The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Stab in the Dark

Raptor · 55 · 5607

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"So, who was he?"

"Nathan Willson. Corporate bigshot. Made alot of people angry. But not this angry."

The body was concealed within a bag. Thank god for small favors.

"What are you saying?"

"Well, if this was your average angry employee, they just would've shot him."

John looked at his partner quizzicly. "So? Maybe it was some psycho."

Andrew shook his head. He looked back at the bodybag, and then at the bloody mess that was the scene of the crime.

Written in the blood of the late Nathan Willson, were the words

'This is the first. We will not hault. We are the holy legions.

WE ARE ANGELS.'

"There's been psychos before who thought they were gods, or angels, or some crap like that." John said, with a shrug.

Andrew stroked the stubble on his chin, then lit up a cigarette. He placed it in his mouth, blew out some smoke, then took it out.

"I dunno, something doesn't seem right about this case."

"It's a murder, Andrew. Murders never feel right."

From a nearby window, a Raven perched. It eyed the two cops with unnerving attentivness.

Against all reason, it spoke, quietly, to itself.

"They have returned."

Name:
Personality:
Profession:
Appearance:

Note: As of now, John and Andrew will not have full profiles posted, and will be counted as NPCs. However, They cannot die, as they are intergral to the plot. As such, they may also be controlled by anyone who wants to controll them, although I will make the major decisions regarding the duo.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Name:  Darien Whitefang
Personality: Lackadaisical, Seeming completely absentminded, but these traits are merely a facade to disguise his cunning, intellectual personality.  Morally, he tends to see things in terms of black and white, very rarely seeing things in shades of gray.  
Profession: Private Detective/Vigilante (Alias: Darkmoon)

Appearance:  Darien stands roughly 6'0", and is extremely thin, but with definite muscle tone.  He has brown hair and eyes.  As both a detective and as Darkmoon, he wears a ragged black trenchcoat, where he conceals his dagger and his pistol.  As Darkmoon, he wears a distinct triangular mask over his face, masking his voice by way of a voice changer.

Darien stepped into the room, and looked at the corpse.  
"My god.  What did this poor soul do to get this done?  He looks worse than some lion attack victims..."
He said, looking away...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
"We don't know who would've killed him other then angry employees." Said John, glad to take his eyes off of the blood-soaked bodybag.

Andrew shook his head. "But this isn't the work of a normal person. Look at the blood! You saw the body before it was put away. Those wounds weren't caused by your average knife."

John's frown grew deeper. "What are you saying? Some psycho with a chainsaw came down and carved the poor bastard up?"

"We were just through this."

"Yeah, I still think it was some psycho."

"They found the corpse." The Raven said.

The figure looking down at him nodded.

"Do they know what caused it? What slaughtered that man?" He said. He spoke in an english accent. The figure was thin, not just for average thin, but past the line of emaciated. He was wearing rather odd garb for such a warm night. A full black coat and tails, with matching pants. The figure also wore a scarf pulled up over his face, and sunglasses, even though it was pitch black outside. Atop his head, was a black tophat.

"They're just mortals. How would they figure it out?" The Raven answered.

"I'm suprised at your insults. I am mortal." The figure replied.

"Was mortal." Intergected the Raven.

"You were mortal. You should know the intelligence of mortals." The figure said. "Why else would I place my trust in them?"

"You know, I never really understood that." The Raven sighed.

"We are too close to the sight of the murder. They may suspect us, and the last thing I want to have to do is prove my innocence."

"Why? We didn't kill him. We're trying to help the idiots."

The figure sighed. "They'd make me take off my scarf."

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Name: Max
Personality: Bouncy, ditzy, and a bit of an air head, she can create a mess just as fast as she can solve a problem. She's the best in her field, but...she can't seem to remember what it is.
Profession: FBI Agent!
Appearance: Max is about 5'9" She wears the traditional FBI navy blue jacket, but she trades the classic kaki pants for leather, and a red top, upon which she hides her gun in her bra.

Max opened the door as if it were her fist day on the job. however as she saw the body, she froze...and then began to giggle as she said, "Hey...who ordered the chopped meatloaf?"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien sighed and smiled at Max.  He had worked with her before, and he was well-used to her quirks.
"There aren't many clues as to who, or even why right now, Max.  The one thing I can say with certainty is that he's definitely dead."
He said playfully, reaching inside his coat and pulling out a bag of cheese puffs.
"Care for some food?"
He asked, offering Max the bag...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Andrew looked back at the pair, quizzicly. He shrugged, and said "Well, we're not going to figure out much else here. They took most of the evidence. We're here for a last sweep of the place. And we're also the lucky few who get to take the body down to the morgue."

John nodded, and with a false grin, said "Ain't that nice, kids?"

