The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Guest Character Reappearances

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
Unless of course we end up having Chomper's parents say something like, "Oh yeah, those two were delicious!" Or something like that

Ha!  That would be pretty good.  They should seriously do that!  I do think that they're dead though.  That's just my personal opinion based on the above arguments and I don't wanna repeat what's already been said. ;)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
Leaving aside the likelihood or unlikeliness of Ozzy's and Strut's escape, what do you think of them just on the basis of their characters. Do you think that they could make a meaningful reappearance in a land before time story?

Hey Malte, have you seen LBT 12 yet? If so, what's your opinion on Guido?
I did watch LBT 12 and posted a long review in the respective thread. On Guido I wrote:
Guido is a character rather different from those we’ve seen so far. He does follow the “tradition” of keeping many new character mysterious (as in case of Doc and the rainbowfaces). We never learn about how he really got to the Great Valley. It is very likely that he was sleepwalking / -flying and ended up in the Great Valley, but why didn’t he remember anything at all? And what about his family? Wouldn’t they look for him? Or did perhaps their fate (assuming that they were killed by predators or the like) cause a shock and Guido’s apparent amnesia? The voice of Guido was a little difficult to get used to as far as I’m concerned. His way of talking was interesting though. Did you realize he told all of Petrie’s siblings in a most uncontroversial manner that they were buttheads?
Guido was certainly more interesting than the other new character which LBT 12 provided, Tricia.
One other point of interest about Guido is, that he is the definite proof that creatures who eat other creatures are not generally "prohibited" in the Great Valley. In one scene we saw Guido eat a worm and while I think there were some disgusted looks nobody "intervened" on behalf of the worm.
I don't have any real objections against a return of Guido, but it would be good to have him return in a movie better than LBT 12 (an LBT movie which wasn't exactly bad, but didn't reach what I would like to call "LBT standarts" either). Do you have any concrete thoughts for a return of Guido? Which role he could play etc.?

Littlefoot

• Spike
    • View Profile
    • http://Closed!
For a return I prefer Chomper Ali Ozzy and Strut (those two are very funny ones)

pokeplayer984

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 3 2007 on  02:48 AM
Leaving aside the likelihood or unlikeliness of Ozzy's and Strut's escape, what do you think of them just on the basis of their characters. Do you think that they could make a meaningful reappearance in a land before time story?

Hey Malte, have you seen LBT 12 yet? If so, what's your opinion on Guido?
I did watch LBT 12 and posted a long review in the respective thread. On Guido I wrote:
Guido is a character rather different from those we’ve seen so far. He does follow the “tradition” of keeping many new character mysterious (as in case of Doc and the rainbowfaces). We never learn about how he really got to the Great Valley. It is very likely that he was sleepwalking / -flying and ended up in the Great Valley, but why didn’t he remember anything at all? And what about his family? Wouldn’t they look for him? Or did perhaps their fate (assuming that they were killed by predators or the like) cause a shock and Guido’s apparent amnesia? The voice of Guido was a little difficult to get used to as far as I’m concerned. His way of talking was interesting though. Did you realize he told all of Petrie’s siblings in a most uncontroversial manner that they were buttheads?
Guido was certainly more interesting than the other new character which LBT 12 provided, Tricia.
One other point of interest about Guido is, that he is the definite proof that creatures who eat other creatures are not generally "prohibited" in the Great Valley. In one scene we saw Guido eat a worm and while I think there were some disgusted looks nobody "intervened" on behalf of the worm.
I don't have any real objections against a return of Guido, but it would be good to have him return in a movie better than LBT 12 (an LBT movie which wasn't exactly bad, but didn't reach what I would like to call "LBT standarts" either). Do you have any concrete thoughts for a return of Guido? Which role he could play etc.?
As much as I hate Ozzy and dislike Strut, (I don't hate Strut, but I don't like him either.  Let's just say he pushed it with his request of what to do to Littlefoot.) I would like them to return.

To be fully honest, I do hate Ozzy, but he's a guy I enjoy hating.  There's reasons I hate him enough to want to see him die, yes, but he's quite a good villian.

Strut I feel can be just as evil, maybe even more, when he wants to be, but he has a kinder side.  It is one I think could be used nicely in a reappearance of him and his brother.

So, as long as they play the villian, I'd welcome a return. :)

As for Guido, well, I must admit that I welcomed him more than Tricia.  There was something different about Guido that I couldn't put my finger on.  Not even at this point can I figure out what my true opinion is on this guy.  I do find him quite silly, which did make LBT 12 even more welcome.

