The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Sierra's mood

Jrd89 · 8 · 2016

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Hi, I wondered about Sierra and the case as to why he was always scowly and angry throughout the 7th movie. I just was thinking what's behind Sierra's anger,

Do you think something might have happened when he was a little child cearadactylus that made him get angry and grumpy for most if th? (were his mom and dad mean and nasty to him maybe? I don't know.

In your opinion, what's up with Sierra?  Is he scarred for life from a childhood hurtful event when he was young, leading him to always being angry? What do you think is up with Sierra in your opinion. ;) ?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Considering that most LBT dinosaurs lived or still live a harsh life in the Mysterious Beyond, and still turn out normal, what kind of horrors did Sierra have to go through? Or maybe he simply hatched that way?

The story of Sierra's backround would have to be quite dark indeed.

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Mmmm... Sierra's life.
Sierra seems almost bored at times to me, like he's far too important to listen to whatever Pterano or Rinkus has to say.
I don't personally see him as psychopathic as I know a lot of people picture him as, but he's certainly not someone to get on the bad side of O_o
The way I see it, Sierra's family life could have been perfectly normal and he was the one who just decided he wanted more (Story of Scarface Al Capone, anyone?). That, or he could have been the product of ambitious parenting by either one or both of his parents. Happens all the time - be the best, don't let anyone get in your way, etc. etc.
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
As I already said in another thread, I think that Sierra(and Rinkus, too) are just EVIL. Some people are born to be criminals IRL so Sierra might be. I don't think that it has smth. to do with his childhood.

Yeah! 100th post :D
Inactive, probably forever.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
**Bumping this thread**  Maybe he has something to hide from his past that was very humiliating/embarassing, and everyone treated him nasty, which may have led him to give a really nasty attitude to any flyer or dino he sees.

I'm still very curious about this. I think it could be a psychological problem he had from an event in his childhood, that lead him to behave rough/angry to any and every flyer/dino he sees.

: ) I'd like to bump this thread. It's a very interesting topic.

(If I were a flyer, I wouldn't be afraid to ask Sierra why he's so mad to everyone everyday, and try to reach in deeper to him socially. I really wouldn't mind having a one-on-one private talk with Sierra, flyer-to-flyer, alone.)

Has Sierra actually been this mean to every flyer/dino his whole life? or do you guys think Sierra has something very personal from his past/childhood that he wishes to keep hidden?

I've thought deep on this, and I think Sierra isn't actually this mean, I think he had something from his past/childhood that really hurt him very hard emotionally, and led him to behave angry and nasty. :yes

I don't think Sierra really is as terribly bad of a flyer as I used to think in the past. :yes

If I were able to talk to him, who knows? maybe, maybe if I reached in deep enough, i'd be able to "hit" a soft spot in Sierra, and maybe help him with that problem that lead to him behaving so nasty and rude to any dino/flyer in sight.

**Sorry if this cearadactylus-psychoanalysis sounds weird to you guys, I just have one vivid imagination. If I could just reach deep enough into Sierra, find that problem from his past, and help him with it.. maybe it could lead to a flyer friendship between us two.**

**I have quite the imagination, guys. ;) ** heh.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Perhabs there was a Flyer Girl in his life once. He had a crush on her and they were a pair for quite a long time. But one day the girl left Sierra due to another guy. Sierra couldn't swallow it so he attacked both and killed them. Then he realised what he's just  done. Since he couldn't make it undone anymore he decided to stay a cruel and violent Flyer.
Maybe, if you have a story in mind, Jared, you could write a fic about Sierra's past :) I don't know if you're a fanfiction writer but I think fanfiction is always the best way to find answers on matters where there isn't just one possibility, one answer that can be proven, but many and we just can't know it for certain because there never was a hint in the movies.

I agree with you that there must've been something in Sierra's past that made him the guy he is in LBT 7.
Inactive, probably forever.

Petrie85

• Cera
    • View Profile
Or you could write a story about it ducky. And I wondered that as wee.. He must have had a bad childhood. Like h got picked on and got made fun of or something. Maybe that explain's his very good mood in movie number seven.

Jrd89

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I should just learn to accept Sierra and his "fussy, angry, rude, mean, impatient" personality. I mean, it's the way he was written/designed to be for the movie after all. *shrugs* <_< I need to accept that.