The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Land Before Time and Kingdom Hearts

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://animeboye.deviantart.com/
the games? I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks how awesome it would be to see Littlefoot and Sora fighting together. I know it probably wouldn't happen unless Square and Disney decided to do what Nintendo did for Brawl and add in a 3rd party world. Let's say they do put a Land Before Time world into a Kingdom Hearts game. Would they:

1.Give Sora a Dino Form? And if yes, what would he be? A Longneck, Threehorn, Spiketail, etc?

2. Who would he fight with? Most likely either Littlefoot or Cera IMO.

3. What movie would the world follow? Or would it just have its own story? And if so what would the story be about?

That's all I can think of right now. I already have my idea for an LBT world but I'd like to hear other's ideas. And feel free to add your own questions if you wish.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
This would be totally awesome! I was wondering why the producers never got permission from Universal to use LBT since the franchise has always been considered a rival to Disney. If this were to exist, this is what I see:

1. Sora would be a longneck, Donald would be a flyer, and Goofy would be a spiketail. For the sake of Jiminy, I see him as a swimmer.

2. Although it would be kind of hard to imagine, I would have the three of them fight with Littlefoot and the gang.

3. I think creating a new story using an existing enemy would work fine. I think this would be perfect for the heartless to recruit all of the major enemies of the gang such as Ozzy/Strut, Rinkus/Sierra, Dil/Icky, some sharptooth, etc...

This makes me remember the fanfic A Time Before Twilight, if I got the name right, by KingdomKey, again if I got the name right. He had the three of them in those respective forms and the gang were fighting the heartless.

I say this should happen!

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
I've always thought it would be cool if a LBT world would be in a KH game even though LBT isn't disney, but still.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
lol, oh my god. I cannot believe I'm seeing a topic like this.

Perhaps you haven't read my fic, A Time Before Twilight. XD I have yet to update it though. Gives my own perspective. I kinda doubt it'd happen in real life though. Aside from the fact it's not Disney, I don't think people who hate LBT would like to see it in a KH game. XD

Belmont2500

• Yet another wordsmith
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Maybe if they ever did include it, then it could be a secret world and what not.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Actually, KingdomKey23, I did read your fanfic. And in return, it inspired me to do a Land Before Time/Kingdom Hearts comic XD. You never know though. Maybe one day Disney will bring in a 3rd party world. And Don Bluth did use to animate for Disney so I guess you could say his movies are honorary Disney films.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 17 2009 on  05:25 PM
Actually, KingdomKey23, I did read your fanfic. And in return, it inspired me to do a Land Before Time/Kingdom Hearts comic XD. You never know though. Maybe one day Disney will bring in a 3rd party world. And Don Bluth did use to animate for Disney so I guess you could say his movies are honorary Disney films.
Really? Thanks. :) Did you make the comic yet? I'd love to see it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: KingdomKey23,Nov 17 2009 on  05:53 PM
Quote from: Animeboye,Nov 17 2009 on  05:25 PM
Really? Thanks. :) Did you make the comic yet? I'd love to see it.
Not yet. I plan to get to work on it soon though. Right around Thanksgiving break I may start on it.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Belmont2500,Nov 17 2009 on  04:44 PM
Maybe if they ever did include it, then it could be a secret world and what not.
Either that or get rid of Pooh's world. I have nothing against it but it really doesn't serve any purpose in the games.

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Well what do you no I to had this thought awhile ago and I think it make sense for one reason...disney did own LBT for a little while so I don't see how it wouldn't match the Kingdom Hearts Game.

(no Ideas at the moment).

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: NeoGenesis005,Nov 19 2009 on  06:27 PM
Well what do you no I to had this thought awhile ago and I think it make sense for one reason...disney did own LBT for a little while so I don't see how it wouldn't match the Kingdom Hearts Game.

Actually, I remember they showed LBT on...I think Toon Disney. I am not entirely sure.

Oh yeah; I forgot Don Bluth animated some of the Disney movies.

Littlefoot1616

• The Circle
  • Cera
  • The game is on; so let's play!
    • View Profile

OK...just to clarify. At what point did Disney ever own LBT? Granted Don Bluth has worked on Disney movies before making his own (e.g. Robin Hood is a prime example) but Bluth was well into his own realms of movie making independent from Disney when LBT was out. Just because it was aired on Toon Disney doesn't mean Disney own it. They would just give Universal broadcasting rights to use their channel for airing (for a mighty fee I would assume) but it wouldn't exchange ownership.

