The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time 8 Showcase - October 2022

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
It isn’t quite winter yet, but October is still a good time to showcase the film that brought “frozen sky water” to the Great Valley, the Land Before Time VIII.

------------

In this topic please feel free to discuss your thoughts on the eighth film.  I will go ahead and present a few questions to get things started:

1) This is the film which introduced Mr. Thicknose as a character.  What are your thoughts on him as a character considering what we have seen of him in this film?

2) What lessons do you think are showcased by this film?

3) The relationship between Ducky and Spike come to the foreground in this film.  What do you think this film indicates about the relationship between the two siblings?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

00not_nathan00

• Chomper
    • View Profile
    • instagram
Probably one of the weakest films (in my eyes), I do like the idea of them experiencing snow for the first time so theirs a plus but its still a 3/10 for me.
Still waiting for the bluth cut

The jewelstone queen

• just call me Jewel ; D
  • Spike
  • I'm just an artist :0
    • View Profile
    • Youtube channel (I animate stuff, they old)
1) This is the film which introduced Mr. Thicknose as a character.  What are your thoughts on him as a character considering what we have seen of him in this film?

I was really glad that they put a wise old character in the franchise. Yay, another adult for the kids to ignore when they go on adventures! :bestsharptooth I love the competition between Mr thicknose and Mr threehorn, it causes conflict that makes the plot interesting.

2) What lessons do you think are showcased by this film?

Hmmm... Maybe, family isn't always those who look like you, but who you love. I haven't seen this film in a while, but I know it covered some sibling rivalry and that the valley was covered in snow.

3) The relationship between Ducky and Spike come to the foreground in this film.  What do you think this film indicates about the relationship between the two siblings?

Ah yes, I said sibling rivalry didn't I? I feel like it was more of Dukcy getting upset that Spike left to be with a spiketail herd, and Spike being sad sometimes. The two are always together, and after a while of being separated, it really shows how close they are. Eventually though, Spike decides to stay in the great valley with Ducky, and I think their struggles strengthend their bond.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2022, 10:46:14 PM by The jewelstone queen »
I'm currently writing an lbt fanfic about Littlefoot and Ruby, it's a little cringy at first. Go check it out if you're interested! FANFICTION.NET- https://www.fanfiction.net/s/14063661/1/The-Land-Before-time-Unbearable
OR RIGHT HERE ON THE WEBSITE- https://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=17556.0