The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Great Valley Adventure!

Guest · 4 · 858

Bruton the Iguanodon

Ah, yes, I watched LBT 2 today. People always complain about the sequels, but really, they started out okay I think! Movie 2 is awesome. It's action packed, fun, exiting, and made for kids but most definitely something older fans can enjoy! The night adventure in the mysterious beyond was probably my faovirte sequence in the film :). Where the hell did the series go wrong? Well, by the time Chomper and his parents made their second appearence, it was starting to head down that path. Guess I'll just have to stick with the earlier sequels.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I know I like the earlier sequels better then most of the latter sequels.  I think most folks on this forum do also.

LBTLover1

• Petrie
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pranksterclan.co.nr
The second one was the start of the decrease of LBT. So sad. :(

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
While I agree that the second already broke with a number of fundamentals of the original (sharpteeth no longer just "the enemy", some odd coloring, singing dinosaurs etc.) I still don't see it so negatively. In case of the much criticized songs for example I will not deny that there are some that make me feel rather awkward when watching LBT and in case of LBT 2 there is no song that I personally consider very appealing. However, some of the LBT songs in other sequels turned out to be gold in my opinion and I am willing to accept some of the "lesser tunes" so long they also come with some rather good ones. LBT did inspire me to watch the other sequels back in December 1998. It had a strong emotional impact on me and may everyone here think what he or she likes about LBT 2 and the sequels in general, there is one thing that is certain: If it wasn't for the sequels and if the original movie was the only ever LBT film we can take it for granted that the GOF would not exist either.