The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The "Would You Rather" Game!

brekclub85 · 1095 · 76458

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Peanut butter.  I find jelly to be far too sweet for my taste.  In fact, I almost cannot stand to eat jelly at all unless it is served with peanut butter.

OK, here is a truly demented one:

Would you rather eat a large meal in front of 10 starving children or steal the donation bucket from 5 Salvation Army Santas?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Those ARE demented.
I guess... I would steal the donation bucket from 5 Salvation Army Santas. It seems to me like the lesser of two evils.
Would you rather suffer from somniphobia or epistemophobia?

StrutEggStealer

• Professional Veggie-Eater
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Oy, why'd you have to drag big words into this? :lol

Myself, I'd rather suffer from epistemophobia as I'm a huge sleep-fan, and tend to crash hard if I don't sleep.
... so I'd be a rather dumb, but well-rested individual XD

Now, WYR... party, or study?
"Not all who wander are lost"
J. R. R. Tolkein

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, this is obvious (though I haven't done any this year so far): Partying

WYR: be a famous singer or actor?
Inactive, probably forever.

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would rather be a famous singer.  I would enjoy expressing myself through music, but I would not enjoy portraying other characters (and thus expressing another person's motives or thoughts.)

would you rather live in utter poverty but do a job that you love, or perform a job that you despise but be a millionaire?

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Keep the job I love and live in poverty, because life is too short to be miserable :DD.

WYR have your most vulnerable ticklish spots tickled nonstop for one hour, or have a classroom of preschoolers scream in your ears nonstop for one hour?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well, I'd choose the classroom of preschoolers as I'm a preschool teacher and am used to that. I'd probably scream with them, hop around, maybe sing a tune, lol. I cannot stand being tickled for two seconds, much less one hour :o

WYR hold a slug or a spider? X3
J. R. R. Tolkein

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
That's difficult for me because I like both of those animals. I say spider because when some of them walk around, they lay silk and I like to pretend they're wrapping me up for a meal later. :p :lol
Would you rather dance like no human has ever danced before but when you danced it felt like stepping on sharp swords or be forced to wear glowing hot iron shoes and dance until you die? (Can anybody guess the references?)

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I would just wear the glowing hot iron shoes and be done with it.

It's from Snowhite, one of the many tales two philologists, the brothers Grimm, gathered in order to reconstruct ancient Germanic mythology by comparing it to Norse sagas and German medieval legends, and then by comparing Germanic mythology to that of Indians, Persians, Greeks, Romans, Celts, Balts and Slavs they provided one of the first reconstructions of Indo-European mythology. Their work, however important, has largely vanished from public sight (probably most people consider it boring), and only the tales themselves remain.

If you  were an absolute dictator in the 20th century, would you heavily militarize and set to surprise your less armed neighbours, forsaking prosperity now for more opportunities later on, or would you immediately focus on economic development and let military power grow as a function of the economy, making yourself vulnerable to your neighbours in the beginning?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would focus on heavy militarization early on.  Provided that I had sufficient resources to keep the soldiers well compensated for their services, and the staffing of political commissars in the military to look out for dissent, the military would prove to be a useful tool in prevent my citizenry from overthrowing my regime.  Additionally, of course, it would allow me to conquer my weaker neighbors, not only removing potential threats but also giving me access to their resources and wealth.  Once the neighboring states have been conquered or subjugated, I then could then shift my focus to economic stewardship as a prerequisite for further conquest later on.  (On a related note I have been playing way too much Civilization V lately  :blink: )

Would you rather spend a day outside in Death Valley or in the coldest region of Antarctica?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Haha, I live and work in Death Valley and I like heat.  Easy answer: Death Valley :DD!

WYR seek shelter in a bear den or a mountain lion den (yes, the animals are in their respective dens)?

jansenov

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
The mountain lion den. Though both animals will defend their habitat, bears are stronger and therefore with bears my chances are lower, even if they never were great to begin with.

Would you rather have a handheld gaser (gamma-ray laser), or a handheld heavy ion accelerator of comparable power as your weapon?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would rather have a handheld heavy ion accelerator as my weapon.  

The gamma-ray emitter could obviously cause damage to a target, and to electronics especially, but much of the energy from the gamma ray burst would probably pass through the target - almost certainly harming any innocent bystanders behind them.  There is no certainty that the radiation damage would immediately incapacitate the target either, as many individuals with high radiation doses have survived days before finally dying.  Additionally, shielding would be a major concern with any such weapon; it takes 6 centimeters of concrete just to degrade the amount of gamma rays by half, meaning that if I fired a lethal dose of radiation at someone I would almost certainly be irradiated myself.

In comparison, the ions from the ion accelerator would unleash their energy yields upon hitting a target.  This would avoid the problem of irradiating me, harming bystanders, and not immediately killing a potential threat.

Would you rather have a large increase in your linguistic intelligence or in your mathematical-logical intelligence?

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Good question...I'm really strong in grammar and if I had to pick my weakest subject, it would be math.  I guess a little help in the math department would be nice, though I'm happy I can at least balance a checkbook and create a budget :lol.

Would you rather break up a fight between two roosters or two ravens?

StrutEggStealer

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Well roosters are plain evil, so I'd go with ravens, even though they are the biggest members of the crow family and I would most likely end up with an peck-out eye O_o
but roosters are still manic and evil creatures XDD

Would you rather... start randomly dancing in public, or randomly singing in public?
J. R. R. Tolkein

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would rather sing in public.  My singing may be atrocious, but it seems heavenly compared to my dancing abilities (or rather the lack thereof).  :lol

Would you rather live in ancient Greece or live in colonial America?

Sleeping-force's-inside

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Ancient Greece, cause I adore that time-period's dressing-styles and stuff :3

Would you rather learn how to sail a boat or how to fly a plane?

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I would rather learn to fly a plane.  I have never learned to swim (so I would have to learn that prior to learning how to sail a boat), whereas I have always had a fascination with flying since I was a small child.

Would you rather never be able to play computer games ever again OR never be able to play console or portable games ever again?

Justin1993

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Never be able to play computer games again. Consoles have some amazing exclusives.

Would you rather listen to a playlist of your least favorite songs on repeat or watch the same movie (any movie) repeatedly?

Nahla

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Watch same movie...I do anyway.

Would you rather have 1000 spiders crawl on you or be caught by Slenderman?