The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Summoners

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
"I'm Tai," the Goth replied, and looked down to see that the newcomer also carries a Summon Band.  It seemed like coincidence to meet more than one in one place, but this many had to have something more...

----------

Soon enough, some of the guards were getting fed up in finding this elusive thief, a few of which finally gave up the search...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"You may call me Skorn" the Reaper replied back to Willow, giving her a rather small nod as well.  He looked at Willow, looking at her Summon Band "I see that you're a Summoner...." he paused for a second, looking to Tai as well, seeing that he too noticed it.

Luna on the other hand, had decided to leave Willow alone, allowing her to make some friends while she on the other hand, started to head off away from the groups that were present.

Meanwhile, Zoe had managed to sucessfully evade the guard as she brushed some hair out of her face in the process, to which she chuckled a little to herself "Too easy...." she smirked to herself as she slipped away into a nearby alleyway to look at the ring she had stolen earlier on "And all that just for a ring?  I have to say, they were on it today....but not good enough I'm afraid"

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"So are you. I saw your effort at trying to catch that thief." hare said, looking at Skorn, pulling her coat to hide her Summon Band. No need for more people to notice she was Summoner. "Quite impressive I must say. Do you always chase them? Thieves, I mean."

Unknown to Zoe, she was observed the whole time by a thing, which at that moment sat at the edge of rooftop above the alleyway. This thing was a dog-like robot, which had no face but just single black eye. That eye was watching Zoe intently. Suddenly, it jumped off the roof and dropped down to the ground, without making much noise...
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Unknown to Kyle and Ellen, they were being watched by a few individual Terrans, who began to tail them from a distance.  They remained within the moving crowds to keep from being watched...

----------

Pretty sure the young Goth was out of this conversation as well, Tai decided to walk the city.  "I'll be seeing you guys later then," he said to the Reaper and Hare before heading off down a street, apparently heading in the same general direction as where Kyle and Ellen went...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Skorn looked over to Tai for a second and gave him a nod, deciding not to stop him as he looked back to Willow to answer her question "Not usually, however, if I do see one stealing, I would at least attempt to interviene....and do not get me wrong either, I would usually not attack another, unless it was in self-defence, and as you were probabally well aware of, that had turned into more, self-defence related"

Zoe's head darted for a second, believing that she heard a noise, but saw nothing around.  However, she did decide to put the ring back into her pocket and started to walk off, deciding it was best to not stay in place for too long.

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"Aaawww, Ellen, you never stop and meet new people," Kyle pouted as soon as they were away from the group.

"Why get to know someone when you're just going to move on anyway?" Ellen asked, glancing back to make sure the Reaper hadn't followed them. "Besides he was annoying."

"You think everyone's annoying," Kyle pointed out bluntly.

They walked in silence for a few seconds before Kyle spoke again.

"So where are we going?"

The fur exhaled and glanced around. They still needed money, which meant finding a good place to perform. Preferrably a crowd of people with loose change and the heart to hand some of it over to the poorer. Years of running around with Kyle had helped teach her what to look for.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
The next place Ellen and Kyle would reach is a massive square, with three large running fountains lining the center and connected to each other via a small viaduct.  Shops lined the outer border of the buildings, with occasional kiosks and street performers within the space.  The politician's home is at the center of one side overlooking the square, and an inn sits on the opposite end's corner, the pathway leading by this inn reaches the main center of the city in no more than a mile...

One of the Terrans following the duo stopped to see a young Goth, the one talking with the Summoners before, and waited for him to pass, before starting to tail him instead...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Willow waved her hand and say goodbye to Tai. After Skorn ended answering her question, she said:

"Tell me, Skorn... Are you new in this city? I mean... Are you here long enough to hear about some job offerings?"

The robot called after Zoe with cold, mechanical voice:

"Stop, please! I have a message for you, Goth..."
Pessimist sees a dark tunnel. Optimist sees a light in the tunnel. Realist sees the light of coming train. And a driver sees three idiots standing on the track.

