The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Mutants and Masterminds RPG

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Hello, everyone. I just found a new Table top RPG to play, and I thought I'd give a go at playing this online with you guys.

To explain: "Mutants and Masterminds" is a table top super hero RPG. This is a game where you make your own, original super heroes and you play as them. Unfortunately. This game will not be as free and open as the other Role-Playing Games on here, because it's like "Dungeons and Dragons" in the sense that it has a set of established rules and such, and you can buy a book about how to play this specific game. I have the Core Rules in my possession. Note: THis is d20 system. (20 sided dice.)

Does anyone else here know how to play Mutants and Masterminds, or any other d20 RPG system?

I'll probably have to end up constructing all a your characters, myself. But I will not do that without your compete input into the characters. Which means that you will have to give me as much to work with as possible.

I'm not going to explain the mechanics and mathematics of the system right now, but I will. You need to describe you character in the most complete way possible. I know this probably is a bit intimidating, but this isn't going to be very difficult to do at all.

So, does anyone want to play? I am currently looking for 4-6 players to play this. Don't tell me your characters yet, think about it for a while.

Now, I will be posting available information for your to work with in the system a bit later. After I've gotten enough players.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile
Erm...as much as I've watched D&D cartoons and played numerous D&D video games, I've never actually played anything like the card games or the huge board with polygonal dice.

I'm prepared to give it a shot...what harm can it do eh? ;) I'm in!

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Alright. I'll need one or two more people to get this going. This should give you some time to think about your character.

If you want to learn about the system. You can always look it up here:  http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/

Or just buy the "Mutants and Masterminds Core Rules Book 1". It's an easy system to understand and get into. Fair warning: It costs about $30-$40.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf