The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

What would the LBT characters look like as Humans?

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
GVG and I were talking about this on DA and so I decided to post this topic.

I don't think this topic has anything to do with fact, but matters of opinion. This picture may answer everyone's question here: http://ChildoftheMoor.deviantart.com/art/T...e-Time-43654124

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's some dude's answer to the question. Pretty self-explanatory, I thought.

Those ''clues" on the clothing really threw me off. First of all, I thought the orange-haired girl with the skirt was Ducky, cause she had what looked like Ducky's face on her shirt. I then thought the spiky brown haired kid with the scarf was Cera, cause she also had Cera-looking things on her shirt. I thought Spike (in hindsight, I can't believe I missed the haircut) was the blue-haired kid in the bottom corner, since the disembodied head on it's laptop case was green. I then made Petrie the mohawk kid, since of the remaining two he more closely resembled Petrie (not to mention he was the right gender.) Didn't think of Chomper, so I had no clue who the sixth kid was. I asumed the author had put herself in the picture.
In summary, I epic-failed. :confused At least I got Littlefoot right.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Wouldn't be the first time I've seen things like this done.  I guess its to your own interpretation.

Amaranthine

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Can You Love Me Despite The Cracks?
    • View Profile
Quote from: Petrie,Oct 19 2008 on  02:52 AM
I guess its to your own interpretation.
Exactly.

Almaron

• Spike
    • View Profile
Well, judging by where the dinosaur fossils were found, you can take a vague guess as to what country each of the GOF would be from (With some liberties taken, as pretty much each of the GOF were only found in the US).

Triceratops were only found in the US, so that makes Cera Native American.

Saurolophus were found in Asia and North America, but the Asian Saurolophus has a longer crest, like Ducky, so that makes her Asian (Specifically Mongolian, that's where the fossils were found).

Sauropods were found all over the world, and this could make Littlefoot a British settler (Like from the time of the british empire). Pterosaurs were also found all over the place, and were pretty widespread in Europe. Littlefoot and Petrie are probably both from different countries in Europe. (Which could also be why Pterano considers himself superior, match it with the superior settler attitude of the old old British Empire, and why he claims things were once like that).

That leaves Spike, also only found in the US. This makes him either Inuit or Mexican. Alternatively, he is Native American, and Cera is Inuit or Mexican.

To include Chomper and Ruby, Ruby is an Oviraptor, and they mostly came from Mongolia (Of course, this is just where the fossils were found. To keep the whole anti-racism message of the first film, Ducky and Ruby would have to be from different countries, such as one of them being Mongolian and the other Chinese).

As for Chomper...I have no idea. To make him human would be difficult, as it would require an entire country (Representing Sharpteeth) to be hostile to everyone else in the world. I don't know.

Any thoughts on this? (I hope this doesn't come out sounding offensive in any way)

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
If I may...I myself drew up what I thought the gang would look like as humans http://animeboye.deviantart.com/art/Land-B...umans-112920787

I also agree with LandBeforeTimeLover. Littlefoot as a bookworm?! Uh..no...

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Sep 19 2009 on  05:33 AM
Which could also be why Pterano considers himself superior, match it with the superior settler attitude of the old old British Empire, and why he claims things were once like that).

I wonder if the producers had been thinking of that? Pterano's voice actor, Michael York is actually British.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I have had many dreams of the LBT Gang as humans, and therefore have drawings, so I'll have to post 'em someday :yes.  Anyhoo, my thoughts on what their ethnicities would be are based off of their eye colors and skin tones.  This leads me to believe the following:

*Littlefoot would be of Mediterranean descent.  He has dark features, and would most likely have the bronze look some Italians have.

*Cera would be of Western European descent.  She looks like she would have very fair features.  

*Petrie would be of Eastern European descent, most likely Russian.  He also looks like he could pass for having some Middle Eastern background in his ancestry.

*Ducky would most likely be a mix of Western European (her sky-blue eyes give it away) and Hungarian descent.  She totally reminds me of Bianca from The Rescuers, who is a Hungarian character and portrayed by a native Hungarian (Eva Gabor).  In addition, Ducky's original portrayer Judith Barsi was Hungarian.  The look just fits.

*Spike would be of Western European descent, possibly Scandinavian.

*Ali would be entirely of Scots-Irish descent.

As far as looks are concerned, here's what I think:

*Littlefoot- 6'2", 160 lbs.  Short brown hair, brown eyes, bronze skin tone.

*Cera- 5'5", 125 lbs.  Shoulderblade-length curly light brown hair, green-blue eyes, very fair skin tone.

*Spike- 5'10", 190 lbs.  Spiky light brown hair, reddish-brown eyes, light skin tone.

*Ali- 5'11", 135 lbs.  Shoulder-length red hair, light blue eyes, very fair skin tone.

*Petrie- 5'3", 125 lbs.  Medium-length black hair, black eyes, fair skin tone.

*Ducky- 4'11", 115 lbs.  Hip length dark brown hair, sky-blue eyes, fair skin tone.

Those are just my ideas :p.

Caustizer

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Everybody leaves out Ruby in their pictures  :lol

I have never thought of the gang along these lines, as I've always known them as dinosaurs.  I guess it surpasses the limit of my imagination, or just my preferences.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
I'm not a Ruby fan which is why I didn't draw her into my picture. And on top of that, it's really hard to determine what she would look like as a human.

And I never really thought about the gang having any nationalities. I just drew them based on their personalities.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Almaron,Sep 19 2009 on  04:33 AM
As for Chomper...I have no idea. To make him human would be difficult, as it would require an entire country (Representing Sharpteeth) to be hostile to everyone else in the world. I don't know.

Well, the following may be a good place to start:

*North Korea
*Iran
*Iraq
*Cuba
*Myanmar/Burma

Sky

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://hakunaro.deviantart.com
Hey, I know that pic from the first post. :D
I never thought about their nationalities... that makes it more interesting.

Heh, makes me want to draw them as humans too.  :p  :lol