The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Ask Ducky123, if you want :)

Ducky123 · 224 · 22181

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I'd want to be a Fastbiter. They are... for some reason I like them :yes Their hunting strategy (hunting in packs) is really cool and they are pretty fast. Working in a team would be lots of fun.
Inactive, probably forever.

LoyfeCycleProtector

• Petrie
    • View Profile
You know those things you'd really like to be good at but just... aren't? Something you're bad at but still keep trying it simply because you're drawn to it?
Do you have something you wish you were better at?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Yes, there are quite a few things TBH  :angel
  • Drawing (would love to have the skill to animate)
  • Playing the piano
  • Ehh, getting girls to like me :p
  • Could use some more writing skills ( though I can't complain about my current level of skill :angel)
  • English (well, mainly speaking english is the issue :smile)
Good question  :exactly

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just for fun, here is a question based upon the events in my fanfiction:

If you were the gang, what wish would you make on the "Stone of Cold Fire"?  Or would you decide to leave the stone alone and not make a wish?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, (from MY point of view): the outcut scenes.
Now to the Gang: No arguments, hatred and lying anymore. I think they'd be quite possible to come up with something like that :)

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Ducky123,Jan 9 2014 on  01:59 PM
My holidays are not yet over but I can already tell they've been great.

I'm really excited to answer that one :DD
Writing: I love writing love scenes (kept in an appropriate, T-rated, setting of course). Just some random dialogue is also nice because, mostly, I come up with great ideas as I write them. The most difficult kind of situations are fights. I haven't used this too much in my fics yet though, when I was writing yesterday, I wrote such a dark bit (a rather brutal fight) that I had to ask people whether I should do it the dark way or leave out the descriptive and violent parts... I was amazed how... well it came out and I can't wait to upload that chapter (only 20 other to upload first meh :p)
While I'm at it, I'll publish my second fic on Monday, the Prologue might come even earlier... :angel
I think you can guess which character I like most to write about ;)

Drawing: Before I start, I have to announce there is some new art coming soon :smile
I like to draw Ducky, obviously, but lately, doing a sort of project (that doesn't go too well, sadly), I discovered that Petrie is fairly easy to draw... I so much would love to be able to draw pictures for animation or at least to be able to draw them without reference... I'm aware of the fact that practise and patience is the key but for both I have hardly time on school days :rolleyes

Whatever... :DD Thanks for the question, Strut!
Interesting! :DD I don't feel I've been inclined to writing lovey-lovey stuff. I mean, I love a good heartthrob as much as the next hopeless romantic, but I've never really delved into that genre. Lol oh yes! Keeping the, erm, 'loving' down is imperative for me. I can't really stomach smut or really strong 'lust' *shiver* makes me blush and feel sick :oops

Fight scenes... now those are things I have trouble with. I strive to walk that line between all-out blood bath (ergh, something else I can't bring myself to write) and simple muggings. I tend to go for what's happening in one's mind during the conflict :yes psychological is the way to do!

Ooh! Intrigued, I am! I am, I am! :angel
Drawing without reference takes time (you're talking to someone who still has yet to master it XDD), but I wish you luck!
You are quite welcome^^
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You mentioned in the "How's the Weather" thread that you enjoyed snow.  I can relate to this as I love snow as well, although the excessive amount of snow my region has seen this year has dampened my enthusiasm for any additional snow this season.

So I was curious, what is your favorite snow-based activity?  Do you enjoy sledding, ice fishing, snowball fights, etc.?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I know you guys across the ocean get hammered by the stuff... share some, will ya! :p

Well, my favourite activity is sledding and the local hills are just perfect for that activity :) The younger children always ask me to pull their sledge and being the kind person I am I do that :p Though I would never say no to having a good ol' snowball fight.

Another thing I do like doing is building an igloo but I keep failing for the weather usually gets warmer before I can finish it or some stupid kids destroy it... Maybe I shall be lucky this year :smile

Thanks for the question. :)

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Earlier in this topic you mentioned that you enjoyed strategy games, so I was wondering: what are some of your favorite strategy games?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I enjoy playing Age of Empires (despite being kind of old), The Settlers IV (doesn't work anymore, sadly), Stronghold (same), Anno 1404, Age of Mythology, and my very recent addition Civilization IV :p My, that game is addictive :lol

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
My, that game is addictive  :lol

Indeed it is.  :yes I once remember getting really into a multiplayer game of Civ 4 during one of my breaks between semesters and losing track of time.  By the time I realized how much time had passed, 12 hours had gone by and it was no longer early evening but rather morning.  So, being the sensible person I am, I continued playing it for another 6 hours until the game was over.  :p For that reason, I only play it on multiplayer when I have several days off of work in a row.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Just out of curiosity, since you seem to enjoy Civilization 4, do you plan on buying Civilization: Beyond Earth when it is released?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Oh yes, I am enjoying it too much for my own good :lol Spend almost the whole morning and afternoon playing it... It's becoming more and more awesome because I'm learning and getting better... That and I'm mostly playing a pretty awesome modification that allowes up to 38 players and adds a lot of new units, buildings, civs, a lot of leaders, new traits, upgrades etc... It's awesome :smile Called BASE but I'm not sure if it's an internation mod or a german only one since it was programmed by people from the german civ forum... :unsure:

Now, to answer your actual question, I will wait until there are videos of people playing that new game and, based on what I see, I'll decide upon that :) I hate buying games if I don't know whether or not the purchase will be worth it...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Not really. It's mostly LBT that makes me love those creatures. I read a novel where dinosaurs played a central role but I can't remember the title...

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Which one of my humanized pics do you like most?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Ducky when she was younger than in most of the pics, Ducky tickling Petrie, Cera and Tricia sleeping and Ruby where she's sleeping in hospital.

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Quote from: Ducky123,May 10 2014 on  08:34 PM
Ducky when she was younger than in most of the pics, Ducky tickling Petrie, Cera and Tricia sleeping and Ruby where she's sleeping in hospital.
Ah Yes I had a feeling that at least one of your top favourites was one of Ducky:)

Dalekdino

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • My D-art account
Seeing as you love Ducky soo much, what's your favourite Ducky moment ?

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, that's one of the trickiest questions I've been asked in this thread :smile

In general, I really love Ducky in the whole first movie, especially when she meets Littlefoot and the famous "Don't step on a crack, or you'll fall and break your back" scene :lol so cute.
Another movie that has quite some good moments of our little swimmer, is the 8th, especially during "Family" :) And I totally love her being mad :angel

Thanks for the questions, Dalekdino :exactly