The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

The Land Before Time Dinosaur Arcade 3D

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
I just got this in the mail today.  Here it is, The Land Before Time Dinosaur Arcade 3D.

This is a rarity.  It's so rare, I didn't even want to tell you guys about it.  I had secretly known about this item, and I NEVER put it up on my site.  I apologize if I come off as a bad person for such betrayal. -_-

Anyways, this game came out in 2000.  This was when we were still trying to perfect 3D, despite many game studios being taught the "proper" way of doing things. (Super Mario 64 was the first to get it right, and we only grew from there.) However, there were still places that weren't doing it the right way.

This is 3D at an angle, rather than actual 3D.  The characters are portrayed in a different style of animation, not looking all that great in the end, but is mainly used to show off the gimmick of 3D.

However, the games is where this one tends to shine.  The controls are simple and the games are actually fun.  I did not expect it.  It was quite surprising.  Sadly, you can go through all 6 games in less than half an hour.  Still, they're fun while they last.

So yeah, a good direction in the "fun" element, but really need to work on the graphics.

Expect this for a future Let's Play. :)

See ya guys later!

Nintendoofah64

• Spike
    • View Profile
is that game by nintendo? :confused  It looks like i can see the logo next to the E rating

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
It's cover art is identical to Return to the Great Valley, which also came out in 2000, and has the same recommended age range, that of very young children :p Are you sure it's not just that game?

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: LettuceBacon&Tomato,Dec 8 2010 on  06:45 AM
It's cover art is identical to Return to the Great Valley, which also came out in 2000, and has the same recommended age range, that of very young children :p Are you sure it's not just that game?
They are NOT the same.  The ONLY reason the cover art is the same is because they got lazy on it and just slapped on a different title.  Despite this, the games are quite different.

Return to the Great Valley is a 3D adventure game, while Dinosaur Arcade is just a bunch of small games put together.

So yeah, different games, but same art cover because they got lazy there.