The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Pets

Saft · 26 · 3146

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Couldn't find a thread to this, so I hope it's alright to do this.  I'm slightly bored and would like to see the statistical percentages of how many species people own....

(This is just for fun)

I think we all know what type of species of pet I have. :)

[Edit:]Apologises but the poll is only single choice, didn't change the button to multi.  Sorry about that.  If you have more than one pet just select one pet then write the rest of them down in a post...

Lillefot

• Cera
    • View Profile
Then  I have to select dog, and write the rest of my zoo down here.  :p
I have the following pets:

3 dogs (2 Golden Retreivers, 1 Chihuahua)
1 cat
1 horse
1 tortoise

And just at the time, these are really not my pets since we're going to sell them:

2 Golden Retreiver puppies
2 Chihuahua puppies

We used to have 3 guinea pigs and another cat. :rolleyes:

Please don't ask how we manage!  :lol
Do well. Live well. And dress very well.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I have a cat, for those who don't know.  His name is Mozart.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Wonderful, I'll not ask you how you manage but it must be alot of work.  I have only one cat and he needs constant attention for nearly all day.

Again, I'm sorry that I didn't select multi-choice.  Mistake on my part.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
There is one pet thread including pictures of pets, but it is easy to miss. I used to have a budgerigar, but he died on my 23rd birthday :cry2
Birds are missing in the pol.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ah, I didn't see that.  

(As to birds being missed out on the poll):  Yes, I realised that after I posted....

Atleast I had the common sense to put 'Other' on.  Oh, well mistakes happen that is why they put erasers on pencils (/Joke).

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
I remember that Malte, and I'm sorry about your pet. :( *hugs*

Let's see...as for me I have a two year old fluffy black cat who likes to chew and hit things. xD His name is Gypsy Cosmo. He has a bunch of nicknames: fluffykins, Gips, little black kitty(a really funny joke considering Gypsy's size), stretchykins(because he stretches just any other cat), and baby.

Funcat, the old man, a 13 year old short haired tabby. He had him ever since I was four, (hence the odd name xD). I am a bit worried for his health though. He's not as strong as he used to be and his thyroid was what was causing him the most trouble. He has grown some weight back from the days he didn't eat, so that's a good thing. :) He cries and meows like a Siamese, so he's definitely a mixed breed of an American short haired tabby and a Siamese. I'm guessing that's what he is anyway.
His nicknames include: fuzzykins, jerky(when he meows repeatedly and I go, 'what's your beef jerky?'), and baby.

I don't have a rat though, despite my username, I would love to get a Dumbo rat though whenever I can, I love the ears. xD

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Currently I have a dog named Zoey and some fish. :)

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
We used to have two cats and two dogs, but now we just have a cat. His name is Black Kitty :p He's as old as the hills, been around for forever. Kind of an adopted stray, and I love him to death. Our other cat's name was Little Fuzzy Foo Foo, another adopted stray who we had for forever. We had to get her put down though, due to a horrible eye problem. I'm just glad she had a good life.
Dogs were Jasmine and Maddie, two gorgeous Tricolor Bluetick Beagles, though we think Maddie was part Coonhound.

Saft

• Ducky
    • View Profile
It is very sad when pets die.  I grieve for them, unlike I do for people ie when grandmother died didn't er...care that she had gone.  

Previous pets:
Fish
Rabbit (Thumper died of a stroke)
Cockateil named wings
Mouse named Mickey (he's mine)
tortoise named Munchie
Now we have a Mozart and a Hamster named Meeko, however the hamster is my sister's and thus I don't count the hamster as one of my pets.  Mozart may be the family's pet but he's more my cat.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
I have one Golden Retriever named Lucky, which is kind of ironic because he gets put in many unlucky situations most of the time :blink:

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile

Coyote_A

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/CoyoteMao
I've got two dogs, two cats and a hamster. My flat always was a zoo. :)

Compy-Rex

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have a goldfish I won at a fair named Jorge. Surprisingly(and happily), he's almost 3 years old!

raga

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I have a dog named Buddy, hes a cocker poo which is a mix between a cocker spanial and a poodle, and a cat named Tiger, shes and adopted stray that just kinda showed up in our backyard one day and never left.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I don't keep the cats but I treat them like my pets.

f-22 "raptor" ace

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Aww, I feel bad for you. A pet is a great stress relief. My dog, on the other hand, is a pain with constant barking. I personally want a snake, because snakes RULE!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I voted dog, but I also have two birds.  I have two Cocker Spaniels.  The older one, Sir Maxwell aka Max, is a buff-shaded eight year-old English Cocker Spaniel.  Pepper, who is a black American Cocker Spaniel with white on his front toes and a white spot on his chest, is seven months old and is a handful :lol.  One of my birds is Howard, a three year-old African Grey parrot.  He's a talker and is very verbal :lol.  My other bird, Gus, is a cockatiel (age unknown 'cuz he's adopted).  He just likes to stand in front of a large mirror (the kind ya hang on the back of your bedroom door) and check himself out while whistling like how a guy whistles to a sexy lady :lol.  I would love to have a cat but my mother's allergic so that won't happen yet.

RainbowGirl 39

• Member+
  • Chomper
    • View Profile
I have two fish 1 cat and 1 rabbit