The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Arthur

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Yes I like to watch Arthur and Fern is my favorite character  :)
Life Is Good

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Holy buckets.  I used to watch that show a long time ago when I was little (ages 7-8).  I don't still watch it, but maybe I'll go download it and watch some of it again for old time's sake.  The cartoon looks soooo old nowadays. :p

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: landbeforetimelover,Feb 23 2015 on  09:43 PM
Holy buckets.  I used to watch that show a long time ago when I was little (ages 7-8).  I don't still watch it, but maybe I'll go download it and watch some of it again for old time's sake.  The cartoon looks soooo old nowadays. :p
It's the 2nd longest running animated tv series. Started in 1996 and it's still growing strong.
Life Is Good

Littlefoot fan 1990

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://vitaniandkovulover.deviantart.com/
I still like to watch it and Arthur is one of my favorite characters. I first got into the show in 1996 with the first episode. There is nothing wrong with watching cartoons no matter how old a person gets.

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot fan 1990,Feb 23 2015 on  10:18 PM
I still like to watch it and Arthur is one of my favorite characters. I first got into the show in 1996 with the first episode. There is nothing wrong with watching cartoons no matter how old a person gets.
Very true. If is anyone wants to know why Fern is my favorite character it's because she loves poetry and so do I (sort of) and she's really pretty (for a cartoon character) especially with the ribbon she wears on her head.
Life Is Good

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I still watch it sometimes.  Also, they've created a character who has Asperger's, so I think it's great that they're increasing awareness and education of AS :).

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
They never aired the show here unfortunately, but I've known the characters since childhood due to a couple of Arthur games from the Living Books series that found their way to the first ever PC I've owned... And when I finally got access to the Internet I made an effort to find and watch the first few seasons (which even then weren't that hard to find)... Although she never appeared in any of the games I've seen as a kid, my favourite character is Sue Ellen. I like tomboys and she shares my love for travels. :)

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Does anyone else like Fern? Just really curious   :)
Life Is Good

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I do and I'm currently an admin for the Arthur Wiki. I'm essentially the only active veteran user from the site. I made my first edit on the site on December 10th, 2010, just eight days shy from my birthday.

I roamed the site a few times for a couple of months prior to making my first edit. I was surprised to not see a lot of characters from the show on the wiki.

After my debut, I changed that very quickly. Aside from all the obstacles that took place, the site has come a long way from what it was before. The show itself is on it's 18th season and will be going on into it's 19th.

http://arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Arthur_Wiki

chomperrules1993

• Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: MC CJ'S REVENGE,Feb 24 2015 on  01:53 AM
I do and I'm currently an admin for the Arthur Wiki. I'm essentially the only active veteran user from the site. I made my first edit on the site on December 10th, 2010, just eight days shy from my birthday.

I roamed the site a few times for a couple of months prior to making my first edit. I was surprised to not see a lot of characters from the show on the wiki.

After my debut, I changed that very quickly. Aside from all the obstacles that took place, the site has come a long way from what it was before. The show itself is on it's 18th season and will be going on into it's 19th.

http://arthur.wikia.com/wiki/Arthur_Wiki
Arthur must be really popular to have that many seasons and even if it wasn't it's still cool to me
Life Is Good

Dashaque

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Fun fact:  Arthur is the second longest running animated series in the US, second to the Simpsons.  

Alot of people don't like the newer character Ladana.. but her brother Bud is hilarious.  Usually I hate the DW focused episodes, but DW and Bud's Higher Purpose is one of my favorite episodes because Bud kept making me laugh in it.  

Arthur is a really amazing show that I admire so much for tackling the issues they do.  They even had lesbians on the spin off Post Cards from  Buster (which was later on banned -_-)

But yeah while most kids shows keep it safe with "Don't steal" and "Be nice to others" Arthur's done an episode on cancer, how to deal with trauma of seeing a disaster (this was in response to the 9/11 terrorist attacks, I mean wow how many kids shows did that?) and even what it's like to have aspergers.   It's truly an underrated show and even though a lot don't like the newer animation, I'd say the writing is just as strong as it is now as it was back in earlier seasons.

except for Arthur's big Hit, that was just terrible

MC CJ'S REVENGE

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I thought Ladonna's character was okay, though she is a motormouth. Of course we all have that one friend who is. Her trying to fit in with everyone in Elwood City was also a bit jumpy, but the gang has grown to like her. Bud has gained a lot of popularity and I like him as well.

Petrie

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
I've really only watched one episode of Arthur and I did when I was much older because it was so funny...The Bleep Episode. ;)  I don't know if they actually show that one on network TV.  Shows you how tame the show is.  I hear kids younger than Arthur's age speaking like that more often than I want to say I do. :neutral

I love Jelly Otter

• Chomper
    • View Profile
I saw a coupe of episodes but couldn't get interested in the show due to "disturbing" (or any other better word) characters' design...  UGH!

Midnight

• Freaking Rawr!
  • Member+
  • Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://icedragonnet.blogspot.com.ar/
I tried to watch it once... it didn't win me over.

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I'm watching it now, found it on YouTube without looking. Remembered it being mentioned on here and watched it.

Suddenly memories, it has been nearly 10 years now since I watched this show. When I was 7 or 8 I would watch it everyday after school.

I didn't realize it back then but now, I find it kinda odd how the characters are all animals and they have animals as pets..like some of the characters are dogs and they have pet dogs..weird...

Is it really on it's 19th Season? I was 4 months old when the first episode of the first season aired..I feel old now..though no doubt some of you feel a lot older then I do...no offence.

DarkHououmon

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://bluedramon.deviantart.com
I don't watch it, personally. I've seen it off and on, but it's not something I watch regularly.