The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Rainbow Faces: Scientifically or Metaphysically Advanced?

RainbowFaceProtege

• Member+
  • Ducky
  • “Keep asking questions, it sharpens the mind…”
    • View Profile
This is a question I find myself hitting every time I try to write a fanfiction centering around the Rainbow Faces. :thinking Given the things they know and can do which normal dinosaurs can't, it's obvious they possess advanced knowledge of some kind, but what kind of knowledge is it? Is their advanced intelligence purely scientific, or is something more metaphysical within their grasp? I've wondered this mostly because of this part in their song at the end of the movie: "Life is not a game, my friend / For losing or for winning / And when you think you've reached the end / It's only the beginning." It sounds as if they're referring to an afterlife of rebirth of some sort. The somewhat pained facial expression Littlefoot reacts with makes it seem that he could be interpreting it the same way, as if he's reminded of his mother, though he could just be disappointed to see the Rainbow Faces leaving before his questions are answered. What do you guys think? Are the Rainbow Faces just your typical high-tech alien scientists, or might their abilities be more along the lines of Doctor Strange?

"I don't see anything!"--Cera

"Maybe your eyes are getting in the way."--Rainbow Face

Dr. Rex

• Member+
  • Petrie
  • Nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah nah...imaginary!
    • View Profile
Given how they depart at the end of the film, I'd say the Rainbow Faces are aliens that are so evolved they have metaphysically advanced capabilities. I heard that was the case with "2001: A Space Odyssey"; it could be the same here.