The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Asking LBT production crew members for information

Hypno · 358 · 47934

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I still plan to continue sending these messages when I have more time. I've been a bit busy this month but rest assured, I haven't forgotten this project. :)

Hypno

• GoF's resident deleted scenes nerd
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • LBT wiki admin userpage
That's fine! There's never a due date for these sort of things. Get it done whenever you feel like getting it done :)
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

(I'm a runner-up for the Appreciated Member 2017 award.)

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
I'm a bit late to the party, but I see you're up to something quite interesting over here. This project seems very promising and I'm looking forward to finding out more and more information on this topic. By the way, does anyone here still have the LBT XIV waveforms? The link doesn't work anymore :/
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
A lot of us do, yes. But the link doesn't work anymore sadly, so you can't download them from Tavera himself anymore.
Growing up I was a big LBT fan and had seen all movies and TV series episodes. On the forum, I was formerly known as Hypnobrai until Nov 11, 2017.

In recent years, I have gained an interest in the production of The Land Before Time, particularly the deleted scenes of the original film. New discoveries have been made in the last few years and continue to be made, so I feel that it is a good time to contribute.

I have always loved sharpteeth more than any other creatures in the franchise, especially the fourteenth film's Carnotaurus, the fifth film's Sharptooth, and especially the original Sharptooth.

I am a former administrator of the LBT wiki, having been active from 2017 to 2019.

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Quote from: Hypnobrai,Sep 27 2017 on  08:26 PM
A lot of us do, yes. But the link doesn't work anymore sadly, so you can't download them from Tavera himself anymore.
Ah, I see.  :(petrie
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
All hope is not lost though. If someone has them and have a Dropbox account or something similar they could probably upload it and post a download link :)

Longneck3050

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
It would be nice to see those deleted scenes, if they ever release them.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
So, would you like to start this back up, Sovereign? The newly discovered script has opened up some questions (such as the Tumblr blog that had tidbits of the original film's original script, I wonder where the guy got them), and I believe we haven't contacted Stu Kreger about the original film, or people who worked on XIV that may have some info to leak about the hypothetical XV.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Hmm, maybe it really is time for us to resume this. :smile  There are still some people to contact who could be able to share something interesting with us. As for that Tumblr blogger, we should ask where he got the notes from the story meeting, whether he has more of them and if he knows something more of the cut scenes. It's nice to hear that you're willing to send the message, Hypno, but is there someone willing to write the message? I guess I could do it if nobody else wants to but it'd be great if someone would want to help with searching for interesting people and ways to contact them. I'd also appreciate if someone else could also write at least some of our future messages. :)

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, here's what I came up with for the message to the blogger. It is shorter than my previous messages but I thought it would be better to keep things simple when we aren't contacting a celebrity.

Hi, I’d like to ask about a few posts on your blog, specifically the ones which held parts of the early script of the Land Before Time. They held extremely interesting bits about the known cut scenes and even many sequences of the film of which there has been absolutely no evidence until now. Thank you very much for sharing them but may I ask where you got the script in the first place and by any chance, would you have more dialogue or information about the deleted scenes? I would be extremely grateful if you could answer these questions!

You may do some corrections if you wish, Hypno. Send it whenever you feel like it. :) Also, I might as well do the message to Krieger in the coming days, too.

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Looks good. I do agree with you that the message does not need to be as professional as this is a dude on a blog filled with comedic stuff on it. I hope that we get a response, I'd say it's pretty likely as the user is still active on Tumblr. I'd rather not link my Tumblr but I will inform everyone on this thread of the response when I get it.

Edit: the message draft you posted Sovereign uses too many characters, I'll shorten it though, don't worry :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:54:36 PM by Hypno »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I got a reply :)

"I got it on ScriptFly, where I did have to pay for it, but it was worth it."

