The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Heroes & Villains

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I was actually unsure if everyone were already busy on other threads and elsewhere, so I'm not entirely optimistic of this starting off immediately.  But it's worth a shot.

For a thread of heroes and villains, here is the set-up and rules:

* Each player can create one superhero, and can have sidekicks, or a team of up to five heroes, but NOT a medley of superheroes (Justice League of America is a medley, Road Rovers is a specific team, i.e.)

* Each player can create up to 3 supervillains, each can have sidekicks/lackeys and armies.  Anti-heroes or questionable alliance characters fit here.

* There are no limits to supporting characters and neutral characters.  Supporters include assistants, mechanics, and others not naturally actively fighting alongside the heroes.

* Heroes and villains from comics, tv shows, & cartoons are available and open (unless a character is needed for a specific plot, then it can be reserved for a player)

* The plot and sub-plots don't have to be serious.  Players can be melodramatic as they wish.

* The typical setting for the story is a metropolis city called Sky City, but players are not restricted to Sky City.

* Character profiles are set up as this:

Hero/Villain Name
Real Name
Species
Occupation
Skills/Powers
Weapons/Equipment
Description
Personality
Brief History

Now let's see if anyone's available and interested.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
I'll start off with my list of characters:

Hero Name:  Knightwolf
Species:  Anthropomorphic Wolf
Skills/Powers:  Increased strength, speed, agility, & natural senses, trained in Japanese martial arts
Weapons/Equipment:  Laser handgun w/ different settings, gauntlets w/ translucent energy shield, communications, stun & flare grenades, and scanners, helmet w/ visor capable of seeing in various visions
Description:  Silver fur w/ paler underside, sky blue eyes, 6'3", athletic build, digigrade legs, silver, white, & blue futuristic armor covering torso, forearms, & legs, helmet allowing freedom of movement of ears & muzzle
Personality:  Heroic, noble, protective, courteous, more casual with the Knight siblings, sometimes quite clumsy at the shop, hates evil.  When in costume, he is cherished and praised by all, but when not in costume, he gets frustrated in public trying to convince the populace that he's not some kind of werewolf.
Brief History:  Knightwolf was a test experiment of Professor Julian Knight, and was undergoing final preparations when the professor vanished, leaving his children Alyssa and Eric to finish the job as best as they could.  Fitted with equipment and programmed training, Knightwolf is set to protect Sky City from the forces of evil.

Hero Name:  Watchdog
Species:  Cardigan Welsh Corgi
Skills/Powers:  Because of his small stature, he can fit into places most others can't.  Other than that, he's not very proficient with anything.
Weapons/Equipment:  Various, when provided
Description:  Blue Merle fur w/ white underside, paws, & muzzle, brown eyes, 4'5", healthy build, plantigrade legs, blue jumpsuit w/ armor covering torso, forearms, & legs
Personality:  Lazy, melodramatic, easily jealous of Knightwolf, clumsy, not as bright
Brief History:  Watchdog was an accident when Ticker stumbled into an old malfunctioning experiment set aside, changing him to be more human.  While trying to change him back, the Knight family decided to make him useful until then, having him as Knightwolf's sidekick.

Species:  Human
Skills/Powers:  Mechanics and technology, Brazilian & French martial arts
Weapons/Equipment:  Laser handgun w/ different settings, retractable iron staff, turbo-powered cycle w/ automatic laser cannons, mortar style launcher for various projectiles, & sidecar
Description:  Caucasian, dark hair, gray eyes, 5'10", agile build.  Normally wears casual.  But when in action, he wears a futuristic motorcycle racing suit & helmet w/ tinted visor.
Personality:  Often laid-back, but not lazy, quick-thinking in action.  Even though he doesn't show it as much, he's hoping he could find his father.
Brief History:  Eric took half the job of managing Team Knightwolf when his father disappeared.  Though mainly a supporter, he does occasionally enters the field with Knightwolf, but stays back to observe and relay information.