The only real thing I want out of Guido at this moment, is to NOT have him and Petrie do a duet together.  They were just horrible together, even though I do have alot of respect for them making a mockery out of what is arguibly the worst LBT TV Series song around. ;)

So, I just really don't have a full opinion on Guido, yet.  Sorry. :)

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,Aug 3 2007 on  02:48 AM
Did you realize he told all of Petrie’s siblings in a most uncontroversial manner that they were buttheads?
Hahaha, yeah. It's still beyond me why he would do that.

Ptyra

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
    • http://z8.invisionfree.com/The_Valley/index.php?
Quote from: Malte279,Jul 28 2007 on  07:41 AM
What was so bad about Ozzy and Strut? They were kind of the "classical" pair of one real villain and one foolish sidekick.
Recently, I've been thinking of them as Pinky and the Brain...I mean, Strut sounds like Pinky and Ozzy's voice slightly reminds me of a less 'try to take over the world' voice, but makes me think of Brain...

Okay, so I'd like to extend my list: Pterano, Dina, and Dana (gosh, those two were adorable ^____^). Least would probobly be Rinkus and Sierra (they were more of the villains in 7). Personally, I'd like to see Swooper in one of the movies  :lol ! Oh I've got to include him in my fanfic

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Most guest characters could be interesting and bring something new if they were brought back in a movie with a less silly plot.  Though certain characters do fit certain types of plots better then others.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I can't put my finger on just one character to like or dislike.

I would like to see the bullies return after five or ten years, when the gang has grown a bit.  :)

Serris

• General of the Great Valley
  • Member+
  • The Gang of Five
  • The cyberpunk Deinonychus
    • View Profile
I would REALLY want Chomper to reappear. He seems so integral to the series

Ozzie and Strut. I do want them to reappear. They were hilarious (especially Strut.)

I wouldn't mind if Ithcy and Dil were to reappear (As long as they don't sing "Who Needs You" again. That song was REALLY an "ouch" moment for me. :x)

Sierra/Rinkus. Hmm. This is tough. As much as I think Sierra is a sadistic jerk, he and Rinkus do have great potential to be the next villians.

The Sharptooth from the 1st LBT. I do want him to reappear, but he's dead (or is he?). This idea is explored in a fanfic that I'm currently in the planning stage of.

I can't think of any characters that do not deserve to reappear.

Poster of the GOF's 200,000th post

Please read and rate: Land Before Time: Twilight Valley - The GOF's original LBT war story.

Chiletrek

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hello:
 Chomper, because I want to know how he met Ruby and how they both ended up in the Great Valley, I think that could be better explained in a movie perhaps, if they don't make Ruby a serie-only character.
 Guido, this guy became a favourite of mine, mainly because he is quirky, and the funiest flyers I've seen since Flapper :^.^: .
 Bron, but I am not too sure about him to reappear, we all know he will have more adventures with his son, but I don't see that happening soon, maybe later in Littlefoot's life.
 There are many more characters, but I cannot remmeber all so I cannot really tell more.

LBTFan13

• Cera
    • View Profile
well i can't say chomper, because he's in the series.

i would like to see ali come back more often. honestly, i ddn't really like how she was portrayed in the tv episode. she hadn't seen littlefoot and cera in so long, and the first thing she doe is criticize them for being jealous? that's not the ali i remember.

i really didn't like ichy or dill, so i wouldn't be heartbroken if they didn't return.

aabicus (LettuceBacon&Tomato)

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Rations
    • View Profile
    • aabicus.com
I'd like to see Ducky and her siblings get themselves a movie. Petrie and his brothers/sisters recieved both a movie and a TV episode, but Ducky's siblings have from the start been little more than background fillers (at least the ones her age are, the batch born in LBT #2 haven't even been that).

As for characters I don't want to see again, the yellow-bellies take the cake. The mute one on his own would be tolerable, but any or all of the others were just too rediculous to grace the screen a second time.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
As for characters I don't want to see again, the yellow-bellies take the cake. The mute one on his own would be tolerable, but any or all of the others were just too rediculous to grace the screen a second time.

AMEN TO THAT!!!

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
The closest Ducky & her siblings got was the 8th movie, it seems.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Favorites:
  • Ali
  • Shorty
  • Guido
  • Ruby :rolleyes:
  • Chomper

I don't have any non-favorite reappearances.

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Favorite guest character reappearance: Guido :smile!

Least favorite guest character reappearance: Ali :rolleyes.

Uh, as a side note, I don't believe the Yellowbellies made a reappearance.  They were only featured in LBT XIII :unsure:.

Adder

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://https://www.youtube.com/user/LadyBlueAOFW
Quote from: Cancerian Tiger,Nov 3 2010 on  07:37 PM
Uh, as a side note, I don't believe the Yellowbellies made a reappearance.  They were only featured in LBT XIII :unsure:.
Oh, I thought it meant list who'd you want to appear again. :oops