The Gang of Five
The forum will have some maintenance done in the next couple of months. We have also made a decision concerning AI art in the art section.

Please see this post for more details.

jassy’s Fanart

jassy · 359 · 43883

jassy

• certified member of the spike fanclub :)
  • Member+
  • Spike
  • your local procrastinating fanartist!
    • View Profile
Ahhh, I finally managed to draw something worth posting!! This is my shot at redesigning my rainbow face OCs. It took me two days of boood, sweat and tears, but I think it was worth it. Since the actual picture is too big to post on here and I need to sleep, I’ll just link it for now and try re-uploading an appropriately sized version in the morning because I’m tired.  :p 

https://i.imgur.com/vNzIzsJ.jpg
"Don't you ever wonder what's out there?"  :rainbowThinking

Sneak

• Guiding lights
  • Member+
  • Cera
  • Welcoming darkness
    • View Profile
    • Submachine series
O_O

I demand you post here your previous drawings that "was not worth posting". Because this one is beyond awesome!
6/14
0/26

--------------------------

ask me thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15601
my personal thread: http://www.gangoffive.net/index.php?topic=15412

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I agree with Sneak, this is really good and I wouldn't mind seeing more of your drawings! And hey, we happen to have an OC drawing part of the fanart prompt going, want to join in using this as your submission?

As for the drawing itself I enjoy the colourful and abstract background and the feathered version of the rainbow faces looks pretty cool. I don't know if it's just me but do the neck and head look a little too long and big though? Anyways, great job on this drawing and I hope to see more from you in the future! :DD

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you both!! I’ll try to post other pieces that I’ve made as well as post newer ones, hopefully. And I’d love to join the prompt challenge! The only reason I haven’t is because of my year long art block :p

I will admit though that the proportions with the head and the neck are slightly skewed, so no, it’s not just you. Proportions were never my strong suit. Thank you!!

zero-point

• Administrator
  • Spike
    • View Profile
That drawing is really cool! What program did you use? Also, you can use [img] tags to embed the picture on the site! :DD
"The fire flickers with possibilities, I wonder what happens if you get a little closer?"

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you! I used Autodesk Sketchbook for this one. Thanks for the tip! :D

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Oooh, this one looks very nice! I like their designs. Looking forward to seeing more of your art :smile

rhombus

• Administrator
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
This is a very lovely drawing!  I look forward to seeing your future artworks.  :)

Go ahead and check out my fanfictions, The Seven Hunters, Songs of the Hunters, and Menders Tale.

Ducky123

• *feels like Pterano*
  • Member+
  • Littlefoot
    • View Profile
Well, what do you know? Not only is jassy a capable writer but a dedicated artist as well :wow

I personally prefer other painting styles than the one you used but your skill and technique can't be denied! That's a really cool picture of your OCs, please show us more of your art, yep yep yep :DD
Inactive, probably forever.

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Great job, jassy! There certainly are things that make this drawing very impressive, most of all the extremely smooth feel to it and the atmospheric background! Also, the eyes and beaks on both characters are spot-on and make the meeting here feel really emotional. However, as Flathead suggested, the anatomy isn't the best part of the drawing. Especially the torsos of the two look weird as a whole but other than that, this is one of the best "first drawings" I've seen here! :)littlefoot

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Thank you, everyone! Sorry that it took me forever to get back to you guys,,

Anyway, as you all said you wanted to see, here’s my most recent drawing of my OCs (one day I’ll draw something canon I swear) Iman (left) and Allen (right). This one took me about three days. Cut me some slack for the background, it was done at two in the morning ;;

https://i.imgur.com/u4uPwoc.jpg

Sergeant Burker

• Lord Of The Underworld
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hades here, lord of the underworld, how you doing?
    • View Profile
Hmm... Not a fan of this kind of drawing penship ... Kind of irritates me in my opinion. Just doesn't belong for the LBT art style.  :sducky
How sentimental. You know, I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat!

DarkWolf91

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
    • http://www.kelpgull.deviantart.com
Looks really good to me! The perspective you have in the background is nice, and the character designs are very original :smile

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
Hmm... Not a fan of this kind of drawing penship ... Kind of irritates me in my opinion. Just doesn't belong for the LBT art style.  :sducky

I can see where you’re coming from, since I know that some people prefer the original LBT art style. This was just me experimenting with semi-realism. I do appreciate your honesty, though, so thank you!

Looks really good to me! The perspective you have in the background is nice, and the character designs are very original :smile

Thank you, DarkWolf! In hindsight, I could have finished this later today, but I’d been working on it so long that I just wanted to be done with it :p

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I have to agree with DarkWolf, the characters are quite unique and are well done. I also like the background much more in this one then the last. It feels a lot more like a real background over the previous one

Good job!

Sergeant Burker

• Lord Of The Underworld
  • Member+
  • Chomper
  • Hades here, lord of the underworld, how you doing?
    • View Profile
One thing I do like are your designs for them. They feel like LBT characters or species.
How sentimental. You know, I haven't been this choked up since I got a hunk of moussaka caught in my throat!

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
Your style certainly is a nice one and I like the way you manage to make your characters' emotions look quite genuine even if the way you draw them isn't too LBT-like. I, too, like the background due to their colors and the way they work with the overall image. The anatomies are still quite weird though, especially with the wings. Yet, thanks for sharing this picture and well done with it!

jassy

• Member+
  • Spike
    • View Profile
been a while since i posted here, mainly because i’ve been unmotivated and busy :p However, I’m slowly trying to get back into the swing of things, so here’s a picture of Indigo and Blue, two characters from one of my stories! I tried a different approach with the shading on this one, and it’s a lot less time consuming and it looks a lot better, so I think I’ll stick with it!

Pictured here is Indigo thinking about what a hypocrite her brother is as he chews her out, lol

https://imgur.com/gallery/050CCaH

Sovereign

• Member+
  • Ducky
    • View Profile
It's great to see some art about Across the Seasons. :DD Indigo is quite well drawn here and her expression looks extremely genuine at Blue's antics and the way you drew her here is probably your best stuff thus far. However, Blue looks really weird and his head doesn't look to be quite right (maybe his snout is too long or thin?). But all in all, this drawing is quite cool and I look forward to seeing more drawings from this story or in general. :)

Flathead770

• Member+
  • Cera
    • View Profile
I quite like the more simple art style and shading as it matches more closely to LBT. I agree with Sovereign that the head on the one in the background looks a bit off. It's probably a mixture of snout being too long and thin, as Sovereign mentioned, but I think its lower jaw also sticks out a bit more then it should (comparing it to the one in closer to the foreground, its lower jaw looks correct). It's still a good drawing and it's great to see you continue drawing!  :)littlefoot