The Land Before Time > Character Showcase

Petrie Showcase - June 2019

(1/6) > >>

rhombus:
Petrie, you're on!

Ummm.... well, I'm sure he will regain consciousness soon...  :opetrie

In this topic please feel free to discuss Petrie as a character, to share your own creations (fanfics or fanart), or to mention some of your favorite fanworks of others involving this character.  For a full set of rules please see the Monthly Character Showcase topic but keep in mind that this is meant to be fun as opposed to any sort of contest.

I will go ahead and get the discussion started with two somewhat related questions concerning our favorite grammar-challenged flyer:

1) Has your perspective on Petrie changed over the course of the films and, if so, how so?; and

2) What are your thoughts overall on Petrie as a character?

DiddyKF1:

--- Quote from: rhombus on June 01, 2019, 12:23:30 AM ---Ummm.... well, I'm sure he will regain consciousness soon...  :opetrie

--- End quote ---

Petrie: (regains consciousness) Uh, ... it s-safe to come out now? :opetrie

Ducky: Do not worry, Petrie. They are not going to hurt you. Nope, nope, nope. :duckyhappy

Ah, yes. That cute little guy. Everyone's lovable "Eyes in the Sky!" What can I say? Well, sometimes I feel that simply his presence is enough to put even the faintest smile on your face. In that perspective, I'm sorta aiming towards his scenes in LBT IX. I know that "Imaginary Friend" song was not the greatest, but I think his cute voice and simply his presence alone took some of that negativity away and shed some positive light on him. To be honest, I thought he was just adorable in that movie, and I can't really think of other reasons other than those I've already pointed out. :smile

--- Quote from: rhombus on June 01, 2019, 12:23:30 AM ---1) Has your perspective on Petrie changed over the course of the films and, if so, how so?; and

--- End quote ---

When I first watched the original film, I really didn't have to many thoughts about Petrie. We never saw him hatch, and I was left wondering if he was just some kind of "nobody" with no family or no real ambitions, but after the end of the film, I knew I was wrong. With each sequel, I gradually found him to be quite a cute, little guy, especially with Jeff Bennett in the role. Once I saw the seventh film, he became my favorite character, and that hasn't changed since! :smile The twelfth film especially effected the way I saw him, and it gave me some ideas about how he may have had a rough family history.

Oh, and need I say more about his friendship with Ducky? :duckyhappy I ... think I've already worn that subject out. LOL!

--- Quote from: rhombus on June 01, 2019, 12:23:30 AM ---2) What are your thoughts overall on Petrie as a character?

--- End quote ---

Petrie is absolutely adorable! Hands down! I think the way I had Ducky described him in my "Secret Love" story says it all; his "squeakily" voice, his small size and cute looks, not to mention his "smiley face." He may be afraid to try new things, and he'd probably much rather be relaxing with his snuggling stick or flying in a rather peaceful sky, but deep down, he's a loving and friendly character, and motivation can drive him into being the brave one when he needs to. To this day, I think that saving Guido from the Sailback in LBT XII was the bravest thing I ever saw him do.

Anagnos:
I figured you would be first to post their thoughts on this topic, Diddy.  :OhYou What it comes to Petrie, he has always been one of my favorite characters in the series. His distinct parlance is certainly fun and even more interesting to listen. And let's not forget how brave he can be when the situation demands it. Like encountering Sharptooth face-to-face, even though he must have been very frightened indeed.  :^^spike

ImpracticalDino:
Why do I love his broken English dialect so much? Petrie is the embodiment of cuteness overload, I'll say. He may seem cowardly and afraid most of the time, but he's always able to muster enough courage to be there for his friends when the situation gets dire. That's what I call true bravery folks. He can definitely face his fears quite well when the time comes.

DiddyKF1:
You know, we could sure do with a smiling Petrie emote, seeing that this forum doesn't have one yet. How's about this cute piece I made last year? Anyone who's willing to make a smiling Petrie emote out of this, you have my permission. :yes

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version