The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Character Improvements

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
:wave Hi guys how are you?!  First of all excuse me for my intrusion I was unable to come on to this site because I was caught up with somethings.  Anyway something related to this topic I wish to discuss.  Now not every character was made perfectly there's always room for improvement.  

To me, I feel that Cera's Sensitive side should be Invoked a little bit more (not to a point where its cause and unbalance in the Gang of Five) but to show that even the strong hearted can be hurt servely (emotionally), and in my opinion the best way to relief stress and pain is through Tears (Crying).   :yes Theirs nothing wrong with crying cause you feel alot better afterwards.   Getting Mad and aggressive doesn't solve anything (even though thats her nature or personality).   :D LBT is still going Strong despite the mistakes.     :lol I Love Cera with a Passion, my character for Life!

:) Well this is what I think should improve, what other character do you guys think needs improvement?

AloneButNotLonely

• Ruby
    • View Profile
That would be interresting for Cera to cry. About what is the question. *Thinks about it* O.o...I haven't a clue what could possible make her break down.

As for other improvements...I think when they made The Return Of The Lone Dinosaur episode they could have done Doc's character differently. He seemed really out of character to me. I have no clue what it was, but something was deffinitely wrong with him.
 Here's a thought. In my perfect world he seemed like he wouldn't be sooo quick to judge someone, and when he said that Chomper couldn't be a good Sharptooth...it made me upset.  :cry  Maybe it's just wishful thinking that Chomper, and the gang of five will always be friends. I just don't know.
  Maybe I was having the same reaction to his odd behavior like Littlefoot. To me he was wise, strong, and everything like what the stories about him said he was and like Littlefoot...it made me sad to see him seem less then what he was in all those stories. At the end of the episode I liked him again.
 Though I do have to admit it does a good job at showing that all our heroes are human...more or less...just like us. That they're not perfect. It also was good character development.
  So....I think that is it.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: AloneButNotLonely,Feb 1 2009 on  09:34 PM
That would be interresting for Cera to cry. About what is the question. *Thinks about it* O.o...I haven't a clue what could possible make her break down.

Remember she had some issues with her dad in LBT Movie 3, and 11.  I believe the only way for her to breakdown is by her Father.  Reason is that she look up to her father (:( the only Triceratops around) and it can be pretty hurtful to know that your own Father or Mother can put you down or worse not making you number #1 in there Lives.

AloneButNotLonely

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Feb 3 2009 on  11:37 PM
Quote from: AloneButNotLonely,Feb 1 2009 on  09:34 PM

Remember she had some issues with her dad in LBT Movie 3, and 11.  I believe the only way for her to breakdown is by her Father.  Reason is that she look up to her father (:( the only Triceratops around) and it can be pretty hurtful to know that your own Father or Mother can put you down or worse not making you number #1 in there Lives.
That is true. I never thought of that. I saw the movies, but never looked deeper into it. Yeah...that woudl be a lot worse then friends or random people making fun of you. So you got a really great point there. Thank you! Yay toast!!!

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
She almost cried in the original, when everyone thought Petrie had perished with Sharptooth.  I also recall her crying in LBT VI, when she was reminiscing about the twins as the Gang were searching for them.  It seems she cries when she feels a loved one may be dead (she choked up in LBT IV after Ducky crashed into the ravine Dill was in), or when her father hurts her feelings.  He really can be a *censored* when he hurts her feelings :anger.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Feb 4 2009 on  01:23 PM
She almost cried in the original, when everyone thought Petrie had perished with Sharptooth.  I also recall her crying in LBT VI, when she was reminiscing about the twins as the Gang were searching for them.  It seems she cries when she feels a loved one may be dead (she choked up in LBT IV after Ducky crashed into the ravine Dill was in)
 :yes So True...:( that happens to everyone when they lose a love one.

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
I believe Cera did cry in the original for about 5 seconds on screen, after she got scared by the gang covered in black tar.

I hate how the series brings back movie characters for one episode and they barely do anything. I suppose thats the problem with half an hour time slots but still. They could've expanded on Doc and Bron and Ali way more than they did. Terrible.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 1 2009 on  10:42 PM
I believe Cera did cry in the original for about 5 seconds on screen, after she got scared by the gang covered in black tar.

I hate how the series brings back movie characters for one episode and they barely do anything. I suppose thats the problem with half an hour time slots but still. They could've expanded on Doc and Bron and Ali way more than they did. Terrible.
Thats why we say now that there should be a Season two to bring them back.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
To bad they could not bring more of them back in future movies.  Some of the movie characters are suppose to live in the Great Valley.  Why no background sights at least?

NaNaNa

• Spike
    • View Profile
Oh well I remember they put in Mr. Clubtail for the star-day celebration episode and they turned him greedy and messy. Not the best improvement.

It'd be interesting if the gang does anything with Chomper's parents

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NaNaNa,Mar 2 2009 on  07:26 AM
It'd be interesting if the gang does anything with Chomper's parents
that would be cool.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Because there are so many characters now they acutally make it so there are some episodes specifically about one character. Littlefoot doesn't get the attention he deserves anymore (he is after the mainest of the main characters) because there is so much story to be told for the other guys.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Caustizer,Mar 8 2009 on  12:15 PM
Because there are so many characters now they acutally make it so there are some episodes specifically about one character. Littlefoot doesn't get the attention he deserves anymore (he is after the mainest of the main characters) because there is so much story to be told for the other guys.
Hmm...never noticed that be I see what you mean.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Personally I think it is an improvement to disperse the spotlight a little more among the different characters rather than having one character dominate all the time. There are still episodes focused mainly on Littlefoot, so I don't think we need to begrudge Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ruby, or Chomper for those episodes in which they can shine a bit more.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Apr 8 2009 on  12:45 AM
Personally I think it is an improvement to disperse the spotlight a little more among the different characters rather than having one character dominate all the time. There are still episodes focused mainly on Littlefoot, so I don't think we need to begrudge Cera, Ducky, Petrie, Spike, Ruby, or Chomper for those episodes in which they can shine a bit more.
I agree all the way.  the Co-Stars don't seem to get enough spotlight nowadays.