The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Children of Maganog

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed along with his friends. "I try my best! Hey Longtail! It's heading for you!" Zaine ran with Littlefoot after the seed.

The Great Valley Guardian

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.supersonicboom182.deviantart.com
Longtail smiled as he had been waiting for this, but also remembering what happened last time when he tried to use his head, he planned differently this time, and instead rolled onto his back, and using his tail whipped the seed straight up into the air. "Well, I just hope it doesn't land on anyones head this time." said Longtail aloud also recalling the last time he'd used his tail to toss the seed....

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Ducky looked up, "That is high, yes it is."

"It good hit." Petrie said.

Littlefoot went forward keeping his eye on the seed, waiting till it came down close enough for him to hit it with his tail, being sure to try to not have the seed hit him.  He had to time it just right and hit hit to soon or late.  He hit it and tried to send it to the next person.  "That was high, good Longtail." He said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail simply smiled and said "Thanks..I'm just glad no one got hurt this time...I still remember the time I hit Cera's dad in the head with one of our seeds...I thought he'd never stop yelling at me."

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine jumped up and caught the seed with his tail. He then began to laugh at Longtail's comment. "I would hate to get yelled at by Cera's dad. He' way too scary. I don't even know how Cera puts up with him."

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"I guess she is use to it since he is her dad.  Maybe she doesn't notice" Littlefoot said.

Ducky nods to what Zaine said.  "It is a bad idea to get Mr. Threehorn angry, it is." She said.

"He scary like sharptooth." Petrie said agreeing.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail laughed at what Petrie had said and replied "Yeah....just without the sharpteeth!" but then a voice cut through the laughter..."Hey, keep down the noise over there!" It of course was Cera's father Topsy who happened to be nearby. Longtail frowned and sighed quietly to himself.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine laughed a little at how ironic Cera's dad yelling at Longtail was."You just can't win can you?" At that moment, Zaine heard in his thoughts the warning Argaya sent. He stopped in his tracks and looked around. "Hey guys, I think someone is here, but it's not the sharpteeth."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail sighed and then giggled at what Zaine had said and replied "No I guess I can't." He then received the same mental message that Zaine did, and he then said "Oh gee...I wonder what could possibly be coming to us now....although if I had to guess it would try to get me first!"

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Sorry, Longtail, but I don't believe he wants you first. He is just here to deliver a message. However, I can't tell if that is his true intention or not. Argaya projected directly at Longtail.

Vylor decided to run to meet his guest. Longtail, I'm running towards you. Then both of us will go meet this messenger in person.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Longtail smiled at Argaya's last mental though and replied 'Then perhaps we should go find him!'

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Littlefoot nods, "We should go together, in case there is trouble, and it'll save us time from having to tell each other the message and if it is important it'll be easier to get it to the right people." He said.

Ducky nods, "We are stronger together then alone, we are."

"Some things less scary with friends." Petrie said thinking of some of his many adventures he had with his friends, and some times when he was alone.

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
Torgo proceeded to limp down the slopes, he had stood there momentarily pondering how he had got up there in the first place, and the vision he had still held him in shock. Who was this strange new spirit that saved his life? and Why?

One thing was now for certain, he was under the protection of this 'valley spirit' or 'Valley Guardian'

----------

Blackclaw lead the long line of his fellow fastbiters down a trail, off in the distant south loomed the great walls that protected the valley.

Blackclaw, though not himself but now the living capsule that embodied the twisted spirit of Maganog held the fastbiters under a strange spell. They each had no choice but to follow him. To do his bidding. It was just as it was back in the day that Maganog was still alive. A lord over all Sharpteeth and others of their kind who were near enough to fall under his powers, he held the power of the Etheras Crystal from within him, the power to form armies and conjure them at his own will.

--Story Notes: The Etheras Stone----------------------------------

The Etheras Stone was a fragment of a meteor (or fallen rock as it was normally called in this time). And it was said to hold a power that enveloped those who possessed it. It was split in two when the fallen rock had impacted the earth nearly a hundred season cycles ago. One piece hit the sharptooth hatchling (Named  Tinytooth long before his eternal title of Maganog) and lodged itself within him. And as he grew the stone within him became apart of him, and gave him an unnatural long life, and knowledge far beyond his time and age. The second fragment was discovered several times and those who carried it also obtained knowledge that they should had never had, and eventually was hidden away over time in hopes that it would never come into possession by another and that it may be forgotten.

Years later, a Duckbill by the name of Ellith (Syrius's uncle) was being chased by a group of hungry fastbiters, when he fell into a large pit and found himself in a massive cavern. It was here that he had found a secret chamber, possessing the mythical stone.

He would later find out about the stone and would be sent on his way, his nephew, Syrius and a few other party members (three rainbowfaces, a flyer and a black threehorn) to the Aldar Crater (or the Round Valley of Shadows as some called it (also the crater where the meteor had impacted) where the stone was to be destroyed. Ellith would succeed in this journey, but the journey would also claim his own life as he faced and fought the greed driven fastbiter Argon (Kragoth's father) who sought the stone for power over his own kind. Both Argon and Ellith would ultimately die in this battle and the stone itself would be destroyed along with them.

