The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Possible Sequel Scenarios

Littlefoot Fan 93

• Spike
    • View Profile
I know that the chances that there is going to be another sequel is next to zero. However I wanted to know what you think you want if there was another sequel.  :DD

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is an interesting poll :DD

Although I'd really like to see the Gang being older, I chose 'no changes' because the chance that they'd fail would be higher if they are older. But that's just me :P:
Inactive, probably forever.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
I would not really like to see the characters grow up in a hypothetical sequel, but rather than "no changes" I would prefer for such a sequel be get a bit more "back to the roots" of the original movie and the early sequels allowing for somewhat dark elements as well.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
I chose number three because I thought it would be the most interesting to see.

Like Malte I would have liked a sequel more in tune with the original movie, darker but not melodramatically "grimdark", and I think that making the characters a little older might give new story material.

Although I'd really like to see the Gang being older, I chose 'no changes' because the chance that they'd fail would be higher if they are older.
You may be right if this was applied to real dinosaurs, but since they live in the safety of the Great Valley the gang has a much better chance of making it to adulthood.  :p

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
You may be right if this was applied to real dinosaurs, but since they live in the safety of the Great Valley the gang has a much better chance of making it to adulthood. dino_tongue.gif
With 'they' I actually meant the producers of LBT  :smile I should have made it clearer :oops
Inactive, probably forever.

Sole Survivor

I voted for an older more mature sequel because the fans who grew up with the original would probably like to see the gang all grown up with kids of their own.

FreckledOne

• Spike
    • View Profile
With 'they' I actually meant the producers of LBT
Oh. Whoops  :oops That actually makes more sense. Though I think if Don Bluth made a sequel where the gang was older it would be pure unadulterated awesome. The other producers/directors? Not so much.  :confused

I voted for an older more mature sequel because the fans who grew up with the original would probably like to see the gang all grown up with kids of their own.
Yeah, it might be neat to see any kids they might have. And welcome to the GOF!  :wave

MurMur

• Petrie
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Jun 19 2013 on  05:54 AM
I would not really like to see the characters grow up in a hypothetical sequel, but rather than "no changes" I would prefer for such a sequel be get a bit more "back to the roots" of the original movie and the early sequels allowing for somewhat dark elements as well.
My opinions here are exactly the same. The whole franchise should be a little more "dark", it's not a comedy series after all. Make it "dark", just not to the point of cynicism, of course.