I collect keyrings...

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I hate know it alls.. :p or rather people who rub their knowledge of something in your face purposely to show what "brilliant" people they are. :rolleyes:

Pangaea

• Member+
  • Cera
  • Contemplator of Deep Time
    • View Profile
I often worry about coming off as a know-it-all, because I find so much enjoyment in sharing information and trivia. :unsure: I also have a habit of correcting people who state “facts” that I know are mistaken.

Pronounced "pan-JEE-uh". Spelled with three A's. Represented by a Lystrosaurus.