The stone, while it was kept undamaged and hidden away all those years after its split from its brother (the other fragment that was lodged within Maganog) kept the full power of the Etheras Stone active, and it made Maganog indestructible and nearly immortal. While both stones existed on the earth, the full power remained. And when Ellith destroyed the second fragment, half the power was destroyed and Maganog was no longer invulnerable.  He would eventually storm the valley after the stone's destruction and there, finally be defeated by the longneck of legend (ironically labeled as the Lone Dinosaur in the films, but in my version here, he bears many titles including that of the Lone Dinosaur). Maganog would flee the valley and eventually fall to his death as the last fragment burned within him, its power faltered by its brother's destruction, and in its longing attempt to communicate to its deceased partner it would destroy itself and Maganog with it.

Thus ends the story of the Etheras Stone. Though the spirit of Maganog after a hundred years of life, he was able to keep his knowledge obtained from the crystals and his spirit remained strong and ever so wrathful. He would also eventually become a lord of Nightmares.

I am the mender of shadows
When you are asleep, I will break you.
I will reveal to you the creatures of the dark.
They will bite. They will tear. They will feast upon your flesh.
They will destroy your will to live.
I am Maganog. The Lord of nightmares.

Behold my wrath is upon you.
And you are now mine to posses and control.
Until the end of your days.
And your spirit, I shall soon consume.
And forever, shall you be tormented within me.
So mot it be.
- Maganog

Author's Note: This entire story is being written in a full fanfiction manuscript serving as a prequel predating the stories of Littlefoot and his friends. In fact, the story of Ellith and Syrius's journey to destroy the stone would take place at the time that Littlefoot's grandfather was merely the age of Littlefoot himself, though even he himself has no part of this story. This story serves also as my version of the Lone Dinosaur story, that Littlefoot's grandfather told the gang in one of the sequels (the sequel number eludes me right now, I'd need to look it up, but I'm strained for time, so I'll just leave it to the sequel pros to figure it out =)   )

--End Notes----------------------------------------------

(continuing the story)

The fastbiters little knew of the curse that had befallen them, they understood not what drove them to follow Blackclaw, nor did they understand what had happened to him to make him the way he was now. He was much more intimidating. And those who looked upon him did not see him as he was before. It appeared as if he was not even Blackclaw, son of Kragoth. His features were changing, and his old spirit broken and almost diminished.

He soon turned to the following fastbiters as they came into clear view of the great walls

"Here is the land that we seek. Beyond those walls of stone. They will not hold us back. We shall prevail through them, and the valley of peace shall soon be the valley of bloodshed and tears. Mark my words, my dear servants. Our kind will dominate these lands, and the souls that exists beyond those walls shall soon be mine."

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
(OOC: Great job, Aves, with the note. It is like fantasy without elves or dragons. I thought that it could never happen (jk) but you did it.)

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
Zaine nodded. "Well I'm definitely coming. I don't want our valley to be taken over by sharpteeth, and whoever this mystery guest is, he or she may be able to help us."

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Yeah, so what do you guys think this new comer will look like?" asked Longtail as he looked into the sky as another thought crossed his mind "And where will he be I wonder?"

AvestheForumFox

• The Circle
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bullockarts.net
The limp fastbiter wobbled his way down the slope further, again, watching his footing along the steep rocky passages until at last he stumbled and fell forward on the valley ground, right at the foot of the wall. Little did he realize that there was a large herd who were all summoned to that very spot, and they all looked at the fastbiter astonished.

"A sharptooth!" declared Denton "..... though... not a very healthy looking sharptooth."

"Eh?" said Torgo, and he looked up from where he stumbled and lay seeing the herd. He clumsily tried to get up, wobbling still and limping about, never once keeping a straight balance but finally grabbed a tree before falling over again, and after catching his breath, he finally declared:

"I am Torgo. I have betrayed the Master. He is coming here. I've come to warn you all. And to flee his wrath... I am Torgo..."

and with these words, he slipped from the tree and fell to the ground again and didnt move for some time.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
"Isn't there anything we can do to help him?" Littlefoot asked as he walked closer to where Torgo had fallen.  "And who is this master he talked about?" He asked curiously.

"Maybe he is a big sharptooth, like Chomper's parents, or bigger even." Ducky suggested.

Petrie's eyes bulged out, "Bigger even?" he said in fear and jumped onto Littlefoot's neck and held on tightly while shivering in fear.

"Petrie." Littlefoot said with a very strained voice.

Ducky did her best to pat Petrie, "Things will be ok.  We have faced danger before and though scary we have come through ok." She said, which did help to calm Petrie down a little.  She then looked over at the unconscious Torgo, "There must be something we can do to help him, there must be." She said as she started to get down to get a closer look at Torgo and his injuries.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
'He might mean that these giant sharpteeth that Argaya, Zaine, and I saw.' Vylor said.

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
"Giant...sharpteeth...why do I get the feeling this won't end well for anyone?" asked Longtail knowing he wasn't going to like the answer.