Andrew sighed. He looked around the parking complex(One of those big multi-level ones) and froze. "Whoa."

"What?" Said John.

"Did forensics take a look at this yet?"

"Take a look at what?"

"Over here." Andrew said, crouching by one of the supports.

John walked over, and looked at the place where Andrew was indicating.

"Holy ****."

The concrete had five, deep gashes in it.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien froze,
"Something tells me that these are so, so not accidental.  Or natural. "
He said, running his hand over the gashes.
"What could have done this?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max was stepping over to take a look when she slipped on a body part and sent the poor man's head clear through  the open window opposite the one Darien and the others were staring through.
"Oopsie!" She cried. However even after that blunder she stood up and looked at what the others were staring at in the parking lot, and heard Darien's question which she promptly answered by saying: "Uhhh.. a really big puppy dog...or a sweet little cat."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
John blinked, mouth agape. Andrew stayed motionless, probably too dumbfounded to speak.

"I..." John was simply too shocked to speak.

Andrew shook his head, and said "Well.... we'll have to tell forensics about this. We need to get the body to the lab. Maybe they'll know what killed him."

John swallowed. "So.... who wants to go get the dead guy's head?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max raised her hand as if she were in preschool again and shouted, "I DO! I DO!" she then did something extraordinary as she dived out the window, but grabbed the edge and flipped down the fire escape keeping in perfect balance till she reached the ground floor, and picked up the head like it was a prize and shouted "I GOT IT! What do I win?!"

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
John simply stood there, even more confused.

"Well... you get to put it back with the rest. We'll load the body into the car and get back to base." Said Andrew, shaking his head.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max giggled and nodded her head.
"Okie dokie! Uhhh...which van is ours again...it's kinda hard to tell with so many sitting in the street.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien sighed.
"Our van is...this one? No... What about this one?  Hmm... that's not it..."
He paused.
"Okay...I forgot which one was our van..."

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
John walked over to one of then neigh-identical vans, and opened it, showing the comminications and various other forms of police gadgetry.

"This one. I know my car." He said, going to the back and opening up the doors.

Andrew nodded. "Get the body in the back, we'll take it up to foresics so they can have a look inside."

John smiled slightly. "Then they don't have alot of work to do, do they?"

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max giggled and put the severed head inside a plastic bag, and placed it in the back, her eyes then went wide as she noticed a big red button that said 'Don't Touch' and she just had to push it...but when she did a loud and rather annoying alarm went off.
"Ahhh...what is that...sound it hurts my ears!" cried Max as she tried to cover her ears.

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien leapt backwards, clutching his hands over his ears.
"Gah!  That thing's REALLY loud!  Can you PLEASE get it to shut up?"
He yelled over the din, his right eye shut as he tried to block out the noise...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
John ran over to the van, covering his ears, and hit the button.

"God damn! The button says don't touch, can it be any plainer then that?" John said, rubbing his forehead.

Andrew shook his head, trying to get the ringing out of his ears. "Uh... Ugh. Alright, alright, disregarding that little event, we need to get the rest of the stiff in the car."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Max giggled for a moment before saying, "Don't you mean the rest of the 'stuff'? I mean like really...it's not even a whole person anymore!"

StarfallRaptor

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Darien nodded.
"Max is right.  I mean, look at him.  He looks like some sorta filet of human or something.  Geeze..."
He said, going back to eating his cheese puffs...

Raptor

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Andrew sighed. "Whatever. Let's just get his.. parts and move them out of here." He said, picking up one of the bags and placing it near the head in the van.

John helped with the grisly task, until most of the corpse's scattered limbs had been retrieved.

"Now, let's get outta here. I want to find out just what killed this man." Andrew sighed. He placed the last body part, a foot, in the back of the van.

John climbe in the driver's seat, and beckoned for the others to get in.

"You see my point?" Said the Raven.

"No, I'm afraid I don't, Edgar." The figure replied.

The raven's feathers ruffled, and its eyes narrowed. "You know I hate it when you call me that." He snapped.

"Why? It is your name." Said the figure, in an amused tone.

Edgar the Raven groaned. "Yeah, well, pretty soon it's all 'Nevermore, nevermore' and honestly, I hate that stereotype with a passion."

"Go on." Said the figure, a quick flash of a chuckle in his voice.

"With what?"

"Your point."

"My point... oh, yes. Well, the mortals are idiots. That women blundered several times." Said Edgar, with a tone of superiorty.

"Ah, yes, but she proved her physical prowess with her acrobatic skills." Asserted the figure.

"Yeah, well, she doesn't have anything upstairs, and that's my point, Ryan." The Raven replied, hastily.

The figure, Ryan, shrugged and said "We'll see."