The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

Scouting Sunrise

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://xerofocusstudios.com/forums/portal.php
This morning, I, like many Scouts around the world, took part in a local Scouting event called Scouting Sunrise, celebrating 100 years of Scouting across the world, the event started at 8:00 AM all around the world (time zone to time zone) and celebrated the more or less experiment that was done on August 1st, 1907, on Brownsea Island, which Lord Robert Baden Powell took 20 boys and marked what qualifies as the first Scouting event

:birthday

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
So you're in scouts too?  Cool! :P:  I got my Eagle Scout award and a bronze palm back in July.  Now I am working as an adult leader with the troop.  Stick with it, man!  It gives you a real sense of accomplishment and also gives you an oppertunity to help others.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
a fellow NESA member eh? I became an Eagle in March of this year and am earning my first palm and maybe second at the next court :D I'm also a Brotherhood member of Order of the Arrow and a Firebuilder in Mic-O-Say (Another honor camping society in Osceola, Missouri)

cool info :D

F-14 Ace

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I turned 18 before I could get a second palm but congrats and go for those palms! :DD   They look awesome and show that you are willing to go above and beyond what is expected.  I was the first person in my troop to ever get a palm and hopefully, others will follow my example.  My troop currently has an upcoming Eagle Scout who is working on getting a palm.

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
I should've been able to get 6 palms, but because a couple of leaders lost my stuff... I can't get 6, only 5, and nothing makes me angrier

Petrie.

• Hatchling
  • It's good to be the king!
    • View Profile
Wow, you guys are busy beavers.  :o   I don't remember going past second class.  :lol

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I've never understood the Boy Scouts, the Girl Scouts, the Eagle Scouts, the [insert name] Scouts, etc.

landbeforetimelover

• Member+
  • Littlefoot
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thelandbeforetime.org
I've never understood the Boy Scouts, the Girl Scouts, the Eagle Scouts, the [insert name] Scouts, etc.

Me neither.  All I know is it has something to do with nature. :huh:

Tails_155

• Ducky
    • View Profile
The Boy Scouts/Girl Scouts/Venturing Scouts/Rover Scouts/Cub Scouts/Varsity Scouts/Girl Guides, like 4H, teach leadership and teamwork, and show a code of ethics, the organization was created by Lord Robert Baden Powell, and the experiment on Brownsea Island started the phenomenon... the codes followed by the Boy Scouts are

The Law:

A Scout is Trustworthy
A Scout is Loyal
A Scout is Helpful
A Scout is Friendly
A Scout is Courteous
A Scout is Kind
A Scout is Obedient
A Scout is Cheerful
A Scout is Thrifty
A Scout is Brave
A Scout is Clean
A Scout is Reverent

The Oath:

On my honor, I, (name, sometimes said without one's name), will
Do my best, to do my duty, to God and my country,
And to obey the Scout Law,
To help other people at all times,
To keep myself physically strong, mentally awake, and morally straight.

The Motto:

Be Prepared

The Slogan:

Do a good turn daily

and the Outdoor Code

As an American I will do my best to
Be clean in my outdoor manner
Be careful with fire
Be considerate in the outdoors, and
Be conservation minded.

These are the guidelines of The Boy Scouts of America, every country has slightly varying versions of their oath, motto, code and all that... but most stick to Be Prepared and rather close laws...

I can become more in depth but it's slightly off topic unless I change this to "Scouting" in general, which I could if you prefer

Manny Cav

• Cera
    • View Profile
I thought this topic was about scouts, anyway.

NewOrder

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • No Sense of Reason
If there's something I hate is Scouts, the ones I've meat are all presumptuous and arrogant, they're all like "woo we have our little group and we do stuff, having no free time for ourselves, no one else can be a part of us" bah!

I have nothing against you guys, and I found scouting to be a very interesting concept and activity, however the scouts I've met so far, you wouldn't want to meet them, I can tell you that.
I'm hip, I'm cool. I'm a happening fool