"My heart has joined the thousand, for my friend stopped running today." - Watership Down by Richard Adams.

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"New?" Skorn let off a light sounding chuckle "Not as such, I do vist now and then, however, as for job offerings, only the usual going ons such as, merchants wanting hands, perhaps the Imperial Guard here are looking for new recruits, all hard to say....but I take it that you are searching for a job?"

Zoe stopped for a second as she heard a voice call out to her and turn on her toes, quickly swinging at the robot with her metal claws, missing him by inches, to which she glared at the robot as it mentioned a message "What kind of message?"

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Tai soon reached the massive square, and was awe struck by the brightness of the place.  He walked down the open spaces, watching dealers of the kiosks selling their hand-created works to street performers singing and dancing for charity...

The Terran following him stopped as he reached the square as well, there were more guards than he cared for, and had to watch from a distance to avoid any suspicion...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"You guessed right." Willow said with a friendly smile "I do it most of the time, since I don't take any regular job offers. I like to be able to move on when I want to, you see..."

"My Owner is looking to hire someone, who would be able to 'acquire' some things from other person." the robot said, not changing it's voice's tone at all "If you're interested, I can guide you to my Owner, who will explain details of this work to you."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe stopped for a moment "That all depends....what do I get in return for helping out....if I decide to that is, hmm?" she asked the robot, arching an eyebrow slightly as she folded her arms as well, watching it carefully.

Skorn gave a nod back to Willow "Fair enough, however, I am afraid that, other than all the regular jobs around, I do not know of anything that would catch your fancy as one would put it..."

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Money. That's what my Owner usually offers for accomplished mission. In local currency or other. I can't say how much you will get, that belongs to my Owner." dog-like robot said, tilting his head to one side, as if it wanted to look at Zoe from another angle "Observation: 99.7% of those who had worked for my Owner and succeeded at their work, didn't regret that cooperation."

"Then I will have to look around the market..." Willow said with a slight shrug. She had not expected much from this conversation, but it didn't hurt to ask "It was nice to talk with you. Maybe we will meet again in the evening at Victory Square. There is a rumor, that some Tedisian's aristocrat payed a lot of gold to make it so, that this year's celebration would be remembered for ages" hare again shrugged "I don't know how much truth is in that one. Some of local people can have very wild imagination."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Zoe just gave off a smal shrug back "Well, I suppose if money is involved....then I suppose it wouldn't hurt to at least ask your owner on what it is that he wants aquired....and then I guess, negotiate a good payment from there" she looked at the robot for a second "Lead the way rustbucket...."

"Seems like it wont hurt to check it out, so sure, I shall meet you there later on this evening....unless of course, something else, unexpected does come up which would prevent my appearance there" Skorn paused for a second, taking a looking around "And that other friend of yours....the female....seems like she's gone...." it was something else he had noted that Luna, who was with Willow earlier on, was nowhere tyo be seen at the moment.

Luna in turn, had left the general area where she had met Willow and was now, elsewhere in the city, sitting down underneath a tree and looking up at the sky, glancing at the branches of the tree as she watched them rustle away in the wind, to which she ran her fingers through her "hair" as she smiled lightly to herself, enjoying the peace and quite she had at the moment.

Although, she still did have regrets about not joining Willow in meeting the Reaper, but of course, she had so far, just shrugged it all off as she sat there quietly.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
It took a while for Tai to reach the inn across the square, and entered into the bar.  It was quick for him and the Terran bartender to noticed each other, and the Goth approached the counter.

"Haven't seen you around, stranger," the bartender said, gesturing the rather large pack on Tai's back.  "A long distance, I presume."

Tai removed his pack and set on the bar.  "Yep, and my arms are tired..."

The Terran simply smirked.  "Heard that one before.  And some of them from flying Furs, too.  So, what can I get you?"

