The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Which voice for Cera do you prefer ?

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
NOTE. I've redone this topic as a poll. http://z7.invisionfree.com/thegangoffive/i...showtopic=13087
Ok this is actually my first topic I done on the general LBT page.
Anyway this is a topic for Cera fans such as myself, which voice for Cera do you like most, Candace Hutson (LBT 1 to 4) or Anndi McAfee? (LBT 5 right till the TV show)

Personally I've always preferred Candace Hutson, I think  her voice for Cera suited her well and actually sounded like a tough little tomboyish girl.
Also I was surprised when I found out she came back for the first 3 sequels 6 years after the 1st film.

Anndi McAfee's Cera voice however I've never been too keen on...
Her voice for Cera sounds like a stereotypical moody teenager.
Also Anndi's Cera voice kinda down-graded Cera's cute factor for me....
I think they should have re-cast her after a while.undefined

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, I prefer Anndi's voice. You're right by saying that Cera lost some of her cuteness due to this change but my point is that the sarcasm Cera uses quite often (especially in LBT 12 I think) sounds just more sarcastic spoken by Anndi :)
I generally like both voices though :yes
Inactive, probably forever.

The Anonymous Person

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • Guess who back? Back again?
    • View Profile
(This topic looks more like a poll to me, BTW)

A difficult decision, but I will have to go with Anndi McAfee's voice. Candace Hutson seemed to be the right kind of person to play a bratty girl triceratops at the time of the first movie, and it was nice to see her come back for the first few sequels, but, despite the fact that McAfee is a couple years older than Ms. Hutson, it still doesn't stop her from playing the character that is Cera at an incredible rate. However, Cera might indeed need to be re-cast if, by some crazy miracle, a new movie ends up in the works, but of course, the chances of that are unlikely.

Either way, though, I like both voices as well.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I like both voices as well, but I must say that I slightly prefer Anndi McAfee.  As Ducky pointed out, her voice seems to enhance the sarcasm that Cera uses quite often.

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: The Anonymous Person,Dec 30 2013 on  03:58 PM
(This topic looks more like a poll to me, BTW)

A difficult decision, but I will have to go with Anndi McAfee's voice. Candace Hutson seemed to be the right kind of person to play a bratty girl triceratops at the time of the first movie, and it was nice to see her come back for the first few sequels, but, despite the fact that McAfee is a couple years older than Ms. Hutson, it still doesn't stop her from playing the character that is Cera at an incredible rate. However, Cera might indeed need to be re-cast if, by some crazy miracle, a new movie ends up in the works, but of course, the chances of that are unlikely.

Either way, though, I like both voices as well.
Argh crap, it should be a poll? Thing is I'm still quite new to this site so I'm not always sure where to post certain things....

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
^You'll get used to it eventually :) I remember being like *omg I hope this is right* when I first posted here :lol

For the future, if you create a thread where you ask for opinions (Candace Hudson or Anndi McAfee in this case), it might be better to do a poll :)
Inactive, probably forever.