Skills/Powers:  Computer technology, sharpshooting
Weapons/Equipment:  Portable electronic computer pad, handgun w/ different settings, can fire an array of weapons
Description:  Caucasian, dark hair w/ gold highlights, greenish eyes, 5'9", agile build, casual clothes
Personality:  Observant, nearly perfectionist, more openly eager to find her father
Brief History:  Alyssa was charged in finishing the Knightwolf project after her father vanished.  Since then, she relays data for Knightwolf in the field, and sometimes focuses over clues to her father's disappearance.

Skills/Powers:  Mechanical & military knowledge
Weapons/Equipment:  None, but proficient in firearms due to military service
Description:  Black, black hair, brown eyes, 6', healthy build, casual clothes
Personality:  Good-nature, wise, loves to tell war stories, doesn't really want to know the work of Team Knightwolf, but knows it had something to do with his dog Ticker becoming Watchdog, likes making Ticker work in the shop, and finds Wolfie helpful, protective of Team Knightwolf's secret
Brief History:  Since his retirement from the military (he won't tell which branch), he opened up a mechanic's shop that services vehicles of all kinds, including planes and military.

Team Knightwolf Info:  Base of operations is based underneath a mechanic shop near the urban section of the city, with multiple entrances across the city.

Villain Name:  Blackguard
Species:  Wolf
Skills/Powers:  Increased strength, speed, & senses, perhaps surpassing Knightwolf
Weapons/Equipment:  Bladed gauntlet
Description:  Black fur, glowing yellow eyes, 6'4", muscular build, digigrade legs, red leather sleeveless shirt & pants
Personality:  Cruel, insane, delusional, hates Knightwolf with a vengeance, believes by killing Knightwolf he could be the hero of the Knight family, can't be trusted by other villains
Brief History:  Very little is known about Blackguard's past.  Only rumors suggest he is very closely connected with the Knightwolf project.

Villain Name:  The Core
Species:  Computer network
Skills/Powers:  Hacking into any grounded and wireless computer system in the world, limited due to advanced defensive systems in some networks used by superheroes, using controlled factories to manufacture weapons, vehicles, & equipment for arms dealing, commands mercenary hackers, henchmen, & combat robots, may also be involved in genetic experimentation
Weapons/Equipment:  Various advanced weaponry, mainly for defensive purposes
Description:  When on screen of any visual system, the Core appears as a glowing green symbol of a cat's eye surrounded by tribal rose thorns
Personality:  Cold, ruthless, highly intelligent with an ego to match
Brief History:  Little is known about the Core's origin, but rumors suggest it was behind Professor Knight's disappearance.

Skills/Powers:  Acrobatics, martial arts, proficiency with knives
Weapons/Equipment:  Currently none
Description:  Caucasian, blonde hair, sea green eyes, 5'9", agile build, black prison uniform & straight jacket, white tennis shoes
Personality:  Dark, cold, very little speech, either an intense stare or aloof look
Brief History:  When 13 years old, Max watched his family murdered by a gang of thugs, and was forced to escape.  For 10 years, Max readied himself to hunt the murderers, now leading members of organized crime.  He had killed three of his targets, and anyone else that got in his way.  He was later caught after he killed a corrupt police officer and was deemed insane.  3 years after, he currently resides in Arkham Asylum, suspended in a padded cell.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting. Could you tell more about Sky City and races (since your heroes are not only humans I assume that there live more races than one).
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Good questions, and I guess the main base tech level is similar to this world.  Any other restrictions you've thought of since then, or things you'd like to see, not see?

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Sky City is simply just like any major city, including the fictional Gotham City and Metropolis.  One thing about Sky City for sure is that it's ocean-side, or next to the ocean (not sure which ocean, though).  The majority of the population are human, but because of all the alien and non-human superheroes around, everyone sort-of grew accustomed to non-humans.

Technology is near-future, with more advanced space travel (limited with Earth), and there are occasional visitations from other planets.  Alternate dimensional travel, however, is out at this time, since this RPG needs to mature before that becomes an option.

Any other questions?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Bricks and gadeteers are acceptible.  I just didn't know what they were until Kor explained it to me.

Also, there doesn't have to be a specific main plot in the beginning, and there can be sub-plots at any time.  I know my first sub-plot is my anti-hero breaking out of Arkham Asylum.  We can discuss when our characters would end up working together for a common goal.