The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Misc. Hobbies

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Put any of your hobbies here. As long as they don't have a category.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I have quite a few, though likely they don't count as hobbies, but I"ll post them anyway and if anyone doesn't like it tough.  

Web surfing, reading some of the comic book collected books I have, listening to pod casts,  sorta pc video games (though taking a vacation from those),

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Finally! A post!

I like to glowstring. If you don't know what it is, look it up on YouTube. There are quite a few videos there.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Interesting.  I've seen that on various videos but never heard there was at term for that.

Also forgot to add reading some science magazines.

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
The only real hobby I have (if you can call it one) is soundtrack collecting. :p

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I actually am fairly good with a pair of glowsticks on strings.

I also like to RUbik's Cube and do origami.

WeirdRaptor

• Cera
    • View Profile
    • Knowhere: A Geek Culture Fan Forum
Reading, writing, tabletop RPGing with some buddies, playing video games, music listening (via CDs that I collect) and occasional model building.
"All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you." -Gandalf

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I also like to read. I wish I had more books, though.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
watching horrer, action and sic-fi films andi guess singing is a hobbie

Dash The Longneck

• Ducky
    • View Profile
Acting, Roleplaying, singing, DVD collecting, Writing fanfictions, etc.etc.etc.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like Roleplaying as well, forgot to add that, & Dvd's, though that is on hold at the moment, with certain exceptions.

lbt/cty_lover

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
This might seem nerdy, but I like doing math. It is like a semi-hobby.

Clawandfang

• Petrie
    • View Profile
I used to be alright on the Diablo, though I haven't messed around with it for ages.

action9000

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm, I guess I have quite a few, actually. :p

I'm an amateur digital music guy. :p
I enjoy both composing new music and reproducing/rearranging existing music, such as that from videogame or movie soundtracks, some standalone songs and even some LBT stuff.  I have uploaded a few MIDI files to the Videogame Music Archive in the past but I haven't completed anything for them in a few years now.  I enjoy MIDI stuff and have always been fascinated by the ability of a single person to "pretend" to be as large of an ensemble as he/she wishes. ;)  I've always found the results to be quite interesting and fulfilling.  

Since my work with pure MIDI files, I have moved into the .wav and .mp3 realm, working with fairly high-end softare and virtual instrument technology.  Very demanding on a computer but the results are worth it.  Very satisfying! :D

I'd like to get a bit more into live music performance as well but I lack the ability on any musical instrument.  I can play piano and trumpet a little bit, but not well enough to do anything especially interesting.  I'm working on teaching myself piano and I haven't had access to a trumpet in 4 years so I'm probably Very rusty on that! :p

I've thought about trying to write up sheet music for the Land Before Time soundtrack, as none exists on the market, with the exception of If We Hold On Together, for piano, guitar and vocal.  I know there wouldn't be much of an audience for such a product but I still think it would be a nice keepsake to have. :)  It would be a huge undertaking though, so I've been putting it off.

I also enjoy programming.  I have some experience with C, C++, Java, the Blitz3d BASIC language (thanks Aves!), and a small amount of experience programming industrial logic controllers and distributed control sytems (from college).  I've been casually attempting to develop a 3d game lately but I'm having a few issues here and there, especially with finding time to work on it.

I enjoy casual video games once in awhile, especially with friends.  I play video games on occasion by myself but I usually find something else to do.  As for the types of games: usually party games (Mario party, Smash Bros, DDR, Rock Band, stuff like that), shooters, racing games...anything I can pick up for a short time without needing to donate huge chunks of time to, which is why I dropped World of Warcraft.  I just couldn't justify giving it that much time.  I used to play WoW though. :P:

Aside from computer stuff, I've always been a fan of casual sports:
Ultimate Frisbee, laser tag, badminton, tennis, bowling, volleyball, squash, soccer, ping pong, foosball (not football...foosball :P:)...whatever!  Unfortunately, so many of these sports require getting people together to play, which so rarely happens. :(  I'm not part of any league or team, nor am I especially good at any of those sports (well, I used to be alright at ping pong) but I still enjoy the atmosphere of a good game. :wow

Let's see, what else do I like to do...
Like Petrie, I like collecting soundtracks, though it's not really in the budget right now to pick up everything I'd like.  I'm putting off buying music while I save for other things I'd like to pick up.

I like designing, planning things such as the ultimate, yet economical, bachelor home. :p  I also enjoy large technological appliances - TVs, sound systems, etc.  I like mucking around with them. :lol:

Cancerian Tiger

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Apart from my very active lifestyle, I play video games, especially MK: Armageddon and Tony Hawk's Underground 2 (kicka** games :P:).  I still have a Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.  I was basically born playing Mario :lol.  I also play a Yahoo! game series called Mystery Case Files, read books on scientific matters, write a lot, draw people, listen to music, play my harmonica, meditate, and snoop around on the GOF topics :D.

Mirumoto_Kenjiro

• Cera
    • View Profile
Hmm...  My hobbies would include plastic models (mostly military planes and sports cars), reading, experimental cooking, and vain attempts at drawing.

My more active hobbies are those listed in sports.

Timehopper

• Spike
    • View Profile
Wow... :blink:  I have so many hobbies, but I do love to make collages, scrapbooks, and shadowboxes, experiment with writing and art, rollerblading, talking pictures of random things...I also have a current fascination with Slinkies.

mcr mad

• Spike
    • View Profile
writing rsp lyric's a hava a new song but i think its a bit ofesve to americans

The Chronicler

• Bionicle fan of GoF
  • Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I collect and build Bionicle sets. I've been collecting them since the first ones came out in 2001. I forget how many sets I have, but I know it's well over 100.

"I have a right to collect anything I want. It's just junk anyway."
- Berix

My first fanfiction: Quest for the Energy Stones
My unfinished and canceled second fanfiction: Quest for the Mask of Life
My currently ongoing fanfiction series: LEGO Equestria Girls