The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

LBT videogame

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ineinemlandvorunsererzeit.de.vu
As for the matter of plots, do you think that we can / should include even complicate topics such as racism, leafeater/carnivore relationships (Chomper) etc.? On the pro side this would certainly widen our possibilities for a plot and would also be more likely to transport some kind of "message" to the player, on the contra side we would have to deal with complex issues and guard against them making the game too far from LBT as we know it from the movies. Maybe we should meet for another chat on the game at MSN.
Please everyone who would like to participate in such a chat, let us know your MSN identities or create one if you don't have any. We would really like you to have your input in the chats as well  :)
The first matter to be decided is/are the plot(s) for the game. The plot(s) suggestion(s) should not be posted here in the board anymore (so there won't be any spoilers for people who are likely to play the game once we finish it) but rather via email or MSN.

trexmaster

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: Malte279,May 7 2006 on  02:43 AM
Veto! No non-LBT elements.
How does one define a "non-LBT" element?

I admit no civilizations existed in dinosaur days, but since LBT takes so many liberties with history anyway, I don't see why people or their monuments would look out of place in the LBT fantasy world.

JojotheIncredible

• Chomper
    • View Profile
Quote from: trexmaster,May 7 2006 on  07:40 AM
Quote from: Malte279,May 7 2006 on  02:43 AM
Veto! No non-LBT elements.
How does one define a "non-LBT" element?

I admit no civilizations existed in dinosaur days, but since LBT takes so many liberties with history anyway, I don't see why people or their monuments would look out of place in the LBT fantasy world.
Time to establish a rule for fantasy elements.. If it hasn't appeared in LBT yet, it will not appear in our game.

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
lol its been more than a year since anyone's posted about developing a LBT video game, I was intrigued at the time about this and I thought about making some kind of adventure game in the style of clock tower where you run and hide and try and outsmart the enemy rather than fighting them, so I've been playing around bit in adventure game maker and I've been trying to create a littlefoot character, so far its a bit amateurish, as I'm terrible at drawing, the front and back views I had to draw/trace myself, whilst I admit of cheating a bit with the side views as I've copied them off the original LBT movie and modified them a little bit, you might not be able to see it very well as I've had to resize the gif image so that imagecave website would accept it, making it look pretty bitty in the process.(lol hopefully the image should appear unlike my last post lol) Anyway, I'm just asking had anyone made any progress with making their own LBT game or have produced any new storyline/ideas since the last post?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe several folks can group together and make one, each one being good in certain areas, cgi art, art, music, plot writing, ect.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
No, the project was not continued, but nobody ever said that it might not be resumed. I know next to nothing about programming.
What you created looks impressive for me. How long did it take you to make it. There are the function buttons which would probably be required in an LBT game.
Why did Littlefoot pick up pins and a human skeleton? :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe componants in a spell to banish Redclaw forever.

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
:lol  that just came with a ready made template, lol I wanted to use the monkey island kind of adventure game interface rather than what came with the demo in the adventure game studio, anyway it took me a couple of weeks (I'm quite picky, and also busy with my full time job aswell) to make it lol I needed to look at the LBT movies at see what kind of animation movements where needed (up,down,left,right,talking,etc), then trace/draw/modifiy lol about 8-10 still drawing to make the walking cycles. I've also done littlefoot talking but I'll have edit the mouth images aswell, their still a bit rough, I'll try and post that tomorrow.

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
Woah :blink: , theres another Flathead here :wow .

Maybe componants in a spell to banish Redclaw forever
I was thinking the Littlefoot was polishing up on his Voodoo techniques. :lol

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Maybe he is.  Someone has to get rid of the nasty ol red claw, and maybe put a voodoo curse on those bullies too.

kjeldo

• Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://halolz.com
listen. the starter of this topic and some guys won't return :( but we will finish this! but alright i like the games like clock tower, the gang's main characters (littlefoot cera etc.)with his/her own abilities... as playable. and some other LBT characters (you know, ali chomper the bullies the grownups)

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
listen. the starter of this topic and some guys won't return sad.gif but we will finish this!
As a matter of fact Jojo, the member who started this thread posted in the GOF very recently after a long time of absence and I am happy to welcome him back here with us. :yes
Who knows, he might post in this thread again.
As for the sentiment of finishing the project I wholeheartedly agree that it should be finished, but to finish it it ought to be begun first. We need to know who would want to contribute to the project, what each member thinks that he or she can contribute, and we would have to discuss and agree on the basic outlines and setting of such a game (that is the kind of game it would be).
I still think that it would be best to try an adventure game (to provide a plot) with sequences of other game genres (to provide some variation within the game). I am not familiar with the game clock tower except for Wikipedia articles I checked out just now. The basic setting of it is an adventure game too though? The direction which Flathead (without a number) suggested as well with the animation he posted yesterday?

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
One stupid Idea I had is one of chomper's abilities could be to understand sharptooth so he may be able to hear clues the other characters would not understand since they do not understand sharptooth.

Ducky can swim to places the others can't reach and can squeeze into small places the others can not reach.  Petrie's is obvious.

Malte279

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Not a stupid idea at all Kor. Being able to understand Sharpteeth and walk around them without being attacked right away would be a very good concept for abilities to be associated with Chomper. Perhaps there could be a situation in the game where you need him to lure away a pack of sharpteeth who are blocking the way of the others and would attack the moment they spotted them.
In general I like the idea that depending on which character is talking to a given other character the reactions may be different. Cera for example may have a much easier time asking her Dad for a favor than Littlefoot would for example  ;)

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
I like that idea, the one where certain characters are best for certain situations and have certain abilities.    Though the only adventure games I've played have you as just one character, except for Day of the Tentacle that is, though each char was in a different time period so that doesn't really count.

Flathead

• Ruby
    • View Profile
Hi its me again lol anyway I tried to change the dialog on the demo template of that adventure game studio, but I'm still having problems with the script code (I'm no good at it!) so I've just decided to let it be for now  :lol , so you'll still see the pins and the voodoo doll for the talking animation sequences  :lol  anyway here the talking sequences, the gif file not very good though.

oh and I've decided to put the littlefoot character that I've done up on rapidshare so that anyone with a more artistic talent can improve upon it if they want to.

http://rapidshare.com/files/85072796/Littl...racter.rar.html

Oh and just a thought, has anyone ever thought of using "Visionaire"adventure-creation-system program?

http://www.visionaire2d.net/index.php?newlang=english

Apparently you can make adventure games with it but without having to use any scripts to it, the only reason I decided to use that adventure game studio was because their is a lot more help files on it than their is for that visionaire program.

Kor

• The Circle
  • The Gang of Five
    • View Profile
Sounds interesting.  Imagine if a couple folks here worked together.