The site is here: https://www.scriptfly.com/
This is where he got it. The LBT script is $14.95 CAD (found it simply by searching "land" on the site). And, according to multiple threads on Reddit and Yahoo! Answers, the site itself is indeed safe (no viruses).
So, it was a short answer, and he didn't provide any additional information on the deleted scenes, however at least we do know where the script was obtained :D

Anyone got fifteen dollars to spend? :p
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:49:12 PM by Hypno »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, that was fast. :) It's good to see that he answered the most important question but it still leaves me wondering: how in earth did ScriptFly get the script for the deleted scenes and did the blogger get the script for all the lost scenes with his purchase? :unsure: In any case, this is something to ponder about. 15 dollars isn't too much but I still fear malware from smaller sites, especially when it comes to money despite the assurances. :(
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:02:22 PM by Sovereign »

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
You sent letter without showing it there to us? D':

Anyway, I'm confused... The hell is this site and how did script, if it is REAL script, ended here? Oo
I'm truly amazed and confused.

(I can pay easily for such stuff, even if it was 320$, but I need confirmation about real LBT stuff)
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 05:49:34 PM by Sneak »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
You sent letter without showing it there to us? D':

I showed it two days ago and Hypno just sent it. As for whether ScriptFly's script is real, the only confirmation we have are the images of the dialogue Hypno shared and at least for me, they look quite believable.

Sneak

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Wait, so letter was SO short and simple? :D
sorry then

Well, I just afraid if it is not fake script made on Photoshop or something and posted on some mysterious site... HOW DID THEY GOT THIS SCTRIPT???

*relaxing*
Anyway.... So, guys, you think we can without a doubt buy it?
(I'm also amazed this news still didn't make huge boom and hype here on forum)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 12:17:19 PM by Sneak »

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Sneak on Feb 16 2018, 11:16:13 AM
Wait, so letter was SO short and simple? :D
sorry then

Well, I just afraid if it is not fake script made on Photoshop or something and posted on some mysterious site... HOW DID THEY GOT THIS SCTRIPT???

*relaxing*
Anyway.... So, guys, you think we can without a doubt buy it?
I'm not sure as to how they got that script. The mystery is still unknown as of now. I think someone could buy it, if they choose to do so. Who is willing to buy it?
As for the end of your post, I'm amazed as well. Maybe it is because we sent the question and got our response during the middle of the week while people were busy, so they didn't get on to view the thread quite yet.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile

Me too. I thought it was perhaps the biggest news since JOTB's release but apparently not. :( In any case, here's my proposal for our letter to Stu Krieger, the film's screenwriter.

Greetings, Mr. Krieger! My name is ... and I’m writing on behalf of the members of Land Before Time-themed website Gang of Five. I am extremely grateful for your amazing contribution to the film (and to your other movies as well) as its screenwriter and one of those who helped to bring the film’s unbelievable story to life. I'd like to ask you if you happen to be willing to share some of your memories about the writing of the film, especially concerning the famous deleted 10 minutes of the movie. Those scenes have been of great interest to the fans of the movie for years.

As you probably know, many sequences of the film were cut prior to release and lost for good afterwards. There have been some hints here and there and even an early version of the film’s script was recently found. As the Land Before Time’s screenwriter, you were probably working closely on planning those scenes and I’d like to ask if you remember what at least some of those sequences contained and in which parts of the film they were supposed to be. We would also welcome any memories or details you’d like to share about the making of that phenomenal movie! I and many other fans would deeply appreciate if you were able to answer these questions.

Best regards

As you most likely notice, my letters are very similar to each other these days. If we find another interesting person's contact info, do you want me to continue posting these messages here on the forum before sending them?

Hypno

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
We could keep the message drafts up for archival purposes. Also, in case there does happen to be a mistake everyone can still see the message draft just to make sure everything is right :)

As for this message, where are you sending this to again? It's been a while since you initially thought of contacting Mr. Krieger. It looks fine; I'd just like to know where you actually found his contact information :)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:23:59 PM by Hypno »

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I included the link in a post on the last page but here it is again.