"A room for one night and a phone call."  Tai pulled some money from a belt pouch and placed it in front of him.

The Terran picked up the amount he needed and pushed the change back, then pulled a keychain from behind him.  "Your room will have a shower room, and someone's in the booth already.  So if you wait long enough, you'll get your phone call."

Tai takes back the rest of his money.  "Thanks."

Drake

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"This looks as good a place as any," Kyle said, glancing around the square. "All right, which character should I use?"

Ellen sighed, letting her pack slip off her shoulders. She leaned down and removed the tambourine from it. Her eyes lingered a moment on the pair of swords in the pack. She hoped not to use them, but she had a bad feeling.

"Let's be careful--."

She paused as she spotted the skeleton in the black and white stripped tux with a bat-shaped bow tie. Jack Skellington raised his arms and proclaimed in a loud voice. "Come one, come all. Prepare to be amazed. Thrilled. Terrified!"

The ratel slapped a palm to her face. That bonehead had such a one track mind.

"Watch and listen as our ensemble preforms. For this night only," the Summon continued.

Please don't freak out, please don't freak out, Ellen thought at the crowd. The skeleton man had already alarmed quite a few villages...

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
"Alright, but let me turn my disguise on." robot said. Suddenly, it seemed like an air waved around this machine and then... Poof! Where there was a dog-like robot, an actuall dog stood. It was a brown-furred and big, but also agile.

"Follow me now, please, but when we are amongs people, pretend that I am your pet." dog said, it's tail swinging "As a robot or a talking dog, as the case might be, I would attract too much attention in these parts and that's the last thing my Owner wants." It then started to walk, expecting Zoe to follow...

Willow looked in direction Luna had gone, before speaking "Indeed. I think she has to see to her own matters."

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Well duh...." Zoe muttered to herself so that the dog could not hear her as she silently followed said dog off into the crowds, muttering to herself even more "This better be worth it in the end...."

"Yes, either that....or she seemed to be concerned about something...." Skorn then gave off a light shrug and gave off a bit of a laugh as well, placing a hand onto Willow's shoulder "I shall see you a bit later on then....I too have matters I should attend to" he told her and then simply walked off, leaving her be for the time being.

Myrkin

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The dog guided Zoe through few alleys and streets and then through square to small inn. It stopped before the entrance, turned to Zoe and whispered in a way that no-one else could hear the fake dog:

"The owner of this building wouldn't let any dog in, so I will have to take another route. You, however, can go straight in. Just ask the bartender of the Terran called Alex and he should show you the right room..."

"See you later" Willow said to Skorn and when he had left she wondered where to go from here? Maybe she will find some job to do around the market, hopefully. She walked in direction Luna had taken earlier. It was as good as any other and she might stumble across brown Vixen. Willow would not have anything against meeting her again, as she was the only Fur hare knew here personally (as short as this acquaintance was)...

MrDrake

• Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Alex?" Zoe asked, arching an eyebrow, however, the dog was already gone as Zoe shrugged a little and headed inside.  She approached the counter and spoke up to the bartender "I'm here to see a fella named Alex"

The bartneder looked at Zoe for a moment before moving away from his post in order to show Zoe to where Alex's room was.

Soon Luna gave off a stetch as she stood up from where she was and started to walk off again.  The rest she had was rather nice indeed, however, she knew she could not sit there all day long, nor did she really want to either.

She started to make her way back through the crowds once again, her mind a little preoccupied at the moment as it didn't take long for her to bump into someone....that someone being who she had met before, Willow.

Luna looked at who she had bumped into and immediatly stopped for a second, giving off a bit of a smjile "Hey, it's you again, um....Wilow was it? I can't remember....I'm terrible at names...."

She paused for a second before speaking once more "Sorry about taking off before....I uh, I just didn't really want to meet others....it's something I'm not good at doing, and that Reaper seemed a bit....intimidating...."