Still, I've always contemplated the idea of an LBT world in Kingdom Hearts. KK23's awesome fanfic is about the closest that's come to it. Would be nice to see an update from ya on that fic matey  ;) The concept is easy to implement. I'd say, maybe helping Littlefoot and the gang get to the Great Valley after they've just joined up together as a group. Still, little wonders eh?  :DD

TheGirlFromFinland

• Ruby
    • View Profile
I think Sora's and co's dino forms could be:

Sora: Threehorn (Well, he can be pretty stubborn)
Donald: Flyer,Sharpbeak or Glider
Goofy: Spiketail
Riku: Domehead or Sharptooth
Kairi: Threehorn or Longneck

I also think completly original story for it meaning no plot from any movie.

KingdomKey23

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Nov 20 2009 on  03:17 AM

OK...just to clarify. At what point did Disney ever own LBT? Granted Don Bluth has worked on Disney movies before making his own (e.g. Robin Hood is a prime example) but Bluth was well into his own realms of movie making independent from Disney when LBT was out. Just because it was aired on Toon Disney doesn't mean Disney own it. They would just give Universal broadcasting rights to use their channel for airing (for a mighty fee I would assume) but it wouldn't exchange ownership.

Still, I've always contemplated the idea of an LBT world in Kingdom Hearts. KK23's awesome fanfic is about the closest that's come to it. Would be nice to see an update from ya on that fic matey  ;) The concept is easy to implement. I'd say, maybe helping Littlefoot and the gang get to the Great Valley after they've just joined up together as a group. Still, little wonders eh?  :DD
I'm not saying Toon Disney owned it. I'm just saying I saw it on Toon Disney once, which I found weird. Universal always owned it. But I'm an idiot when it comes to copyrighting and legal issues, so I don't know squat. XD

A Time Before Twilight's entire story resolves around the Land Before Time Universe, so if it was just another world in a KH game, I'm not too sure how to create a story around that. Most of the Disney worlds in KH were loosely based off of their respected movies, but they threw in fresh ideas. (Well, except for POTCB. They completely paraphrased the movie. lol)

I honestly don't know. I would like an original idea. Maybe a giant heartless is hiding out in the valley or something.

And, sorry about not updating. I've been actually thinking of a new way to write the story out. If it works, I could pump out a new chapter every week. Right now I'm really busy. It's hard when you have two other fanfics running at the same time.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Hopefully the level would follow the original movie only. We don't need another Atlantica sing and dance level.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

NeoGenesis005

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Quote from: Littlefoot1616,Nov 20 2009 on  03:17 AM
OK...just to clarify. At what point did Disney ever own LBT? Granted Don Bluth has worked on Disney movies before making his own (e.g. Robin Hood is a prime example) but Bluth was well into his own realms of movie making independent from Disney when LBT was out. Just because it was aired on Toon Disney doesn't mean Disney own it. They would just give Universal broadcasting rights to use their channel for airing (for a mighty fee I would assume) but it wouldn't exchange ownership.=QUOTE]

Yeah your absolutely right I actually read some where on the Internet.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
My idea for the story would be more in tune to the original. Littlefoot is having bad sleep stories(nightmares) about his mother's death. As the story in the LBT world goes on, it reveals that Littlefoot still has resentment towards the Sharptooth that killed his mother. He's approached by a member of Organization 13 (in human form) who tells him that the Sharptooth is still alive and that if Littlefoot gives in to the darkness in his heart, he'll be able to finally put an end to Sharptooth. However, what the Organization really wants is Littlefoot's Heartless and Nobody(Like Xaldin in Beast's Castle) as they sense that out of all the Great Valley inhabitants, Littlefoot's heart is the strongest.

So far my idea for the comic is to just have Sora(as a longneck. Sorry KingdomKey. The idea's just too cool) explore the Great Valley with Littlefoot and the gang. I may add Donald and Goofy. I jsut don't know if I can draw them.

So how's the story sound?

jedi472

• Jedi Knight
  • Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Sounds pretty cool. Will it be a comic book? You mentioned you were going to draw.

Animeboye

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Yep. Sadly I don't know when I'll post it but I'll let everyone know once I do.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
The story concept sounds good. The premise sounds like something straight out of the games, which is a good start. God luck with it, Animeboye.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf