The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Fanart Prompt Challenge Discussion

Ducky123 · 455 · 55889

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I haven't seen much intention to participate in this prompt then from the people who already have submitted, but as a formality I'll send out a reminder that this fanart prompt only has one week left!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Well March has arrived, which means a new fanart prompt to go along with it! This time we're leaning into the April Fools' feeling for the prompt:

Mar/Apr: LBT Meme: Come up with or convert an existing meme into a LBT one!

I could see this one being very fun to see the results. You can either modify and existing meme format into an LBT one or create an entirely new one based off of any cliche or trope the series/characters have to offer! Would like to give a reminder though that the fanart prompts are for improving your own artistic ability in some way, so I don't think just putting in text on a ripped image would count as a submission.

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
This will be the first time I have submitted a fan art prompt.

I decided to tweak a famous Jurassic Park meme/ scene.

I ability to cut and paste is limited with the device I have.

What I was going for was to make Ian run from a Yellowbelly,  I chose Doofah.

The joke is that many fans i would like to “run faster” and away from 13th installment of the LBT franchise, but more importantly I think it is hilarious how Doofah’s head feathers altered Rexy’s head.

Beware of the Doofahasaurus Rex! XD

Its vision is based on silliness. :D
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 10:27:19 PM by Gentle Sharptooth »

“The Past is Gone..” -Dream On, Aerosmith

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Double post.

Mumbling

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Cool Gentle! Could you make your own topic for this? :)

I'm afraid it won't count as a prompt submission though. We really want people to draw or create art, rather than edit screenshots! ^^
« Last Edit: March 27, 2021, 10:25:07 AM by Mumbling »

Gentle Sharptooth

• Sharplord
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Captive of Grief
    • View Profile
Sure thing, I just put it in my Artwork thread.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Completely forgot to send out a reminder that the current fanart prompt to create a LBT meme is still going and the deadline is the end of the month. I'm hoping to get something quick done now that homework is wrapping up for the semester.

Hopefully we can get more submissions then just Mumbling and myself this time?  :rhett_smile

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Just a little over one week left. No other takers for the prompt? Was hoping to see some more wacky memes  :rhett_sad

I got something quick that I should have finished before the deadline.

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
I've been meaning to try and submit something for this one so I'll give it a shot :OhYou

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
That would be great if you did! The deadline is the end of this month though so hopefully you won't be pressed for time?

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Forgot that it's a new month and with it a new fanart prompt!

May/June: Unlikely Encounter: Draw two or more characters who were never shown interacting in official canon (or did so only minimally). How would these characters interact if they met each other?
Or
Come up with something ridiculous and/or random that the characters are doing; something you'd probably never see them doing in the official series.

Hopefully more people will be able to join in on this one?

Mouse-a-saur

• A Winchesterian Paradox
  • Member+
  • Petrie
  • Supernaturally Yours
    • View Profile
Now this one I've got to do since I ran out of time on the last one  :rhett_ohsnap

~*And I'm something called a Jared Padalecki*~

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Would love to see what you come up with!

If you started on the previous one feel free to finish it as well if you want, even if you won't get the participation for it. Up to you though of course.  :rhett_smile

Goldenwind

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I am interested!  :Mo I could use this as a chance for some funny shenanigans!  :lol

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
A reminder that we're half way through the current prompt:
May/June: Unlikely Encounter: Draw two or more characters who were never shown interacting in official canon (or did so only minimally). How would these characters interact if they met each other?
Or
Come up with something ridiculous and/or random that the characters are doing; something you'd probably never see them doing in the official series.

It's great to see two new people have already submitted something for this prompt. Hopefully we can get a couple more as well! This includes getting my own butt in gear  :PLoofah

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
We are now at the one week mark before the deadline! I'm working on finishing mine up and should have it done before the week is over.

Also thanks to Goldenwind and The Mr. E for participating in this current prompt so far!

The Mr E

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
Also thanks to Goldenwind and The Mr. E for participating in this current prompt so far!

You're welcome @Flathead770.  Thanks for featuring my work!

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
The year is now halfway done, which means the start of a new prompt!

July/Aug: Epic Fail!: Draw a character or characters of your choice as they experience a moment they'd rather forget. Whether tripping over a root in front of everyone or being caught doing something embarrassing, nobody is safe from the occasional fail!

I'm sure there's a lot of ways to get creative with this one!  :rhett_smile

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
Hey all!

So, when exactly is the next drawing prompt?

I'm interested in joining, but I'm still wondering if its actually still a thing.
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0

StardustSoldier

• Bestest Friends
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • Ian's Corner - My personal review blog
Yep, it is indeed still a thing! :DD

Our current prompt is for July & August.

Epic Fail!: Draw a character or characters of your choice as they experience a moment they'd rather forget. Whether tripping over a root in front of everyone or being caught doing something embarrassing, nobody is safe from the occasional fail!

If you're unable to make that one though, there'll be another for September & October.